NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - 8th October 2021

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I don't think I've ever ordered from the store. So not sure what their standard is. 

Mine is coming via DPD, so at least I'm not in the Yodel / UK Mail camp. :D

They sent WarioWare via DPD, which I thought was overkill, so hoping the same this time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

And there's the shipped email, and yep, it's with DPD.

Great news! I need to sort some accessories now for mine. Had a screen protector on my OG model and probably want to do the same with this one. 

Picked up DK Tropical Freeze in the Switch sale last week too and looking forward to playing that on the OLED. 

• Like 1

I still think the kickstand is the biggest upgrade in this new model.  Massive improvement over the original.

As for the screen? I just don’t feel the need for a larger display.  The original is plenty big as it is.  And the original’s speakers were already great.

Really can’t see myself springing for SWOLED unless there’s something major we don’t already know about…

But I’m still looking forward to everyone else’s impressions of the SWOLED :) 

Edited by Dcubed

I have a pretty free work calendar today (working from home) apart from an interview I'm conducting at half 1 for an hour that I need to be on camera for. 

My DPD time slot? Between half 1 and half 2... :cry:

6 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I have a pretty free work calendar today (working from home) apart from an interview I'm conducting at half 1 for an hour that I need to be on camera for. 

For what it's worth I'm sure they'd be understanding if you explained up front and put a sign on the door saying you're in but in a meeting so it may take longer to get to the door. 

The interviewee is probably going to be more understanding than the DPD driver. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I woke up to an email saying mine will be delivered on Monday 😖

• Angry 1

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

For what it's worth I'm sure they'd be understanding if you explained up front and put a sign on the door saying you're in but in a meeting so it may take longer to get to the door. 

The interviewee is probably going to be more understanding than the DPD driver. 

I probably won't leave the desk to go and get a delivery. 

I think my preference is for it to be left with a neighbour anyway, so will keep everything crossed. :p

Although if it's a bad interview I might just be honest and say look son, there's better things I can be doing here. And answer the door. :grin:

8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I think my preference is for it to be left with a neighbour anyway, so will keep everything crossed. :p

"Sweet! A free Switch OLED!"

• Haha 1

I just got a Switch OLED delivered that I tried to cancel :blush: Oops.

The box is so tiny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't even finished the transfer and I'm already wondering what I did without this screen. :o

It's gorgeous. Whacked a tempered glass protector on before I even let a grubby finger touch the panel! 

eJQBrRd.jpeg

• Like 4

Arrived! Neon looks a lot different in person.

I want to use the Sd card from my old Switch, I guessing I'll have to backup the data and then the card will get formatted by the new Switch?

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Arrived! Neon looks a lot different in person.

I want to use the Sd card from my old Switch, I guessing I'll have to backup the data and then the card will get formatted by the new Switch?

Yeah I think that's right. I just whipped it out of my old one after the system transfer and when I placed it in my OLED it had to do a system update. It seems to have worked but not checked that everything on it came over yet. It's taking an age to download all of my titles as I primarily buy digital on switch. 

• Thanks 1

Should have backed up my SD card earlier, going to take over an hour to copy over. :blank:

Build quality feels better, it's a metal body now?

Wait, if I transfer my account, how does Animal Crossing save get transferred. Don't you need to use the tool?

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Wait, if I transfer my account, how does Animal Crossing save get transferred. Don't you need to use the tool?

Yes, and the best order is: Animal Crossing transfer first, than the full user transfer after that.

12 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Yes, and the best order is: Animal Crossing transfer first, than the full user transfer after that.

So I did a transfer of my account, but kept it on my old console as well. So I use use the tool on both systems then do can I do a full transfer of the same account to the OLED?

Oh Christ. I transferred my system and user before doing the island. I haven’t played AC for months. But the thought of me essentially murdering Bill (couldn’t give a fuck about the others) is a concern. :( 

3 hours ago, Ike said:

So I did a transfer of my account, but kept it on my old console as well. So I use use the tool on both systems then do can I do a full transfer of the same account to the OLED?

This worked up until the point of doing a full transfer (apart from the Animal Crossing tool getting. communication error the first couple of times), it wouldn't let me transfer account because it was already there. Either the tool doesn't work in this scenario were you have only 1 account or I'm being incredibly dumb.

I had to create another account on the OLED, delete my user and start the transfer again. I'm hoping it didn't deleted my Animal Crossing save since it's tied to the console.

Currently doing a transfer so will find out soon.

• Thanks 1

Under Data Management there's a transfer data option, could have probably used that but didn't know it was there...

Update: Panic over! My AC save is there. Phew.

• Like 1

To be precise; it also works after you’ve already done a user transfer to your new Switch, it’s just more of a hassle. Fastest/easiest way is AC first, user after.

If you’ve already done the user transfer you have to install that user back on the old Switch before you can make use of Island Transfer tool. That’s all.

• Like 1