NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - 8th October 2021

Ah, so I was being dumb afterall. I had it in my head that once the transfer was done, that was it. Probably because of the old way transfers were done 

They fixed the hiss when using wired headphones! Forget Bluetooth headphones.

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

To be precise; it also works after you’ve already done a user transfer to your new Switch, it’s just more of a hassle. Fastest/easiest way is AC first, user after.

If you’ve already done the user transfer you have to install that user back on the old Switch before you can make use of Island Transfer tool. That’s all.

Ah great, thanks. That's what I will do later then. Like I say, I haven't bothered with my island in months. But don't really want to lose 300+ hours of work! 

• Thanks 1

Also, one thing I have noticed is that the rumble feels better to me in the joycons on this model. I turned it off on my older Switch as I hated it, it was always too strong but this feels more muted? 

I could be imagining it as I don't think anything changed. 

For those who find the OLED colours a bit too bright and saturated, there is a setting in your Switch menu under system where you can change it from vivid to standard. Makes it look a lot more natural but still bright and shiny.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone help me really quickly? I'm trying to transfer data from my old Switch to my new OLED and keep my old system but when I do that I can't transfer certain saves (like FIFA 22)

If I go back to the beginning and transfer my user and select that I'm not keeping the old system, will those saves transfer across or will they still not carry over and I'll end up losing them completely this way?

7 hours ago, nekunando said:

Can anyone help me really quickly? I'm trying to transfer data from my old Switch to my new OLED and keep my old system but when I do that I can't transfer certain saves (like FIFA 22)

If I go back to the beginning and transfer my user and select that I'm not keeping the old system, will those saves transfer across or will they still not carry over and I'll end up losing them completely this way?

Pretty sure that it’s the latter.  Doesn’t matter if you’re keeping the old system or not.

I was of the impression that everything except for Animal Crossing (due to it being the ONE game on Switch that doesn’t have its save files tied to a specific user; but rather to the console) would transfer over when you do a data transfer from one Switch to another?

Guess EA must be actively blocking it somehow?

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Pretty sure that it’s the latter.  Doesn’t matter if you’re keeping the old system or not.

I was of the impression that everything except for Animal Crossing (due to it being the ONE game on Switch that doesn’t have its save files tied to a specific user; but rather to the console) would transfer over when you do a data transfer from one Switch to another?

Guess EA must be actively blocking it somehow?

With the way Ultimate Team is, I can definitely see why allowing save files to be copied or backed up would be restricted, unfortunately!

Thankfully, I think @markderoos done a complete system transfer, removing his data from the original Switch and that seems to have worked so I will hopefully take care of that tonight and finally see the OLED in action!

• Like 1

What are people who upgraded doing with their old Switch? Keeping it, passing it on to family members/friends or trading it in? Trying to decide what to do with it.

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

What are people who upgraded doing with their old Switch? Keeping it, passing it on to family members/friends or trading it in? Trying to decide what to do with it.

I know my brother is in the market for one, so I'll check if he wants to take it from my hands. If not I'll try to sell it second hand.

Selling mine. Just need to get it on eBay or FB marketplace when I can be bothered. 
I picked it up last night and powered it on and couldn’t believe how shit the screen looked. :o 

Never really bothered me before, but coming from this bigger oled screen you can really see the improvement.