Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

NEO: The World Ends With You

Final trailer even though the release date is still a month out.

Various sites are saying that a demo will be available any day now (the source they all echo is a deleted S-E tweet) so I'll report back if and when it happens. It would be good to get some hands-on time with NTWEWY to see what the controls feel like. Maybe when the eShop updates later?

(Searched for a thread to bump but didn't see anything. ::shrug: Feel free to merge as required, Lord @Ike!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Demo is up on PS4/5, hopefully up on switch as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Map said:

Great. :) Looking forward to trying it over the weekend.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Map said:

It is, I'm downloading it now.

Looking forward to getting this. I don't intend to buy many games this year, but this will be one of the few (maybe monster hunters stories as well). It helps that I'm not interested in golf or skating.

I never finished the original though, maybe I'll try to play that before the game arrives. But not having to worry about a 2nd screen is kind of a relieve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I never finished the original though, maybe I'll try to play that before the game arrives. But not having to worry about a 2nd screen is kind of a relieve.

Honestly? As unique as that game is, I never felt like I got to grips with fighting on two screens at once.

Far too confusing.

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Honestly? As unique as that game is, I never felt like I got to grips with fighting on two screens at once.

Far too confusing.

I really enjoyed the flexibility of assigning your preferred pins to Neku and having a blast on the bottom screen.. but I basically just kept pressing directions randomly on the top screen until I was fortunate enough for something to trigger 😅

• Like 1

For some reason or another, I thought this would be little more than a vapid cash-in but it's actually really cool.

Only downside in the demo, imo, is the loading into and out of battles. At least coming out you can look at the battle stats.

Yeah I enjoyed the demo.

I'm again enjoying the vibe and setting, walking around in Shibuya. Combat seems cool, though a bit easy so far in the demo. The last boss in the demo was the only one to remove a chunk of my health, and that was more because I was playing on autopilot at that point, you could get away with spamming your powers. I had even lowered my level, for extra pins. But I assume things will get harder after this, especially oif you can change the difficulty, something you couldn't do in the demo. Loved collecting and evolving pins, there's plenty of stuff to collect again.

I had a few minor niggles, but nothing major so far. One thing is I don't like having no camera control, though weirdly enough I only felt that way while roaming around, I didn't have any problems with the auto camera during battles. The more significant niggle was, as @darksnowman already mentioned, the loading times. So far they haven't been too annoying, as you don't actually have to fight that much, but maybe that's different later on.

But overall I'm excited.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah I enjoyed the demo.

I'm again enjoying the vibe and setting, walking around in Shibuya. Combat seems cool, though a bit easy so far in the demo. The last boss in the demo was the only one to remove a chunk of my health, and that was more because I was playing on autopilot at that point, you could get away with spamming your powers. I had even lowered my level, for extra pins. But I assume things will get harder after this, especially oif you can change the difficulty, something you couldn't do in the demo. Loved collecting and evolving pins, there's plenty of stuff to collect again.

I had a few minor niggles, but nothing major so far. One thing is I don't like having no camera control, though weirdly enough I only felt that way while roaming around, I didn't have any problems with the auto camera during battles. The more significant niggle was, as @darksnowman already mentioned, the loading times. So far they haven't been too annoying, as you don't actually have to fight that much, but maybe that's different later on.

But overall I'm excited.

I got a game over in my second battle! :blush: I'm not sure what happened but it seemed like the yellowy-blue lion one-shotted me because the encounter ended very quickly. So zetta quickly that I thought it was a forced death to teach me something about the rules of dying in the Reapers' Game. It wasn't, and after that I mashed Y + X to an A grade victory. Mashing with no real thought turned out to be enough for the demo--I hope the full game has more depth and strategy to it. 

The Buya looks great, yeah! I like the way the tall buildings and skyscrapers lean down as you head in certain directions. I tried to turn the camera too, but I think having it fixed is totally fine for this... it would help more if the map in the lower corner was oriented in the same direction as the fixed camera view because it didn't seem like running left on screen, for example, took me left on the map. A strange way of presenting things, imo.

The loading times aren't annoying, I agree, but they are noticeable which is what I find strange. At least loading out of battle has the results screen to camouflage it, but no attempt has been made (in the demo) to mask the few seconds it takes to load in. It's a wee bit jarring as otherwise the game seems pretty smooth!

Displaying noise erased rather than "NOISE CANCELLED!" at the end of battle is a missed opportunity. :p 

• Like 1

Got this yesterday, and have been playing all night. Loving it, I like the battle system, and love to collect everything. I like trying out the new pins, got my first game over when I was trying a couple of new ones that took some adjusting of my playstyle. It's a bit like a rhythm game in that, as you have to figure out how to best combo your attacks, as this is how you do well.I've unlocked hard (and easy), so I'm playing mostly hard 10 levels below, but I'll check the other difficulties to see if they have some exclusive pins I'm not getting on hard. I'm on day 7, but the game's only about 18% complete. Got 55 or something pins out of over 300.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Decided to pick up the physical version for this one.  Normally I’d get digital first and then physical later when it’s cheaper; but I figured that chances are that this game’s physical version will become rare very quickly, as S-E don’t seem particularly interested in giving this game much of a push (so I suspect a very low print run).  So figured I might as well pick it up physically now while I can and I’ll nab the digital version on discount later :) 

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this