NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Unite (Switch & Mobile)

The CGI part of the trailer looked great, made me think it was going to be some crazy Pokémon Rocket League. Could do lots of great things with the concept

The gameplay footage afterwards...not so much. Does not look like anything I'd remotely enjoy.

Can we have the Pokémon Rocket League game instead?

I'm actually quite excited for this. MOBAs are pretty fun to play, and the time limit means that you know exactly how long every match is going to be, something that is a bit of a hindrance in other MOBAs. I've been playing a bit of League of Legends: Wild Rift (the mobile version) and that is surprisingly solid and works well on a phone, so I have hopes this will work out pretty nice as well.

But it the biggest challenge will be if they can keep the balance up, have a little bit of depth and if the player base sticks or it will take half an hour to find a match. We'll see, I'll definitely give it a go.

So of that 2:40 trailer 30 seconds contains gameplay...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So of that 2:40 trailer 30 seconds contains gameplay...

I mean, that's pretty standard for Mobile games.

That CG intro was pretty awesome to be honest. I’ll see how the Switch version pans out. 

Looks like some sort of Pokémon Quidditch Battle Arena. Weird.

Wow, Gen 5 gets one Pokémon line, and it's Crustle?

I mean, kudos for the unorthodox choice, but after Sword and Shield's love affair with Unova Pokédex, I would've expected a little better balance there.

Of course, Gen 1 gets almost half the roster to itself. (10 there, 11 if you count Ninetales)

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Pikachu has new hats, I see they are taking inspiration from PoGo 

Nah, those are full blown costumes. That's Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire inspiration there.

While part of me loves seeing a Garchomp in scuba gear, I just know that it's gonna be locked behind microtransactions.

The Switch version is releasing next week:

Still strangely excited for this. Will definitely give it a go!

Sign in to follow this