NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

WarioWare Get It Together! (10th Sept)

I was wondering when they were gonig to stick a Warioware game on the Switch... Took them a while, I think the Wii U launched with Game & Wario.

Never played a WarioWare game, looks a lot of fun. 

Is it multiplayer focused or can it be fun in single player?

Edited by Ronnie

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Never played a WarioWare game, looks a lot of fun. 

Is it multiplayer focused or can it be fun in single player?

Definitely both.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Has Wario always sounded like that?

In WarioWare Gold, he and all the characters had full voice acting.

And yes, Wario sounded like that, and it was amazing!

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And yes, Wario sounded like that, and it was amazing!

ishethough.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

ishethough.png

I think it's a mix of hearing Wario with full lines and Martinet has been doing it for decades now. Same vibes as hearing Julie Kavner as Marge on the latest seasons of the Simpsons. 

Anyway,  WarioWare Gold was a compilation, Game&Wario was something and DIY had few original levels and required you to make your own so... we haven't had a true, new, original WarioWare title since Wii's Smooth Moves in 2007!! Long overdue! Thank you Nintendo for finally not messing with the formula and inject this right in my veins!! 

Edited by Josh64
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The box art is beautiful!

e38yhxzx0aihwkmpwj6l.jpeg

Absolutely Majestic!

I noticed Shopto have put up a load of games for pre-order and it looks like this is a budget release at £35. Good stuff.

• Like 1

For anyone even a little interested in WarioWare: Get it Together, don't skip WarioWare Gold!

I've been playing it again this week on 3DS and it is EXCELLENT :grin:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nekunando said:

For anyone even a little interested in WarioWare: Get it Together, don't skip WarioWare Gold!

I've been playing it again this week on 3DS and it is EXCELLENT :grin:

Yup. I’ve been playing it as well. I started it when I originally picked it up but never got around to finishing it. The announcement of this game got me in the mood to fire Gold back up and I ended up finishing the game….well, the credits rolled at least. There’s still a load to do in the game, such as getting the high scores and unlocking lots of the collectibles.

This was a bit like Miitopia in that many people passed on it due to the arrival of the Switch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. I’ve been playing it as well. I started it when I originally picked it up but never got around to finishing it. The announcement of this game got me in the mood to fire Gold back up and I ended up finishing the game….well, the credits rolled at least. There’s still a load to do in the game, such as getting the high scores and unlocking lots of the collectibles.

This was a bit like Miitopia in that many people passed on it due to the arrival of the Switch.

I didn't skip Miitopia because of the Switch.. I just didn't think I'd enjoy it :heh:

Funnily enough, when I saw all of the missions in WarioWare Gold, I thought of you! I cleared all of the main game a few years ago but there's plenty to go back to :hehe:

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Funnily enough, when I saw all of the missions in WarioWare Gold, I thought of you! I cleared all of the main game a few years ago but there's plenty to go back to :hehe:

Haha. Yeah, it certainly scratches that achievement/trophy itch. 

Nintendo just put a Demo for this game up on the eshop

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Nintendo just put a Demo for this game up on the eshop

First hit's free, of course ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

I've been really looking forward to this given my recent fun with Wario Ware Gold but I've been a little wary (Wario Wary :blank: ) about how this one might turn out given the shift in focus of how you clear each microgame with different characters and their particular abilities.

I'm not against Nintendo trying something fresh with a series that consistently provides fun ways to use their hardware but the demo has left me feeling even more skeptical that before!

I'm sure it'll ultimately be great when it releases and I get to grips with each of the characters but even at this late stage, something seems a little off..

• Thanks 1

On 20/08/2021 at 10:22 PM, nekunando said:

I'm sure it'll ultimately be great when it releases and I get to grips with each of the characters but even at this late stage, something seems a little off..

Yeah, I agree. :o

I think the multiple character/controls across all microgames concept is pretty cool and also well implemented, but the increased focus on co-op play is somewhat concerning for me. :hmm: Get the feeling this could even join Mega Party Game$! as the other WarioWare game that I don't purchase. :blank:

Will be tough to resist though as WarioWare's zaniness is just so damn appealing! :D And damn, those D.I.Y vibes in the music...

sooooo good. :bouncy:

The demo is fun, especially the co-op. I was expecting co-op to involve taking turns, but both people play each minigame at the same time. You can probably get much better scores this way, if you don't keep getting in each others way. :laughing:

Nintendo Players UK are currently doing a high score competition for the demo:

• Thanks 1

Yep, @Dcubed and I stumbled across that.

That said, I'm pretty certain I noticed that game when this was revealed. Sure it was one of the games a trailer showed (just a small screenshot)

Edited by Glen-i

Sign in to follow this