NEurope

Just so everyone knows, the game leaked yesterday. Videos of the final boss are out there or so I've heard. I'm actively blocking Metroid mentions on Twitter for a brief period of time (about a couple of weeks) to avoid the major spoilers for the game that have been put out there.

• Thanks 2

Nice quotes from Polygon

I can't think of a 2D game that feels better to control.

Nintendo has had a long history of making movement through its game worlds feel incredible, and for the Metroid series, Dread is the pinnacle.

• Like 1

I’ve had a pretty much 100% black out of this game and can’t wait to play it. I’m not a huge Metroid fan, never got into the older games, but the Prime games on GC really pulled me in and were great to play. 
I even ordered the deluxe set thing from the Nintendo store. I expect them to be shipping them real soon as I’ve still not seen confirmation that mine has been sent but it was like this for the last game I ordered there. It was sent Thursday evening and arrived the next day. 

• Thanks 1

My copy arrived today. Played about 2 and half hours so far.

The panic when you encounter the EMMI's is real, haha.

Worse than the SA-X so far... Coming into their area and not knowing the layout and trying to escape. I've died a bunch of times to them already.

You can potentially counter them but the window seems to be so small I've not managed it except for the tutorial one they give you on your first encounter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also looking forward to this. I've played all 3 Metroid Primes, but that's all my experience is with Metroid. 

Loved those games, so looking forward to seeing how this plays being 2d. 

Amassed a bit of a Switch catalogue now and am excited to start delving into it, starting with this! 

• Like 1

Be really interesting to see how this compared to more modern Metroid-likes, Hollow Knight, Ori etc. Reviews seem to suggest it's just as good if not better. Wish my copy had been delivered today, any time now Ninty store.... :indeed:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ve had a pretty much 100% black out of this game and can’t wait to play it. I’m not a huge Metroid fan, never got into the older games, but the Prime games on GC really pulled me in and were great to play. 

39 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Also looking forward to this. I've played all 3 Metroid Primes, but that's all my experience is with Metroid. 

Loved those games, so looking forward to seeing how this plays being 2d. 

They're kinda nothing alike, so...

No confirmation from either Nintendo Store, or Currys as of yet... there's still time though.

If it arrives tomorrow, on launch day, then that's great, if not... oh well. ::shrug:

I'm looking forward to playing it, of course, as it's the only upcoming Switch game I have more than a passing interest in, but so long as it arrives, that's fine.

Is there any interest in a quick gallery feature for the site, featuring pictures of the limited edition, in similar vein to the one which was made for Metroid Samus Returns Legacy Edition?

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

They're kinda nothing alike, so...

Well I’ll decide that once I play it. :) 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

No confirmation from either Nintendo Store, or Curry's as of yet... there's still time though.

Nintendo Store shipped WarioWare really late and it arrived next day.

• Thanks 2

On 16/09/2021 at 7:26 PM, Dog-amoto said:

Yeah, I managed to snag a copy at £27 too so we’ll just see if they honour it. Somehow don’t think they will though. 

Got my shipping notification that it should be arriving tomorrow

• Like 1

I just got both notifications as well.

Nintendo Store for the Special Edition. (plus a double-sided poster, sticker sheet, and keyring?!?)

Currys for the bargain-priced standard copy. (which I'm sure my brother will appreciate)

Tomorrow will surely be a Dreadful Friday. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Nintendo Store for the Special Edition. (plus a double-sided poster, sticker sheet, and keyring?!?)

Honestly kind of wish they would stop that, I’ve got more key rings than keys.

Got my shipping email as well. :peace:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Me too :yay:

• Like 1

Mine has been stuck at the “ready for shipping” status since Monday, but it’s not with the courier (Royal Mail) still. :cry:

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Me too woohoo

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kav said:

Mine has been stuck at the “ready for shipping” status since Monday, but it’s not with the courier (Royal Mail) still. :cry:

Same :cry:

• Sad 1

Amazon managed to not ship mine out.  Gutted as I was looking forward more to this than the Switch OLED which is arriving today.

I've managed to put 4 hours gameplay in yesterday. Got 4 energy tanks and 17% Items. Aquired a fair few abilities and getting used to the counter (never played Samus Returns remake) even for the EMMI's...still dying loads though, but managed to counter one twice in a row, felt epic :D

Taken out a few EMMIs also, sooner than I thought would happen, but still have a number left. I am hoping though that the number of EMMI's destroyed isn't an indicator to how close I am to end. Assuming the last bunch are more spaced out or longer before you can kill them.

Looking forward to getting more in today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I've managed to put 4 hours gameplay in yesterday. Got 4 energy tanks and 17% Items. Aquired a fair few abilities and getting used to the counter (never played Samus Returns remake) even for the EMMI's...still dying loads though, but managed to counter one twice in a row, felt epic :D

Without going into too much detail on the actual game. How many times would you say you've been killed by them?

The constant instant death looming over you is making me not want to boot this up. Just can't get the motivation up.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Without going into too much detail on the actual game. How many times would you say you've been killed by them?

The constant instant death looming over you is making me not want to boot this up. Just can't get the motivation up.

Oh, I've not been counting but a good few each. Mostly from me panicking and getting myself stuck in a corner or trying to jump over them but jumping into them instead.

When you get the cloak it take a bit of the panic away as you can try be a bit more stealthy...till you make a mistake as they come running for ya. :p

However as I said I'm starting to get the hang of the counter timining...I think.... i've successfully countered 3 of the last 6 times I been caught so I think that good :p

But thankfully the insta death hasn't been too much of a hinderence as the game makes a check point save when you enter an EMMI patrolled area. So if you die you just go back to that door and not back to your last save which is good. Same for bosses, you get a check point on the door before them.

If you close the game down however it will only load up on the last save point, the checkpoints are only used for that session.

• Thanks 2

My copy arrived! :yay:

Got a little dented in the corner, but it's a nice box.

Pretty much what I expected from the Treehouse demonstration, then.

I don't know, the heavy focus on stealth and the harsh punishment for getting caught is just making me very apathetic towards this game.