NEurope

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Not quite sure why Nintendo seem so keen to spoil everything about this game before release, but I ain’t going near that trailer!

They've been doing that for years now, and it's getting really annoying. If you watch all the content Nintendo put out before a big game's release you'll have seen most of what it has to offer. They literally showed all but 3 or 4 of the Kingdoms in Mario Odyssey.

36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nope.  I ain’t going anywhere near that trailer.

Not quite sure why Nintendo seem so keen to spoil everything about this game before release, but I ain’t going near that trailer!

Because Metroid is pretty niche as far as Nintendo IP's go.

I guarantee they desperately want this to sell well so they're showing a lot of their hand.

Edited by Glen-i

The spoiler is technically avoidable, I just happened to notice the spoiler before I'd seen the trailer, as a certain Nintendo news site put the spoiler in the actual header text, before you even click on the article, and they used a picture of the most spoilerific part of the trailer for their article image, so there was no chance of avoiding it, apart from avoiding that certain Nintendo site, which has form for doing this before, but I was looking for Nintendo news to post, so that's Life I guess. :indeed:

In future, I'll keep checking the other news sites for Everything Nintendo related, as they at least make a conscious effort with their article titles and graphics, the other site relies too much on clickbait and seems only too glad to post spoilers just to get more views. Granted, we don't post a lot of news here on N-Europe any more, but at least from what we do post, you can usually guarantee that you won't find any significant spoilers on the main page. ::shrug:

I do get it though, Nintendo and Mercury Steam are really keen to show the game off, personally though, I've seen more than enough from the main game, and while any spoilers from a Metroid game probably aren't going to be anything which couldn't have been fathomed from what we've seen in previous games, it is nice to play a game and experience as much of it as is possible, organically as it plays out.

Anyway, up to before this point, all which has been revealed about the game, hasn't been that laden with spoilers... but we're six weeks away now from the release of the game, and I don't trust Nintendo/Mercury Steam and the usual news sites not to point out every aspect of the game, including the final boss, real final boss and every unlockable item/secret at this point. :blank:

Edited by S.C.G

Avoiding watching trailers and they go and post about the contents separately anyway so I've seen part of it now. :mad:

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Avoiding watching trailers and they go and post about the contents separately anyway so I've seen part of it now. :mad:

Exactly, this is what I'm talking about... and this is precisely why on our main page I put a spoiler-warning (and in this thread) plus I only posted the press release (which can be scrolled through) and the trailer at the bottom of the page, which is there if anyone chooses to watch it, and nothing else aside from that, no pictures or a more detailed breakdown than that of the basic information from the e-mail.

• Thanks 1

Falco is American so he unfortunately doesn't know the wonders of Argos. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I managed to snag a copy at £27 too so we’ll just see if they honour it. Somehow don’t think they will though. 

38 minutes ago, Kav said:

Their site can’t find my address 😂😭

Your tweet did inform me of the deal so at least some good came out of it 😋

35 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Yeah, I managed to snag a copy at £27 too so we’ll just see if they honour it. Somehow don’t think they will though. 

They've done decent deals in the past. Granted not this but even so. I recall picking up Pokémon Shield from then a few weeks after release for about £10 off so maybe they sometimes use games as a loss leader. 

• Like 1

I put an order in, as I know my brother will be after a copy of the game.

I've had the confirmation e-mail 'we're pleased to confirm your order' along with five order acknowledgement e-mails, all for the same order.

The price seemed to change back to the usual RRP right after that though.

The amiibo set is £26.99 isn’t it? I can only assume that the prices have been mixed up. I have a pending transaction for £26.99 on my bank so we’ll just see what happens. My gut is they’ll cancel it and send me a refund. 

1 hour ago, Dog-amoto said:

The amiibo set is £26.99 isn’t it? I can only assume that the prices have been mixed up. I have a pending transaction for £26.99 on my bank so we’ll just see what happens. My gut is they’ll cancel it and send me a refund. 

Do Curry's PC World stock amiibo normally? Maybe it's just my local few, but I can't recall ever seeing any in there, or even on their site for that matter ::shrug:

Which is to say, fingers crossed you guys who put an order in have it honoured for £27! :smile:

PSA for everyone trying to avoid all trailers of Dread!

Smash Bros Ultimate is having a Spirit Event for Dread this weekend. Samus and E.M.M.I are two of the spirits, but there's a third one of something that wasn't in the initial reveal trailer.

So if you don't care about collecting Spirits, it might be wise to just close your eyes if you boot up Smash, and mash A to get past the notification pop-up until you get to the main menu.

• Thanks 2

Reviews are coming in…

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Read the Eurogamer and Polygon reviews - suffice to say I am now properly hyped.

• Like 2

Similar reviews as what Samus Returns got, if very slightly better.

Given the drag factor from Dread being a 2D game on a HD console selling for £50/€60/$60 (which will inevitably lower its review scores unfairly). That’s a very good result!

Roll on Friday! :D 

• Like 1

Brilliant reviews, really looking forward to it. My first Metroid game since Metroid on the NES :laughing: