NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goafer

Forza Horizon 5

17 minutes ago, Julius said:

Oh, I get you now, didn't know you were on about that promotion. Honestly, that's a fair point in those cases, though I doubt most outside of the gaming industry's web of news made use of it? But that could just be a totally misplaced hunch of mine. I know I'd totally be on it too if I had an Xbox right now, though I'd probably also be one of those ponying up for the Premium Bundle too.  

I honestly don't think I want to try to get my head around how much Xbox have had to haemorrhage to offer promotions like that. I think it will be really interesting to see when the price goes up (I'd assume when Starfield releases next year), and how they're going to keep the model sustainable. 

But I've probably derailed the thread enough, so to get back on topic: to those of you playing, which car/s are you mainly driving around? Is there a particular car that you're really looking forward to taking for a spin? 

I suspect it's probably quite well known because the Game Pass promotion is very heavily advertised in several places. Also everyone who had XBL Gold time back before Game Pass had launched (who then went on to sub to GP) would have become aware of this trick, since as soon as they subbed to Game Pass it would have converted their XBL Gold time to Game Pass time automatically.

You'll also have people subbing to Game Pass for a month or a year just to play this game, but that will still mean people will be getting it far cheaper than they would have if they had to buy the game (which makes it a much easier sell).

Edited by Sheikah

Well, so far I've purchased the best (most hilarious) looking car I could find, tuned it to a ludicrous level of performance considering its appearance, and found an excellent spot on the map to drive it off at insanely high speed:
:laughing:

So I'm pretty happy with the game. :heh:

Oh yeah, messed about with the custom livery thing a little bit too...
Pay attention to my custom number plate before and after that jump.
;)

• Like 3

Well, so far I've purchased the best (most hilarious) looking car I could find, tuned it to a ludicrous level of performance considering its appearance, and found an excellent spot on the map to drive it off at insanely high speed:
:laughing:
So I'm pretty happy with the game. :heh:
Oh yeah, messed about with the custom livery thing a little bit too...
Pay attention to my custom number plate before and after that jump.
Tell me you didn't feel the urge to parachute out of that car at the peak of the jump?
  • Haha 2

Is there any way to see the make and model of the car that a design in "My Designs" is supposed to be applied to? Seems like a really stupid and obvious oversight to me.

2 hours ago, martinist said:

Is there any way to see the make and model of the car that a design in "My Designs" is supposed to be applied to? Seems like a really stupid and obvious oversight to me.

I don't think there is, it's a bit odd really. I had a look at some designs I liked then realised I have no idea what car they're for. All I can identify is "it's a car".

Played this for a bit and it sure is pretty. 

Other than that, not for me. Gonna be the same way with Gran Turismo 7 as soon as I'll get to try that one :laughing: 

Just gimme another Burnout with graphics like these, please :( 

I played this on PC for a while, was having fun... then just got soooo suddenly bored with it. Maybe its the Gamepass thing where I don't feel like there's any value behind whether I play it or not, but I just don't feel invested. Also I absolutely cannot stand the organisation of the quests. I kept being told I was still doing some championship that I didn't know I'd started, and I couldn't tell how to resume.

Meh. Burnout Paradise is still better.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I played this on PC for a while, was having fun... then just got soooo suddenly bored with it. Maybe its the Gamepass thing where I don't feel like there's any value behind whether I play it or not, but I just don't feel invested. Also I absolutely cannot stand the organisation of the quests. I kept being told I was still doing some championship that I didn't know I'd started, and I couldn't tell how to resume.

Meh. Burnout Paradise is still better.

I'm pretty much the same. Played the hell out of FH4 and it's easily my favourite facing game, but 5 didn't grip me at all.

One thing that really bothers me is the difficulty. I could win pretty much any race against Highly Skilled AI in FH4, but I really struggle in 5. Not because the AI are any better, but because the car balancing is straight bullshit. The car balancing in 4 was great, so you could show up in any car and the AI would (mostly) be evenly matched. In 5, theyre almost always unfairly faster in terms of acceleration and speed. It's completely demotivated me to buy new cars and modify them, which was the main fun of the FH games for me.

It's a shame, as I love the setting and the series as a whole.

I think on certain difficulties, one of the AI racers is artificially faster than the other ones.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this