NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (18th March 2022)

It's real! 

Demo coming soon to PS5 and will be multiplatform. Not at all what I expected Final Fantasy x Souls to look like, and that dialogue... :blank:

Edited by Julius

Was gonna say are they looking for this Chaos?

Sonicchannel_chaos.png&ehk=4HcEUm5IOvQUX

Game looks very un-Final Fantasy to me. Guess that why they pointed out it's a new direction.

• Haha 1

Guess Sony must’ve reneged on the PS5 exclusivity deal after seeing that clunker of a trailer :laughing:

• Haha 1

Oh man, that guy does kind of look like Eminem!

And that's all I'll ever see now!

• Haha 1

I keep picturing this random un-Final Fantasy looking bloke fighting big mainstays of the series, and then someone mocks this up...

E3ygF84VoAEo5RF?format=jpg&name=large

...and I just lose my mind in laughter!

From bad to worse for Square Enix. 

The demo is currently unplayable as it is corrupted (a widespread issue):

E3zDri2XoAIYx4c?format=jpg&name=large

Damn, that trailer is hilarious. I can't believe this is the first title (other than Dissidia) to add some solid lore to the first-ever Final Fantasy, the game and series that defined the company for so long... and it's this.

If I'm being honest, this has Nomura written all over it. It's like I'm seeing him engage on his guilty pleasures live and on full display. I'd be surprised if this was anybody else's idea.

Ah well, here's a relevant video to stay on-topic:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julius said:

From bad to worse for Square Enix. 

The demo is currently unplayable as it is corrupted (a widespread issue):

E3zDri2XoAIYx4c?format=jpg&name=large

Well that's appropriate.  It's literally a corruption of Final Fantasy 1!

I think it's probably a good idea to just cancel the whole thing at this point.  There's no salvaging this disaster now.

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Oh no, it just dawned on me. I resumed my playthrough of this game the day before the Square conference. Literally saw that cutscene!

It's all my fault! I foolishly played with dangerously edgy games and now I've accidentally shanked Final Fantasy with it!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wait, is Shadow a Hero of Light...

Nah, they weren't operating under the moniker of Heroes of Light in FF VI as far as I remember.

;)

It's been nearly 24 hours since the demo went up and still no word on a fix. Their official account's most recent tweet:

Total botch. Trailer wasn't great, but if the gameplay is good then maybe there's something to salvage here. Sadly, it's impossible to tell with a broken demo :blank:

• Haha 1

Damn, that trailer is hilarious. I can't believe this is the first title (other than Dissidia) to add some solid lore to the first-ever Final Fantasy, the game and series that defined the company for so long... and it's this.
If I'm being honest, this has Nomura written all over it. It's like I'm seeing him engage on his guilty pleasures live and on full display. I'd be surprised if this was anybody else's idea.
Yep, Nomura all over it. It's got that air of complete bollocks to it.

The nonsense is so thick I can TASTE it. :laughing:

It's been nearly 24 hours since the demo went up and still no word on a fix. Their official account's most recent tweet:

Total botch. Trailer wasn't great, but if the gameplay is good then maybe there's something to salvage here. Sadly, it's impossible to tell with a broken demo :blank:

It's complete chaos.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Mark my words, this game is gonna sell millions...

It seems like they ought to kill that guy at the end.

There's been an update. 

And that update is to keep waiting. 

5cad5db045e77fe18c300d16b58f1fa7.gif

EDIT: looks like it might be good to go?

Edited by Julius

Downloading now.

Depending on whether my supervisor will send me feedback for my Bachelor's Thesis today I might actually have some time to give it a go :D

• Like 1

Downloaded and about to dive in. 

Biggest hope by far is what we saw in the trailer is what the demo covers, and this boy band gets cut down at the end of it and we've been totally faked out. Someone turns up in the classic FF armour and cut to black. 

So basically I want some Kojima madness up in this demo. Please S-E. Even if the game plays well, I struggle to be excited for a game with characters that look like this. 

(But more realistically maybe the main character is the only one who survives the demo? We'll see I guess!)

Gave it a very brief (5 minute) go.

It's Nioh.

And the resolution is ass.

• Haha 1

Ehh, guys...I'm enjoying this a lot.

Yes, the characters are stupid and the game's resolution is crap. But the fighting mechanics are great and, while taking inspiration from Nioh, offer a cool way to take on enemies.

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Edited by drahkon

Sign in to follow this