NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Have to say the visuals look a little rough all of a sudden and quite basic in places. Maybe I'm misremembering but the first game was so vibrant and full of life, this seems a bit barren and empty. There are also a couple of massive background glitches, like the one at 1:56.

This isn't related to the game but look how precious he is!

mariorabbidssparksofhopeshowcaseroundupbanner.620x0.webp

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Showcase Roundup

Now up on the main page.

Press release and video.

"Don't cry Ubisoft man"

That's a beautiful cover, no wonder he's chuffed.

Read the article. Something I don't believe has been mentioned until now...

Spoiler

Soliani hints that the team party number isn't fixed at 3, although seems to suggest either special missions or later in the game. 3 will still be the standard. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the Ubisoft Forward showing was pretty decent, although I'm still not sold on the combat when compared to the first game.

Rayman as part of the DLC is pretty cool but I'm not sure he still has the pulling power to sell season passes.

Wait, they remembered that Rayman exists!?

That's legit cool, and I don't even like most of the Rayman games!

I guess that's how he worms into the next Smash, as the new Mario rep.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Are there any decent pre-order bonuses for this game? It's out next week and not seen much. 

mariorabbidssparksofhopelaunchtrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Gets Launch Trailer

Now up on the main page.

Overview, and launch trailer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Are there any decent pre-order bonuses for this game? It's out next week and not seen much. 

There's a steelbook on the Nintendo site, also a competition to win an artbook, prints etc for 30 platinum points. Bit weird how there's no collector's edition but Ubisoft sells mini figurines like they did for the first game.

• Like 1

Did finally get round to pre-ordering the gold version yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it sometime this year...

Really excited for this, just one week to go. A little surprised it (might have) taken 5 years to make but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I'm mostly surprised/depressed it has been five years because it feels like two. I remember going to pick it up (mostly because I went to a CEX slightly out of route on the way to my friend's and then got the bus in the wrong direction) and it took me a while to realise.

Still, proved to be a good purchase on a whim. 

Getting great reviews as expected, 85 on MC atm. I've only read the IGN one so far and this sums it up

It’s bigger and better in nearly every way, with a more freeform and customizable take on combat and an almost completely rethought overworld that’s much less linear and absolutely packed with puzzles. The story’s all over the place and the Switch can’t always handle everything smoothly, but it’s a fantastic game that can be played as either an enjoyable cakewalk or a deep, demanding tactical challenge, all while maintaining its zany sense of humor.

And that's coming from Dan Stapleton, not exactly who you'd call a Nintendo fanboy over there.

Just watched the GameXplain one. The biggest issue they raised was the frame rate issues in certain sections (eg weather effects) but said it wasn't a huge problem

• Thanks 1

For anyone looking to pick this up Currys are offering 15% off both versions with the code SPARKS15 which makes it cheaper than Amazon

I'm not that fussed about spoilers but strolling through YouTube yesterday and someone posted a story spoiler in a video title and thumbnail. Then this morning saw the same person posted the ending (but at least not spoiled in title/thumbnail). 

Some people eh. It's not even out until tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm not that fussed about spoilers but strolling through YouTube yesterday and someone posted a story spoiler in a video title and thumbnail. Then this morning saw the same person posted the ending (but at least not spoiled in title/thumbnail). 

Some people eh. It's not even out until tomorrow. 

I absolutely hate that. It happens with most major releases these days. There is simply no reason to post a spoiler picture or spoiler title on a Youtube video other than to be a prick. I seen that they were starting to crop up over the weekend for this game. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this