NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

We totally heard about this for the first time at Ubisoft Forward :p

Team up with Mario, Rabbid Peach, and their friends on a mission to save the galaxy! Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, coming 2022 on Nintendo Switch.

Cursa, a mysterious and malevolent entity seeks out energy to further its nefarious plans, plunging the galaxy into chaos. Twisting the planets with its evil influence, it’s determined to consume all the energy of the Sparks, uncanny creatures formed by the fusion of Lumas & Rabbids, and destroy all who stand in its way. To bring order back to the galaxy and save the Sparks, Mario and friends team up with Rabbids heroes in a journey through mysterious and ever-surprising planets. 

Davide Soliani returns as director. 

Also the lack of a colon in the title is killing me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie, Rabbid Rosalina being unbelievably lazy and half-asleep is actually quite funny!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks outstanding.

Shame about the 2022 release date, but Covid I guess. 

PS: Rabbids-Luma may be simultaneously one of the cutest and most disturbing thing I've seen.

PPS: This'll be like Demon's Souls and everyone will call it Spark of Hope

PPPS: Fuck yes.

PPPPS: 

youtube.jpg

Mario + Rabbids, officially a bigger deal than Far Cry or Assassin's Creed :D

Ok last one: I just found out it was leaked by Nintendo ! I wasn't aware, thankfully just a nice surprise during the (otherwise pretty dull) Ubi show.

Edited by Ronnie

30 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Ok last one: I just found out it was leaked by Nintendo ! I wasn't aware, thankfully just a nice surprise during the (otherwise pretty dull) Ubi show.

Ha I was curious given your feelings towards the leak of the previous game.

Looking forward to it, but have they cut Yoshi?

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ha I was curious given your feelings towards the leak of the previous game.

Looking forward to it, but have they cut Yoshi?

This was obviously a mistake whereas the leak for Kingdom Battle was deliberate, just for internet points. Since then Emily Rogers doesn't seem to leak actual titles anymore.

The footage didn't show Rabbid Mario but he's on the key art, so they're probably holding some characters back. Dunno who the new purple/green character is supposed to be.

Yeah fair point. 

I do imagine there's more to come, just realised Yoshi is nowhere to be seen. Given he was in the first it would be strange to hide him. 

I presume the new character is an original one like the musical guy from the first. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Yoshi, but who knows.

The only thing that's a tad concerning is the battle mechanics seem to be a lot simpler from what they showed. That and their comment about wanting to make the game accessible to all. But if it's just early alpha footage, maybe that explains it.

So massively looking forward to this one. I happen to have re-installed Xcom2 2 days ago, so I'm all up for a new Xcom style game.

content-4-36517-mariorabbidssparksofhopebanner.jpg

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope is coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2022

Now up on the main page.

Full press release/fact sheet and video link. :smile:

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dunno why so many people think it looks "too good" for the current Switch.  It's not really any better looking visually than the first game (which was always a looker) and that's certainly running on the current Switch...

This is gonna be Monster Hunter Rise all over again :laughing:

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get it either. If anything the first game looks better. But their tweets got them noticed, so job done I suppose.

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Not gonna lie, Rabbid Rosalina being unbelievably lazy and half-asleep is actually quite funny!

Best part of the entire trailer! :laughing:

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Best part of the entire trailer! :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The original is by far one of my favourite Switch games so I can't wait for this!! It's a shame the reveal was dampened a bit by Nintendo just putting it on their website, it meant I found out about it in a random tweet which is a bit less hard hitting lol, but still, bring on 2022!! 

• Like 1

The world feels a lot more open in this game. Much as I loved Kingdom Battle the overworld was a bit claustrophobic.

The game looks absolutely amazing, can't wait for it to drop to half price!

The only bit that worries me is that the setting is a lot more out of the Mushroom Kingdom. I hope they still keep in plenty of cross-over characters and don't go all-out on new characters only.

• Haha 1

I've not watched it yet but Ubisoft put up an interview with the devs... 

Sign in to follow this