NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Death's Door

Wow, this game looks INCREDIBLE.

Combat looks great, animations top notch, beautiful visuals.

Xbox and Steam to start with, Summer 2021, so any day now?!

• Like 1

It looks superb. Instantly liked the look of it when it was announced a few months back and looks like we'll get that release date on Saturday during Devolver Digital's stream so yeah, looks like it isn't far away.

Really like the aesthetic of it and just hope it plays well but at the moment, I'm sold on what they've shown, more so after what was shown in the Day of the Devs stream.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

It looks superb. Instantly liked the look of it when it was announced a few months back and looks like we'll get that release date on Saturday during Devolver Digital's stream so yeah, looks like it isn't far away.

Really like the aesthetic of it and just hope it plays well but at the moment, I'm sold on what they've shown, more so after what was shown in the Day of the Devs stream.

First I've seen of it, blown away. And it was great to hear them call it a hand crafted adventure. I figured it'd be another procedurally generated game. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/06/2021 at 10:33 PM, Ganepark32 said:

looks like we'll get that release date on Saturday during Devolver Digital's stream so yeah, looks like it isn't far away.

Yep, we got that date there: July 20th. 

Game looks fantastic. Will definitely keep this at the back of my mind until I pick up an Xbox at some point. 

This was the gaming highlight of Devolver's conference. Looks really promising!

Shame it's not coming to Switch (yet), would've jumped on that.

Looks really solid, very Hades-esc.

I'm sure it'll be a very good game :hehe:

A slightly different trailer that was put out the other week showing some different boss battles footage and different areas:

Very excited for this, its genuinely become one of my most anticipated games for this year. The game just looks really good and I'm just hoping that the reviews confirm this, though I'm pretty much settled on picking it up as I'll be putting in a pre-order next week as there's a pre-order discount on the Xbox Store.

• Like 1

New trailer just released:

The music in that trailer is just beautiful. Really got me hyped up for playing the game. Supposedly the soundtrack has been inspired by games like Shadow of the Colossus and the game is somewhere in the 10 hour region, with the ability to play after the credits roll for unlocking secrets and such.

Out next week and hands on previews that have come out have been very positive so far. Looks like its going to be a good one. Got it pre-ordered myself, had enough Microsoft Rewards points to get a £5 voucher so ended being £9.22. Just can't wait to get my hands on it.

Game and reviews are out now. Reviews have been great, currently sitting at an 89 on Opencritic (top of their Hall of Fame for new releases for 2021) and an 87 on Metacritic.

Have played an hour and a bit so far and I have to agree with the review scores, its a lovely little game. Reminds me very much of Hyper Light Drifter, but crossed with the old school top down Zelda titles.

Can't wait to dig more into it as there have ready been areas where I can see secrets or I've come across a puzzle but I'm not sure how to complete it so the 100% completionist in me is itching to go back but yeah, it looks great, the combat is simple but effective, easy to use and its just a genuinely charming Zelda-like that's well worth your time from what I've played so far.

• Like 1

Started this yesterday, nearing the third big boss and I'm just not feeling it. Not sure why that is because these games are what I tend to enjoy most but it's not leaving a strong impression at all.

The combat is frustrating, the items you find meaningless, there's no map (wtf), and the gameplay is pretty repetitive after a while.

Nice music though, but otherwise, all a bit meh

On 21/01/2022 at 5:39 PM, Ronnie said:

Started this yesterday, nearing the third big boss and I'm just not feeling it. Not sure why that is because these games are what I tend to enjoy most but it's not leaving a strong impression at all.

The combat is frustrating, the items you find meaningless, there's no map (wtf), and the gameplay is pretty repetitive after a while.

Nice music though, but otherwise, all a bit meh

Have you tried Nobody Saves the World? Also on Xbox.

I don't have an Xbox but I heard it's meant to be good. A zelda-like roguelike in terms of combat and really nice presentation.

13 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Have you tried Nobody Saves the World? Also on Xbox.

I don't have an Xbox but I heard it's meant to be good. A zelda-like roguelike in terms of combat and really nice presentation.

Yeah been meaning to try it out, thanks. Guacamelee is amazing, so hopefully this should be good.

Gave up on Death's Door at the prior to last boss. Nah. 

Sign in to follow this