NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Direct | E3 2021 + Treehouse Live (15th June 2021 @ 17:00 BST)

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Nintendo won E3 about 15 minutes ago by the way, and there's still more :D

Says it all about what kind of E3 it's been. :hmm: 

I'm interested in Life Is Strange, SMT V, Mario + Rabbids, and curious about looking into Danganropa to see what it is. 

Takahashi and Koizumi have both said "one more thing" before. 

Cancelled each other out damn it! 

OK yes, 4/5, good amount of stuff to be excited about there, Dread being the best of them. BOTW2 - obviously slightly disappointed that it will be a repeat world, but on the plus side it look like they're making the game Skyward Sword should have been. Cant wait to see more.

Finally a Direct that got me interested!! 

Super Monkey Ball day one.

Mario Party day one. 

Metroid day one. 

Mario Golf day one. (Loved the look of all of the modes). 

Wario Ware day one. 

Bloody lovely. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really solid direct, I haven't watched much of the other E3 presentations this year but that was far and away the best yet, right?

Metroid Dread is finally happening, very excited about that, new Mario Party seems like what everyone was asking for from Super Mario Party, amazing that Warioware and Advance Wars are back in the spotlight too. 

Super happy that Life is Strange Remastered & True Colours are coming to the Switch (will probably be picking them up on both Switch and PS5). One of the games I'm most excited about from that direct was the Super Monkey Ball collection - I've been meaning to play through the first game again so this makes it very convenient to do so.

The Zelda announcements were okay, the Game and Watch looks cool but I doubt I would actually play it. Little disappointing that BOTW sequel is pushed into 2022 but it's understandable with such a big game and COVID has undeniably slowed things down. Have to admit I'm a bit gutted that it seems as if Zelda definitely won't be playable (and that we won't be exploring the underworld) but it looks like it has a better variety of mini bosses and dungeon challenges.

Not a bad showing. Metroid Dread coming back from 15 years in limbo is a hell of a surprise but the footage didn't really wow me, Advance Wars is great is you're a fan (I could never get into the games), Wario Ware is nice I suppose but nothing special and BOTW2 looked good.

By and large a standard Nintendo Direct with a couple of big names thrown in. Wasn't exactly wowed but there's variety there and good things coming so plenty to look forward to.

Curious about the lack of indies in the Direct though as they've always brought some with them to their E3 Direct.

That Game and Watch is a buy for me but beyond that, I'm not itching to get back to the Switch. Didn't think they'd show the new hardware here so not let down by that, expect that that may have been pushed back somewhat with chip shortages.

It's a shame some of their other classic franchises don't seem to be coming back. Wave Race and F Zero are crying out for a new entry and neither need a hook or gimmick as Miyamoto has said in the past.

As I say, a decent showing overall but I still think the showcases/streams that have focused on indie titles that have wowed me this E3.

Game and Watch marking 35 years of Zelda is reprehensible. No way I'm buying that garbage. 

• Haha 2

Can I just say, even if it is only 3 hours this year, I'm so glad we've rolled off a great Direct straight into Treehouse.

Seeing more of Dread and learning more about its development (and as someone who knew it only by name and that Samus suit) is great, and it just lets the hype continue, helps that it looks great for sure. This sort of thing is exactly what everyone else has missed this year. 

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

Really solid direct, I haven't watched much of the other E3 presentations this year but that was far and away the best yet, right?

Genuinely the best of the major shows by 20 minutes in after Warioware (agree with @Ganepark32 that some of the indie shows were excellent this year).

Not only that, but you get the sense they've held back on a lot too (no Pokémon, though I guess it could be at Treehouse; no Fire Emblem; barely any BotW sequel stuff and not even a title) which makes looking ahead exciting, but they basically filled out most of the second half of this year, thankfully. 

2 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Game and Watch marking 35 years of Zelda is reprehensible. No way I'm buying that garbage. 

"Entitled, never-happy internet gamer".

Is it safe to say that Bayonetta 3 is going through some kind of development hell? When the 18 rating appeared at the start of the Direct I figured we would be seeing it but here we are and it’s still a no show.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Is it safe to say that Bayonetta 3 is going through some kind of development hell? When the 18 rating appeared at the start of the Direct I figured we would be seeing it but here we are and it’s still a no show.

Give it MercurySteam and you'll see it in 2035. :laughing: 

What was worthy of the 18 rating anyway?

Metroid DREAD looks awesome! Love the quick transitions into cutscenes

Shame it's Audrey walking us through it

Edited by Ronnie

Just now, darksnowman said:

Give it MercurySteam and you'll see it in 2035. :laughing: 

I’m assuming it was for Fatal Frame. Speaking of which, another Wii U title makes its way to Switch. Nintendo are close to completely erasing the Wii U. :( 

That was great, even with the wet fart ending!

Metroid Dread was a legit shock!

Kinda surprised they went with Kazuma and not Heihachi as a Tekken rep for Smash. Unfortunately, being a Namco series, that kills Lloyd's chances.

All in for WarioWare Get it Together. And I'm SO glad that the Master Cycle is a DLC weapon for Age of Calamity! Even better that Zelda gets it! She continues to have the fun weapons!

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I really think it is. Three and a half years and nothing other than what we saw at The Game Awards in 2017, even if they only started then and we factor for COVID, that's potential 2.5 years of development time, I would have expected an update by now. Platinum have been going through a rough patch seemingly with other games too (getting booted off Granblue Fantasy, Babylon's Fall looks insanely rough), can't help but wonder what's going on over there. 

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Think H-o-T is right with Fatal Frame, but we also saw the Doom Eternal DLC too, and I believe that game's an 18. Don't know if they necessarily showed enough in the Direct itself to warrant that warning for that game, but imagine it just having that rating for the base game might be enough of a reason? 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I’m assuming it was for Fatal Frame. Speaking of which, another Wii U title makes its way to Switch. Nintendo are close to completely erasing the Wii U. :( 

Maybe Wii U hangers-onners will soon transition to Switch. :laughing: 

Not a game that I'm at all interested in playing but that new Guardians of the Galaxy game doesn't look like it would run at all well on the base Switch - could its announcement be the biggest indication yet that a Switch Pro is on the way in the next few months?

Really not keen on stealth mechanics being quite prominent in Dread, especially stealth mechanics with instant death as a punishment.

I hate stealth.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Really not keen on stealth mechanics being quite prominent in Dread, especially stealth mechanics with instant death as a punishment.

I hate stealth.

Yeah, seeing them is a little concerning. :hmm: