NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Direct | E3 2021 + Treehouse Live (15th June 2021 @ 17:00 BST)

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I get that this on the low end, but I don't think it takes that much effort just to just spoiler tag anything that leaks in the build up to E3, it takes 2 seconds and is helpful for people who want to go in spoiler free :peace:

Yeah, I agree. It isnt a problem here with that possibility but news outlets posting the information in headlines and such makes it hard to avoid. 

I’ve predominantly managed to avoid leaks so far, as you can probably tell by my predictions:

I sadly think the pandemic will still have had a massive affect on the state and numbers of games revealed and I expect very little on some of the big titles previously announced.

• Metroid 4 / Splatoon 3 = nothing

• Bayonetta 3 = a brief character shot to show “yes it’s still being made!”

• Zelda: BotW2 = a few seconds of non-gameplay trailer. 

And the gameplay:

• Mario Golf, No More Heroes 3, Pokémon Legends, Great Ace Attorney = lots of gameplay.

• Smash Bros character reveal = surely a certainty, but the surprise of who... I’m going with Professor Layton at the start, then concluding with Sora, which will also then lead to a final bonus slot of Mickey Mouse!

• New DK, Advance Wars & F-Zero.

• Zelda Oracle games, which will disappoint us all by being ports as opposed to using the new Link’s Awakening art style.

• Ring Fit Adventure 2 & Mario vs Rabbids 2 (not in the same game though!)

• The Mother logo, but teasing us by not revealing if it’s finally the Mother 3 port, Mother 4 or making us all worry it’ll simply be Earthbound 0... then revealing all will be coming to Switch!  I’ve gone too far into the world of unrealistic expectations now haven’t I....!? :heh:

Edited by WackerJr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kav said:

If you get even one of those, I'd call that a win.

All four is just lunacy!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you get even one of those, I'd call that a win.

All four is just lunacy!

To be fair, I am a lunatic.

I’m expecting just BotW2, but that’s my wish-list.

2 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

What’s bottom left?

Monolith Soft's new IP

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kav said:

I think Breath of the Wild sequel news is a lock. Please be a lock. I'll will its existence into a lock. 

Prime 4 I'm not too sure, because I feel whenever we get more Prime 4 news, we'll probably end up seeing Prime Trilogy news, and I don't think that's likely here? At the same time, I guess it is the 35th anniversary of the series this year, so it's possible that we end up with other news (like the next 2D Metroid) and maybe a 45 second long teaser for this? Just Samus exiting a brightly lit elevator into a dark tunnel, slowly making her way down; close up on the mask, we see her through the visor, it fogs up; reflection of a Metroid or maybe the glowing eyes of some other enemy, hard cut to black, fade in the Prime 4 logo and slam a full title on there.  2023. Boom, done. 

Would love news on MonolithSoft's new IP, I think it's absolutely time: let's not forget how much they've grown in size in the last few years and how quickly they churn their games out. Selfishly, having only played Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd love a new IP purely because I wouldn't feel inclined to check out Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in the immediate future if it were 3 (though I guess a remaster of X could get around that too). 

Forget the Switch Pro - I'd gladly take a white Switch! 

Anyone know of, or could link me to, a website that has good E3 summaries that I can catch up with? Something as minimal as a bullet point list of games shown in each video conference would be great.

I just checked what S-E showed.  Here's hoping there will be some juicy sclusies from them in the Nintendo Direct otherwise they've really screwed the pooch this year.. :shakehead 

47 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Anyone know of, or could link me to, a website that has good E3 summaries that I can catch up with? Something as minimal as a bullet point list of games shown in each video conference would be great.

Second that, having trouble keeping up.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

It's in alphabetical order rather than order of the shows, but PC Gamer have a running list of all the games we've seen this E3. Unfortunately it only seems to answer the question of whether it's coming to PC or not rather than listing all platforms, but all of the trailers are there for each game, so if anything catches your eye on there I guess you could scroll to the end to see the platforms it's coming to? 

EDIT: for something a bit more comprehensive, RockPaperShotgun have features on each of the events so far, including a breakdown of the announcements and some trailers:

Summer Game Fest

Ubisoft Forward

Guerrilla Collective Day 2

Xbox & Bethesda Showcase

Square Enix Presents

PC Gaming Show

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Julius said:

It's in alphabetical order rather than order of the shows, but PC Gamer have a running list of all the games we've seen this E3. Unfortunately it only seems to answer the question of whether it's coming to PC or not rather than listing all platforms, but all of the trailers are there for each game, so if anything catches your eye on there I guess you could scroll to the end to see the platforms it's coming to? 

Thanks for sharing that. Doesn't seem to be comprehensive but good to have it in my back pocket nonetheless.

Edit: I see you've gone to the bother of adding more links! Shall be perusing those this afternoon. :) 

Edited by darksnowman

Yeah. With all these different shows, it's hard to keep track of what games have been announced. Life was easier in the old days, huh? :D

It's a real shame gameplay demos + dev interviews with outlets like IGN don't seem to be a thing this year, for obvious reasons. That's a big appeal of E3 for me, seeing gameplay + having the devs talk us through it.

I guess Treehouse will be that tomorrow, surprised more publishers haven't copied the format by now. Actually EA does it too I think.

Edited by Ronnie

Don't know how complete this is, but E3Recap might be nice resource.

Edit: Just seen that Sable is listed as a PS4/5 release, but this has never been confirmed to my knowledge, so maybe that website isn't a good resource after all ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon
  • Confused 1

I’ll  still be working when this starts at 5 tomorrow, will be home about half an hour later so will really want to wait and find a link to the full thing after it’s finished. Would anyone be able to either PM me a link after the show here or better yet on our Discord. I fear that if I try to search for a link either here or just via google I’ll run into every spoiler before I even see it. 
I would really rather go into this spoiler free. 

6 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ll  still be working when this starts at 5 tomorrow, will be home about half an hour later so will really want to wait and find a link to the full thing after it’s finished. Would anyone be able to either PM me a link after the show here or better yet on our Discord. I fear that if I try to search for a link either here or just via google I’ll run into every spoiler before I even see it. 

No problem, I'll send you a link through Discord after I finish watching it. (And I suppose once it actually gets put up on YouTube)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

It should be on the Nintendo Youtube page for viewing as soon as the live broadcast finishes.

Not sure what your best option is to dodge spoilers on your way to the video. ::shrug: Maybe it will be available on the same link so you could keep this in a tab:

If you're stuck I will mail you a link in Animal Crossing. :D 

Edited by darksnowman
  • Thanks 1

This time tomorrow Nintendo’s event will be over. I’m praying they deliver the goods. E3 has been tripe and it needs a shot of Nintendo goodness. Give me some BOTW2 footage, the long rumoured Donkey Kong game, something from Monolithsoft and a new 2D Metroid. Save E3 for me....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2