Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Dragon Quest X Offline

2022 release in Japan... no western announcement yet.

It's almost certainly coming though

Dragon Quest X Producer Wants to Turn the MMO Into an Offline Game for the West

“Dragon Quest X has plenty of rich stories, and I want to make something to share it with others, including those overseas,” Miyake said.

Former Dragon Quest X producer Yosuke Saito echoed Miyake's comments. "We talk about an offline version here and there, but I don't think it's impossible. It'd be great if we could introduce it to customers."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the 2nd DQ game I've not played yet. I thought I'd never be able to! So I'm happy with this.

Now just give me I and II and I'm set!

That's kind of crazy. How are they going to turn an MMORPG into a single player game?

I wish they hadn't chibified the characters...

9 minutes ago, Magnus said:

I wish they hadn't chibified the characters...

I'm not gonna lie, unlike the Gen 4 Pokémon remakes, this art shift is weird because they already have 3D assets right there for reuse.

But honestly, it doesn't really bug me that much. I think it's cute.

50 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

unlike the Gen 4 Pokémon remakes...

...this actually looks passable? :p

I feel like this has to be coming to the West. I know Dragon Quest isn't as big over here as it is in Japan, but that looks like way too much effort to not just half-heartedly release it over here. 

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

...this actually looks passable? :p

tenor.gif

This is almost certainly coming out in the west, there's a reason why they bigged that stream up as the first time it was available in English.

Well this isn't what I expected when I saw the words Dragon Quest X Offline. DQX has some really good stories so looking forward to playing them in English. They didn't say it wasn't getting localised like they did with the Version 6 reveal.

More news out of TGS:

• the base game, which includes Awakening of the Five Tribes, releases 26th February 2022 in Japan. 

• some DLC will be coming to the game - on the DQ website amusingly referred to as "super-large expansion download content" - in line with the expansions released for the online version of DQ X. It's unclear if every expansion will be added from what I can find so far. The first expansion will be added in Spring 2022: The Sleeping Hero and the Guided Allies. 

• releasing on Switch, PS4/PS5 and PC (Steam). 

FAxe84tX0AkMMst?format=jpg&name=large

• retailing in three different SKU's: at ¥8,580 for the base game, with the DLC available separately for ¥4,400; ¥12,980 for the base game + DLC bundle; and at ¥15,370 for a super deluxe set, including some neat 35th anniversary merch. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this