NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CrowingJoe79

Spiral

I adore them. They're one of my favourite horror series. The first three are awesome and although the later Saw movies go against the principals and rules of the earlier ones, I still love them too. 

When I saw the trailer to this last year, I was so excited! Cinemas should be open to plan next week in the UK and I'm so eager to watch it! 

I happened to see it, but found it to be boring. By far the WORST one yet. And people thought Saw V was bad...

Like, other than to revive the franchise to make money, this wasn't needed. In fact, it only made about 8 million during the last weekend, so it didn't meet expectations. 

16 hours ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

I happened to see it, but found it to be boring. By far the WORST one yet. And people thought Saw V was bad...

Like, other than to revive the franchise to make money, this wasn't needed. In fact, it only made about 8 million during the last weekend, so it didn't meet expectations. 

I actually liked SAW V, haha. From best to worst, mine is:

SAW 2
SAW
SAW 3
Jigsaw
SAW 5
SAW 6
SAW 4
SAW: Final

I'm a bit disappointed in that because the star power behind it made me think it had potential. I mean, Samuel L Jackson!!!

In my opinion, Tobin Bell played John Kramer to perfection. This latest entry was just a cash grab. Like, I wasn't invested in any of these paper thin characters. Even the new Jigsaw voice is lame.

• Like 1

I've just seen it. It's definitely not the best. It doesn't even feel like part of the SAW franchise. 

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD! 

For me, it felt so slow. The problem it also had was the traps themselves were sort of unwinnable. For instance, all of them could've been beaten but it would've been very slim. That's not what John Kramer was about, that was more Hoffman's style. Which also brings me on to another point: how was there even no mention of Hoffman? I understand that Final Chapter was his sudden reveal but to not even mention he was still missing or something? Also, there was a picture of Obi and Kramer but not Lawrence Gordon or even Amanda, given their connection. Obi had very, very minimal interaction with Jigsaw.

I don't know how I feel about the film, honestly. I feel that Chris Rock did great but I actually genuinely guessed everything correctly within 10 minutes. Normally with the SAW films, I can kind of guess its ending but the execution of how it ends is normally shocking. The reveal was a bit flat for me too. It felt like it was trying to be Se7en a lot. I enjoyed it for what it was but if I was to give it a SAW ranking, it would probably be 5th or 6th out of 9.

Sign in to follow this