NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintenchris

Innovation and PSP in the same sentence....

.....Its just not possible

package_l.jpg

img10071697636.gif

and this one is just pushing it

img10071964170.jpeg

doghappylife_psp.jpg

Alright Sony arnt making these games thereselfs but the companys who are making them should feel ashamed of themselfs... not only can they not come up with an original game idea on there own (without stealing) they make it for a rival console!

Yeah it's OTHER companies and not Sony who are doing it. Hell Sony are coming up with some good stuff. It's just cheapo people who want to cash in.

Sega originally made brain trainers years ago didn't they? And Animal Crossing is kind of an imitation of Harvest Moon to some extent.

Games like Nintendogs originated from the whole Tamigochi(sp) fad, and Dogz on the PC years ago. If there's a market for it, then why not create these games for the psp platform.

Yeah it's OTHER companies and not Sony who are doing it. Hell Sony are coming up with some good stuff. It's just cheapo people who want to cash in.

Exactly.

So stop using everything you can get to take a cheap shot at Sony.

Weather or not the ideas for those games came around before nintendo released there versions, we can all see clearly that they are bringing them out now with intentions on cashing in on nintendos succsess.

Exactly.

So stop using everything you can get to take a cheap shot at Sony.

Clearly you never read my post because i said it wasnt sony who where making the games anyway! some one needs to go to Specsavers!

And mario114 i agree with you... there trying to ride on Nintendo success.

Oh... btw...

released in 1996:

jacket.php?l=slps00442b

Yeah but it wasnt a huge success with other companys trying to ride that succss like it is with Nintendogs and this new PSP Nintendogs wannabe

Still, the touch screen and micro are perfect for this kind of games.

Lets face it, not many people have a PSP. Most peoplebought Nintendogs because the bundles were affordable.

How many new gamers are going to ship out for a PSP, just for one game? I doubt many will. Especially if they've already got Nintendogs.

Clearly you never read my post because i said it wasnt sony who where making the games anyway! some one needs to go to Specsavers!

Surely then the name of the thread could have been something like "Havent we seen this somewhere before..?" or another witty comment that doesnt have to slyly include Sony in there someplace..? With Colin on this anyway, its all old news really. That dog IS adorable though. If they actually let them grow into adult dogs and not stay puppies in some crazy Neverland-esque manner then I would be sold.

________

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FORUM

Edited by Johelian

Im quoting this from the closed thread;

Yeah, but it's one thing to take an established game or genre and significantly improve it, like Nintendo did with Nintendogs (even though I highly doubt the idea for it came from Dogz ), rather than to take an idea, blatantly copy it and in the process make an inferior version just to cash in.

I love two assumptions here;

1) "Even though I highly doubt the idea for it came from Dogz". You might as well say these arent even connected - I mean, how do we know for sure? Perhaps some development team was hiding under a rock for several months and suddenly hit on the idea for making a dog sim. Come on. We cant assume one and not the other.

2) "An Inferior Version". Its not even out yet. How can you say its inferior? Love it.

________

Mercedes-benz slk-class history

Edited by Johelian

I kinda feel sorry for Sony in a way, getting slagged off for things they haven't even done. It's not like it never goes on, everyone copies a lot of peoples ideas, it's a quick way to cash in and that is what these companies are doing, Sony aren't going to deny them money.

There's no doubt that Nintendo got Wario Wares' idea from Bishi Bashi.

"An Inferior Version". Its not even out yet. How can you say its inferior? Love it.
Quite easily, I mean do you think playing Nintendogs without the stylus and mic would be fun?

Because let’s face it that’s what this PSP game will be, Nintendogs minus what made it so good in the first place.

And that is why I assume it will be inferior. :wink:

The way i see it, everyone takes ideas from something else somewhere down the line. You can't expect anything to be completely original, that's just something too big to ask for. In order to create amazing games, you have to take ideas and either improve on them or put your own spin on it.

I kinda feel sorry for Sony in a way, getting slagged off for things they haven't even done. It's not like it never goes on, everyone copies a lot of peoples ideas, it's a quick way to cash in and that is what these companies are doing, Sony aren't going to deny them money.

True, Sony don't develop these games, but it's not like the developers went to Sony with a finished game and ask them to publish it, they take the idea to Sony, who then give them the go-ahead (or not), so they're not entirely blameless.

Quite easily, I mean do you think playing Nintendogs without the stylus and mic would be fun?

Because let?s face it that?s what this PSP game will be, Nintendogs minus what made it so good in the first place.

And that is why I assume it will be inferior. :wink:

And I always thought that we should play a game before judging it. My eyes have been blown wide open! How foolish I have been!

________

EXTREME Q

Edited by Johelian

And I always thought that we should play a game before judging it. My eyes have been blown wide open! How foolish I have been!
Ok, once you play the game be sure to post your evaluation, I look forward to reading it and seeing how wrong I was in judging this game. :laughing:

But surely for you to do that you should play it yourself?

But whatever. Since you obviously have no intention of changing your view I dont think theres any point trying to reason on this occasion.

________

WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Edited by Johelian

It's not like you weren't using it to 'get at' the PSP.

It's not like you weren't using it to 'get at' the PSP.

Yeah but not every game has to be new and refreshing to be a good game... i was simply pointing out that these games and many others are trying to ride on the success of recent Nintendo hits like Nintendogs. Ok i admit i could have made a nicer title so it didnt seem like i was picking on the PSP but i didnt realy think about it when i wrote it. I promise i will think harder about my titles in future so people cant moan that im trying to pick on any console.

Oh and im sorry if in my opinon some of the new PSP games (that arent made by Sony) are just trying to capture the success of a DS title... its just the way i see it

Nintendo weren't the first company to release a brain training game btw.

Thats already been posted about.

The amount of power in PSP's could actualy make SonyDogs incredibly cute looking, but we cant actualy comment now because the game hasnt been completed i think.

Cube_Game is right, PSP and innovation shouldnt be in the same sentance, because PSP is classic video gaming. Which is kind of a winner because people dont like change, and is kind of a loser because people do like change.

PSP is starting to become innovative, isnt Metal Gear Acid 2 supposed to come with an add-on for PSP? I saw it, i think its suppose to make the game look 3D glasses like when using some weapons, i dont know.

Remember, aswell as Nintendo creating idea's, they've also copied some.

But in all honesty, i can agree with people saying this thread is a kinda cheap shot at Sony. Think it through next time Cube.

Sign in to follow this