NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Game Builder Garage

This looks so great! I'm massively interested - gimme that dedicated direct, Nintendo! 

content-4-36499-gamebuildergaragebanner.jpg

Game Builder Garage announced for Nintendo Switch, out on June 11th

Now up on the main page. :D

Full press release and video embed.  :peace:

- - - - -

Nobody - "We haven't had a new game announcement in a while..."

Nintendo - "Oh, here's this Game Maker software, it's out in a month, enjoy!"

Clearly Nintendo is expecting us all to make our own games now in the "droughts" between major game releases. ;)

Oh well, it's good to have options. :smile:

• Like 1

So they've basically taken the Game Maker part of Labo VR, fleshed it out, and spun it off as its own game?

Cool!

Edit:  USB mouse support!?

gw8D7oM.png

Well that's a first for Nintendo! (Ok, not talking about Mario Paint/Artist here, smart arse!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Well that's a first for Nintendo! (Ok, not talking about Mario Paint/Artist here, smart arse!)

SHVCMSBfront.jpg
:p 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

200.gif

Yep, I need this. :D

Knew you'd be all over this. First thing you need to do is make a new Wave Race. Maybe then @nekunando will shut up about it. :p 

• Haha 6

A game creation tool for the switch

uu9pmDP.gif

As if Dreams doesn’t take up all my spare time already.

• Like 2

Well I didn’t see this coming! The variety towards the end of the trailer really has me interested.  I guess ultimately how easy will this be & how much leniency will the player have to create their own game from it?  What age are they aiming this at?

Lots of questions, but I’m excited by this!

I see Europe isn’t getting a physical release of the game but everywhere else is. Granted, the game is far more suited to being a digital game but it still annoys me when we get screwed over like this.

• Weird 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I see Europe isn’t getting a physical release of the game but everywhere else is. Granted, the game is far more suited to being a digital game but it still annoys me when we get screwed over like this.

It’s really weird... normally it’s the US that gets screwed over!

In fact... I think this might well be the first time that we’ve actually missed out on a physical release compared to the US! (Aside from NES Remix Pack on Wii U)

If I recall correctly, Capcom had done it a few times in the past as well. 

But yeah, it's a weird decision. 

So, not long to go for this now. :grin: Who here at N-E is planning some game building?

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

So, not long to go for this now. :grin: Who here at N-E is planning some game building?

I got to Wario Ware DIY too late so I think I'll jump in on this early.. but I want to watch a few reviews first :hehe:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Oh I’ll be in fo sho! I’m sure I can come up with some dumb stuff :hehe:

• Like 1

Can't believe Nintendo stole our logo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1
  • Angry 1

Yeah, the localisation seems top-notch in this. :hehe: 

And the fact the ”N-E logo” Nodon is portrayed as a miserable old fart is bloody hilarious. :laughing: 

• Thanks 1

Would be interested to see what people think of this. Looking at game devs on Twitter the introductory tutorials are a slog (and doesn't actually teach anything).

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Would be interested to see what people think of this. Looking at game devs on Twitter the introductory tutorials are a slog (and doesn't actually teach anything).

Umm... Duh?

15 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Umm... Duh?

As in doesn't teach you anything about game development as a user, rather than they as individuals didn't learn anything. It was just rote repetition. 

• Thanks 1

I’d love to get this but I feel that I’d be bored of it within a few days. Kinda like Labo. I love the idea but I think I’m more interested in what other people are going to come up with (which will be way more interesting and amazing than what I would) than sticking to it to make stuff. And as it sounds like you might only be able to swap things with friends I don’t think I’ll get much out of it myself. 

I want to get a flavour of how much you can actually do with this before I dive in, so I'll wait to see some other user creations.

On 11/06/2021 at 3:31 PM, LazyBoy said:

I want to get a flavour of how much you can actually do with this before I dive in, so I'll wait to see some other user creations.

We've already peaked!

• Haha 2
  • Weird 5

Sign in to follow this