Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Nintendo films

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Actually, that could make a great base for an episode of Black Mirror. Don't think TPC would be on board for that though.

I'm always on board for documentaries, one on Pokémon Go and it's sudden explosion of popularity would be quite fascinating as well.

@DcubedGET IN HERE!

You could just point out that the already existing Pokemon MD OVA is WAY better than anything that has come out of the regular anime series...

Game.  Set.  Match.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Julius said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525f57af3f5efe4fbb3

Agreed, and it's such a shame.

I think the next step the industry could greatly benefit from is us knowing more about what goes on behind the scenes, whether that be documentaries shining a light on development (like Raising Kratos which we got for God of War) and the history of the industry, and more transparency over budgets and unit sales.

At the moment, what constitutes success to these companies is almost impossible to figure out, as evidenced by Jason Schreier's recent article on Sony Bend and how Metacritic is now seemingly a factor in what success looks like too. Managing expectations better knowing whether you're walking into something being primed as a blockbuster or a smaller release based on their budgets I feel would help, though on the other hand, I guess it could also just further the split between some in the gaming community.

At the same time, though, knowing more names and faces to associate with games can only be a good thing in my opinion. Even as someone who has been following gaming news for a few years now, I feel like I know so little about the people behind the games and what they have to go through. Anyone with a shred of empathy should be able to understand to some extent Jason Schreier's work on investigating crunch, but at the same time, it's easier to attach emotions to people than it is simply an article on the matter. Kind of surprised he hasn't tried to put an investigative video together now that I think about it. 

Plus, it's genuinely interesting stuff! 

Agreed...  but there's no way would we EVER get any sort of officially sanctioned documentary from a company as secretive as Nintendo... (I mean, did you SEE the ridiculously redacted document in the Epic vs Apple thread!?)

Closest we're ever getting to that is the Ask Iwata book (Speaking of which, not long to go until it actually gets released in Europe now; May 27th! :D)

Edited by Dcubed

If Nintendo are going to do any live action films, I want to see this:

SI_Wii_DistasterDayOfCrisis_image1600w.j

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cube said:

If Nintendo are going to do any live action films, I want to see this:

SI_Wii_DistasterDayOfCrisis_image1600w.j

But wait...

Disaster is literally taking every B-Disaster Movie cliché and rolling it into one ridiculous, over-the-top game.

You bring that to cinema and well, you just get another B-Disaster Movie.

God, I'd kill for a sequel to that game though.

Sign in to follow this