NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Nintendo films

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Actually, that could make a great base for an episode of Black Mirror. Don't think TPC would be on board for that though.

I'm always on board for documentaries, one on Pokémon Go and it's sudden explosion of popularity would be quite fascinating as well.

@DcubedGET IN HERE!

You could just point out that the already existing Pokemon MD OVA is WAY better than anything that has come out of the regular anime series...

Game.  Set.  Match.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Julius said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525f57af3f5efe4fbb3

Agreed, and it's such a shame.

I think the next step the industry could greatly benefit from is us knowing more about what goes on behind the scenes, whether that be documentaries shining a light on development (like Raising Kratos which we got for God of War) and the history of the industry, and more transparency over budgets and unit sales.

At the moment, what constitutes success to these companies is almost impossible to figure out, as evidenced by Jason Schreier's recent article on Sony Bend and how Metacritic is now seemingly a factor in what success looks like too. Managing expectations better knowing whether you're walking into something being primed as a blockbuster or a smaller release based on their budgets I feel would help, though on the other hand, I guess it could also just further the split between some in the gaming community.

At the same time, though, knowing more names and faces to associate with games can only be a good thing in my opinion. Even as someone who has been following gaming news for a few years now, I feel like I know so little about the people behind the games and what they have to go through. Anyone with a shred of empathy should be able to understand to some extent Jason Schreier's work on investigating crunch, but at the same time, it's easier to attach emotions to people than it is simply an article on the matter. Kind of surprised he hasn't tried to put an investigative video together now that I think about it. 

Plus, it's genuinely interesting stuff! 

Agreed...  but there's no way would we EVER get any sort of officially sanctioned documentary from a company as secretive as Nintendo... (I mean, did you SEE the ridiculously redacted document in the Epic vs Apple thread!?)

Closest we're ever getting to that is the Ask Iwata book (Speaking of which, not long to go until it actually gets released in Europe now; May 27th! :D)

Edited by Dcubed

If Nintendo are going to do any live action films, I want to see this:

SI_Wii_DistasterDayOfCrisis_image1600w.j

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cube said:

If Nintendo are going to do any live action films, I want to see this:

SI_Wii_DistasterDayOfCrisis_image1600w.j

But wait...

Disaster is literally taking every B-Disaster Movie cliché and rolling it into one ridiculous, over-the-top game.

You bring that to cinema and well, you just get another B-Disaster Movie.

God, I'd kill for a sequel to that game though.

further suggesting we'll be getting more films

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ashley said:

further suggesting we'll be getting more films

Speaking of Minions those films always make me think a Rabbids film would work like them. They both use a mumbling language and get up to mischief. I know they are not exclusively Nintendo but I love to see some Rabbids short films. 

52 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Speaking of Minions those films always make me think a Rabbids film would work like them. They both use a mumbling language and get up to mischief. I know they are not exclusively Nintendo but I love to see some Rabbids short films. 

Well Minions are basically a huge ripoff of the Rabbids, so... yeah.  It’s work really well.

55 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

There was a TV series based on the Rabbids some years back. 

9 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Well Minions are basically a huge ripoff of the Rabbids, so... yeah.  It’s work really well.

The problem with that is that to the uninitiated, Rabbids will be perceived as the rip-off.

I found out that Rosalina has the same problem with Elsa when I was bringing Smash Ultimate to the Community Centre.

Fuck off with Rabbids and Minions. I hope we'll never see them again in any way or form :nono:

• Haha 1

Not necessarily related to film and might be for a TV series, but Nintendo have just announced that they have acquired Dynamo Studios, Inc., who will be renamed Nintendo Pictures, and will find themselves responsible for planning and producing "visual content":

I've looked them up on Anime News Network, and it seems like they have a focus on CG productions, working on CG for films like Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Giovanni's Island, series such as Yuri on Ice!!!, and offering production assistance for projects such as Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero and Earwig and the Witch. They also have a history in gaming (I'd have to imagine relating to CG production again), working on the likes of Metroid: Other M, Persona 5 and Dark Souls III, to name a choice few. 

Curious to see what they'll be trusted with planning and churning out! 

Edited by Julius

They also worked on Metroid Other M. This means a sequel must be on the cards now, right? RIGHT? If only. :( 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They also worked on Metroid Other M. This means a sequel must be on the cards now, right? RIGHT? If only. :( 

Now the question is, would it Metroid: Another Other M, Metroid: Other Other M, or Metroid: Other M²? Or should that be Metroid: Other² M? :p

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If a miracle happens and they ever give the 3D action game style of Other M another chance, (Because there is a solid base there) I can guarantee the title and plot will have nothing to do with Other M.

Metroid isn't allowed to try plot anymore.

37 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Calling it now: all-new Pikmin shorts

Dynamo Pictures actually made the 3 Pikmin Shorts originally, so you may well not be far from the truth!

Good to see Nintendo getting serious about diversifying their business at last.

Edited by Dcubed

49 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Calling it now: all-new Pikmin shorts

Can't wait to see the Nintendo tweet next year saying "Pikmin - 4 shorts!", causing a brief moment of pandemonium before everyone just gets depressed again :laughing:

• Haha 3

Who did the Yoshi yarn shorts? 

Between that and the Pikmin ones it would be nice to see more stuff like that. Just little things to release online like the Pokemon shorts. 

I know it is Capcom and not Nintendo, but on the subject of IPs that could make for a good adaptation how about Zack and Wiki (as a Wii exclusive can it tenuously be counted? 😝).

Also how about a Zack and Wiki sequel for switch to go with it!

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Dwarf did them.  They’re the ones who do the animation for NHK’s mascot, Domo-Kun…

domo_kun.jpg
This dude

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Dwarf did them.  They’re the ones who do the animation for NHK’s mascot, Domo-Kun…

domo_kun.jpg
This dude

How dare you assume I don't know who Domo-Kun is 😋

• Weird 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Between that and the Pikmin ones it would be nice to see more stuff like that. Just little things to release online like the Pokemon shorts. 

Why did the Yoshi yarn shorts?

3 hours ago, Ealdst said:

I know it is Capcom and not Nintendo, but on the subject of IPs that could make for a good adaptation how about Zack and Wiki (as a Wii exclusive can it tenuously be counted? 😝).

Also how about a Zack and Wiki sequel for switch to go with it!

If only. I'm all ears if you've any Switch point-and-click recommendations.

3 hours ago, bob said:

This thread got me thinking about shorts.

Just hearing from Dominik Diamond that this thread is... trousers.

On 14/07/2022 at 3:49 PM, darksnowman said:

Why did the Yoshi yarn shorts?

As bob subtly implied, it's because they're comfy and easy to wear.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

As bob subtly implied, it's because they're comfy and easy to wear.

How did the Yoshi yarn shorts?

Sign in to follow this