NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Nintendo films

16 hours ago, darksnowman said:

How did the Yoshi yarn shorts?

Carefully. Amicably. Yoshingly.

Teaser trailer for the Pratt-ruined film on the 6th:

assume we'll probably get a trailer at Thanksgiving/Superbowl (November) if not before

• Like 1

You don’t often get trailers for a trailer! 😁 There’s so much intrigue and dread behind this first look.  4 days and counting… place your bets now: great or disastrous, I can’t see there being many opinions in between!

I think the saving grace behind this is that Shigeru Miyamoto (I'm sure he is) is so involved that surely he won't let this be a complete failure. I have hopes that it will surprise people, though I assume there will be a group of people that are gonna hate it no matter what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I bet it'll be completely mediocre. It is Illumination, after all.

Despicable Me 1 and 2 were actually rather fine movies and I have hopes that Goombas are inspired by Minions and actually be funny. 

I don't quite understand why Chris Pratt gets so much hate. Sure, he might not be the best actor but he has made absolutely fine movies. There is no reason that he shouldnt be able to perform well in this. 

I have seen teaser trailers that were 2 minutes long so I am optimistic that we will actually see something from the movie. About 1 minute, perhaps 1.5 minutes, I hope. 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

Modern day Nintendo would rather foot the bill and cancel the film than have it do damage to their treasured mascot. It won't be bad, at the very least.

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I don't quite understand why Chris Pratt gets so much hate. Sure, he might not be the best actor but he has made absolutely fine movies. There is no reason that he shouldnt be able to perform well in this. 

Acting wise he was good as Andy Dwyer but any serious role is just meh. Subject doesn't match the mood. Plus he's overused (not his fault I know) so it becomes exhausting, kind of like how Benedict Cumberbatch was years ago. 

Plus him supporting a church with shall we say questionable beliefs isn't great. 

On 02/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, MindFreak said:

I don't quite understand why Chris Pratt gets so much hate.

Well Kotaku has an article for you: https://kotaku.com/overwatch-2-player-different-version-invite-bug-fix-how-1849626123

But why do some people really hate that Pratt is the new Hollywood face of gaming’s number one mascot? Well, it probably has to do with the fact that he’s been accused of attending a church (Zoe Church) associated with anti-LGBTQ bigotry of another church it’s modeled after (Hillsong). Hillsong has been accused of engaging in gay conversion therapy, and its pastor has said the church doesn’t condone a “gay lifestyle."

This has become a common two-step for Pratt, with his wishy-washy remarks on some of the most pressing injustices of our time prompting people to try and get to the bottom of just exactly what his political views are.

And the article doesn't mention his Instagram post after his wife gave birth to his child which could have been read as a dig at his ex. Forget the exact wording but it was something like he's thankful she gave him a "perfect child", with his first child having some disability (that could just be very bad wording on his behalf, but after a pattern of shitty attitudes it just has a nasty sting to it). 

Agreed. The voices seemed alright, the looks and style were great. I had hoped for 30 seconds more, though, with a bit more humour (though the penguins were fun - who was the voice actor for the king penguin??)

Trailer: 

I see that it was actually 2:27 long so it was a long trailer but it just showed very little from the world. 

8 hours ago, MindFreak said:

(though the penguins were fun - who was the voice actor for the king penguin??)

Khary Payton is the voice actor for the penguin king.

Not particularly impressed with Chris Pratt's voice in it so far but everything else looks good.

Sign in to follow this