Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Epic VS Apple 3 - Fate of Two Worlds

On 05/05/2021 at 10:19 AM, Dcubed said:

Epic just released the Itch.io app on EGS last night... Yes, really.  A store within a store; that they're not taking commissions from.  Now I wonder why they would bother doing something so pointless and stup...

... oh.

Apple have thrown this back at Epic by pointing out that itch.io hosts games that have sexually explicit content and pointing out that because Epic themselves don't allow those kind of games, they're being hypocritical. Apple's lawyer referred to them as "Unspeakable games that can't even be shown in court"

Meanwhile, at itch.io.

• Haha 1

Ahh, nice morning! God I was busy yesterday, let's see what I missed from yesterda... OH GOD!

unknown.png?width=732&height=287

Ps "Moonshot" and "Unspeakable Games" are absolutely hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Meanwhile, at itch.io.

On 05/05/2021 at 2:19 PM, Ashley said:

Although shout out to itch for being the best store front

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You know, at least Epic are honest in that this case is for themselves, instead of lying and painting of as a problem for the consumers when it's all about lowering fees for companies.

12 minutes ago, Cube said:

You know, at least Epic are honest in that this case is for themselves, instead of lying and painting of as a problem for the consumers when it's all about lowering fees for companies.

They did try to present themselves as having the moral high ground in the beginning, the ones sticking by developers' rights, both big and small.

But once court proceedings start, they're under oath. If asked "Was that done for your company's benefit?", they have to say yes. If asked "Were you certain smaller/indie developers were on board with this action?", they have to say no.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's something a bit different... ... here's what we're NOT getting leaked out!

Nintendo's pricing with Epic may harm Sony you say?  Oooh...

Edited by Dcubed

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Nintendo's pricing with Epic may harm Sony you say?  Oooh...

I'm really confused at how that might be the case...

Posted (edited)

Economy is weird. The mere presence of information heavily shifts prices around. For example, if three competing gas stations are scattered through the same road, and aren't privy to each other's prices, they'll likely do their best to have prices as competitive as possible for their fuel... but if they all learn of each other's exact pricing for that week/month, then the cheapest one will see how underpriced they are, and raise their price to almost match the middle-priced one. The middle one will then notice their own status as second-cheapest has become pointless (no longer a significant selling point), and just decide to raise it. Then the cheapest one will, for the same reason, raise again to match the competitors. And thus, merely knowing how each other operates made everybody raise their prices.

So regarding this situation, all of this information becoming public is likely affecting how negotiations with developers, publishers, and other such partners will go from now on. It stands to reason that, if any more information were made public, then it could indeed harm Sony's long-term business prospects (just as it could harm Microsoft, Nintendo, Epic, Apple, or any given Indie looking to do business with them). Sony's likely looking to stabilize the ripple effect that this juicy info-dump is having on their gaming business.

(Do note that this is all conjecture, my knowledge of economics is very limited. But the gas station example is a real-life thing I've seen happen. Prices became public knowledge, and they suddenly sky-rocketed very quickly. I'm just assuming a similar principle is at play here)

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh?

Nintendo are up to their redacting shenanegans again... but this still gives us a hint that Nintendo & Microsoft are in negotiations regarding Game Pass on Switch!

Someone @ me when the Netflix docuseries drops please.

• Haha 1

On 04/05/2021 at 9:15 AM, Dcubed said:

Basically, Nintendo will not do business with you if you have direct ties with the Yakuza... which is a thing within the Japanese video game industry.

Saw on Twitter someone point out that Sega will release Yakuza on a "console no one has heard of" (that Amazon Luna thing) but not Switch and someone responded, seemingly earnestly, that it's because of this 🤦‍♂️

Posted (edited)

I received Fortnite spam. I posted it here, but I forgot we actually had a Fortnite thread, so I moved it there.

In short: like I said, I received mysterious Fortnite spam, not sure if I explicitly saved my address on my Epic account (I doubt it), and I don't appreciate it, so I'll be deleting it.

Edited by Sméagol

Sign in to follow this