Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (27th July 2021)

Posted (edited)

Finally!!! About damn time they announced this!! (This was in the Ransomware leak, for those that haven’t seen it).

At last! We’re finally getting these games in English!! :D 

And no, I’m not gonna stop gloating about being right about an official English localisation inevitably coming along eventually @Glen-i AAI2 WILL happen some day too ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

And no, I’m not gonna stop gloating about being right about an official English localisation inevitably coming along eventually @Glen-i AAI2 WILL happen some day too ;) 

No, it won't, if it was gonna happen, it would've done so before this.

Posted (edited)

We live in a world where these games made it to the west. Amazing. Before AAI2, at that!

I know I was feeling some burnout from the series, but... these two games were helmed by Shu Takumi. If anything's gonna restore my passion for the series, it's his direction. Looking very forward to this.

One of the characters in the trailer had a genuine Japanese accent, which is... unusual. In works like these, they either ignore the language barrier, or treat it in a very unrealistic manner (see: Petra's broken grammar in an otherwise perfect American accent). It's rare these days to see someone actually attempt a legit broken accent when dealing with real world languages, so... I'm curious to see how that's handled in-game!

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

No, it won't, if it was gonna happen, it would've done so before this.

NotSoFast!.PNG

rou-point(f).gif

Almost a good point... However, in Europe, this is the series that released the 4th game before the 3rd. There's precedent for shenanigans! With such a history of haphazard and disorganized releases, I posit that anything is on the table, even an AAI collection!

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah! You tell 'im Jonnas!

We're getting AAI2 eventually, but for now? Let's celebrate that we're finally, FINALLY getting GAA1&2 :D 

Finally! Famicom Detective Club in May then this in July.

Although why did they repeat themselves in the trailer?

Man, that box art looks really slick. 

11138922?$pdp$

Not as brightly coloured, but does the colour palette give anyone else a first impression of it looking a bit like Tokyo Mirage Sessions' cover? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Julius said:

11138922?$pdp$

Not as brightly coloured, but does the colour palette give anyone else a first impression of it looking a bit like Tokyo Mirage Sessions' cover? 

Yes, thought that almost immediately, repaint the white background with the greenish one TMS used and it'll look very similar.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Julius said:

11138922?$pdp$

It's weird seeing an Ace Attorney cover eschew the series' standard Character Portrait format.

NGL, this box art feels a bit generic.  It's got that typical anime Collage Of A Bunch Of Seperate Pose Profile Art Assets Slapped Together feel about it.  Not a fan.

Edited by Dcubed

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Physical confirmed for EU? Guessing no...

The original leak said that JPN & US would get a physical version; while EU is digital only...

Seems to be panning out exactly as planned sadly :( 

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

The original leak said that JPN & US would get a physical version; while EU is digital only...

Seems to be panning out exactly as planned sadly :( 

Booooo. Can’t be bothered to import so digital it is.

Sign in to follow this