NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Virtua Fighter x eSports

This was revealed last year at TGS, closing out SEGA's 60th Anniversary stream. 

Figured it deserved it's own thread as though I don't think it's totally clear what it actually is yet, it's been spotted on the Japanese PlayStation Store, so surely it can only be a matter of time before we hear more? 

I'd love for the series to make a comeback. The Saturn/PS2/PS3 versions of the game were great and often overshadowed by the likes of Soul Calibur and Tekken. I found the series to be far more difficult than either of the franchises I mentioned but also far more rewarding.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Saturn/PS2/PS3 versions of the game were great and often overshadowed by the likes of Soul Calibur

I wonder why.

Spoiler

soulcalibur-vi-ivy.jpg

:p

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I wonder why.

I really do wonder why... (Reveal hidden contents)

soulcalibur-vi-ivy.jpg

...the ancient European inspired architecture? I mean, who doesn't love a good pillar?

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 2

So from everything that's floating around right now; it's basically just a heavily stripped down port of Virtua Fighter 5?

Not very exciting if that's the case...

Official broadcast next week on 27th May at 12:00 BST. 

Next week is pretty packed between this, the PSO2 event on the 25th, Monster Hunter Rise on the 26th, and Dragon Quest's 35th anniversary stream on the 27th! 

Sign in to follow this