NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

PAC-MAN 99 (April 2021 - October 2023)

Available to Nintendo Switch Online users from April 7th!

Via IGN:

Pac-Man 99 features traditional Pac-Man gameplay with the added pressure of outlasting 98 other players. Ghosts are still present, as are Power Pellets, and eating one will send Ghosts to attack other players at Jammer Pac-Man. Bumping into one of the Jammers will slow you down and make it easier for a Ghost to catch up to you and end your run.

The key to victory in Pac-Man 99 is taking advantage of the Sleeping Ghosts. By chomping them, you will create a "Ghost Train" that will provide an all-you-can-eat buffet when you eat a Power Pellet. This allows your to overwhelm your opponents

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I've always been bad at Pac-man, so although I'll give it a try I already know what the outcome is going to be! Well, at least we know what we can expect from the Switch Online Service: very-old-game royale. First Tetris, then Mario, now Pac-Man. My money is on Pong 99 in a year.

So 99/35 is a series now? Perhaps it's a genre.  Perhaps we should call everything else a 99/35 Like now?

I propose the Numberwang Genre!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

My money is on Pong 99 in a year.

No, I think it'll be Space Invaders 99. Could actually work pretty well, though it doesn't have much of a history on Nintendo-consoles.

Sonic the Hedgehog 35 could be cool, I guess. 

I'm also not quite as good at Pac-Man as I am at Tetris so will probably never see that first place. 

Puyo Puyo 99 seems like the next logical one.

Or maybe Luftballons, 99.

Balloon Fight 99 would be interesting. And last about 7 seconds.

• Haha 1

I am a massive Pac-Man fan. I clocked about 150 hours on Pac-Man 256! This is something I could absolutely rot on for hours! I need to update my Nintendo Online when it comes out!

Does anyone know the cost of the DLC? They forgot to say in that trailer. Also I wonder if everyone needs the dlc to play against friends. 
I could probably get into this. 

content-4-36481-pacman99banner.jpg

Pac-Man 99 chomps onto the Switch, exclusively for Nintendo Switch Online members

Now up on the main page. :D

Check the article for the press release and trailer.

- - - - -

I am stupidly addicted to this!!

I'm not exaggerating! I was already addicted to Pac-man but this has really taken it to new levels. The only thing is that I wish it was easy to understand the power-ups and stuff but I guess that will come with time. Has anybody become the Pac-One yet?

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I am stupidly addicted to this!!

I'm not exaggerating! I was already addicted to Pac-man but this has really taken it to new levels. The only thing is that I wish it was easy to understand the power-ups and stuff but I guess that will come with time. Has anybody become the Pac-One yet?

Best I've managed is a top-20 finish. 

The game is really great. I've been enjoying it a lot. Like you said, power ups are a little confusing but that will come with time. Not quite as good for me as Tetris 99 but much, much better than Mario 35. Can see myself putting a lot of time into this!

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain how the power-ups work in layman terms. I can't understand what they do! 

"Stronger" seems to only make the ghosts vulnerable for the shortest amount of time but that's about all I've honestly noticed. 

It's fun to play but I can't help but feel like they could've made a tutorial for the power-ups or something. 

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain how the power-ups work in layman terms. I can't understand what they do! 

"Stronger" seems to only make the ghosts vulnerable for the shortest amount of time but that's about all I've honestly noticed. 

It's fun to play but I can't help but feel like they could've made a tutorial for the power-ups or something. 

All I’ve worked out is that Train makes the ghost train longer, when you run over them outlines of ghosts on the side and it adds a ghost to the main ghosts. I think speed is supposed to make you faster. 

uc?export=view&id=1WqZIhRxReAEwKbGSprnM4

Eat. Run. Survive.

Just grabbed the above screenshot. Free Mappy DLC incoming.

Comes from this where they play an advert at 1:50:20 for Pac-Man 99 followed by the news of the Mappy DLC right after at 1:53:00.

• Like 1

I hadn’t really tried it until that announcement.  I’ve had a few games over the past week and it’s good fun (even if I have no real idea what the power ups and ghost trains actually do!). A real shame it’s shutting down.

Sign in to follow this