NEurope
darksnowman

New Play Control!! for Wii feat. N-Europe

So I was half-watching, half-listening to this video after logging off for the day and getting some grub together. I nearly choked when I glimpsed this Mii out of the corner of my eye, which quite frankly, I'd recognise anywhere:

comments.JPG?psid=1&width=397&height=208

@Mokong @Vileplume2000 @matty_gibbon 

article.JPG?psid=1&width=399&height=208

@Tellyn

N-Europe has been cited in this video for Gamecube games that were upgraded (?) with motion controls for the Wii! The sites coverage for New Play Control! must have been killer for the search engine algorithm to have seen fit to shine some light on this corner of the Internet. :bowdown: N-E woz 'ere. 

Game Japan [10] Europe [8][11][12][13] North America [14][15][16] Australia [5][17][18][19][20]
Chibi-Robo! June 11, 2009 Unreleased
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat December 11, 2008 June 5, 2009 May 4, 2009 June 18, 2009
Mario Power Tennis [note 1] January 15, 2009 March 6, 2009 March 9, 2009 March 26, 2009
Metroid Prime [note 2] February 19, 2009 September 4, 2009[8] August 24, 2009 October 15, 2009
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes [note 2] June 11, 2009 September 4, 2009 August 24, 2009 October 15, 2009
Pikmin December 25, 2008 February 6, 2009 March 9, 2009 February 26, 2009
Pikmin 2 [note 3] March 12, 2009 April 24, 2009 June 10, 2012 May 14, 2009

Me, I only played Pikmin from this series (which I believe I got off you, @Hero-of-Time?) and it worked pretty well with the pointer. Hard to believe it took so long for them to get Pikmin 3 out the door since it seemed like they were gearing up to have it follow the New Play Control! release of the first two entries. Anyone got any lasting memories of these games from N-Es heyday? :cool: 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

The first article in the video was also N-Europe, written by Tphi (now one of the main writers at Eurogamer).

I don't think I played any of these, as the ones I wanted I had on GameCube.

• Like 1

Haha, I love it was my Mii that made you take notice :D

I imagine they were specifically looking for something like "Nintendo New Wii Play Europe", and the Europe tag specifically brought them here. But it's pretty rad to see it pop up!

Bugger, that was before my time. (N-Europe membership wise, I'm not that young!)

Heads up, guys. If you played Metroid Prime Trilogy, then you've played the New Play Control! versions of the Metroid Prime games.

Edited by Glen-i

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Bugger, that was before my time. (N-Europe membership wise, I'm not that young!)

Heads up, guys. If you played Metroid Prime Trilogy, then you've played the New Play Control! versions of the Metroid Prime games.

Yeah, and the NPC! Metroid Prime games didn’t even release overhere, just like Chibi Robo didn’t.

I have NPC! Jungle Beat, Power Tennis, Pikmin and Pikmin 2. Just bought them to complete my first party Wii games collection as I already played those on NGC back in the day.

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Good point, I've played about an hour of a New Play Control game then!

18 hours ago, markderoos said:

Yeah, and the NPC! Metroid Prime games didn’t even release overhere, just like Chibi Robo didn’t.

We definitely got the better deal with the Metroid Prime releases.  Shame we didn't get Chibi Robo though (but that's far from the biggest loss in the world to not get the Wii version I suppose).

I have NPC! Jungle Beat, Power Tennis, Pikmin and Pikmin 2. Just bought them to complete my first party Wii games collection as I already played those on NGC back in the day.

You poor soul... I hope you've at least got the far superior GCN original with the DK Bongos!

Edited by Dcubed

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

You poor soul... I hope you've at least got the far superior GCN original with the DK Bongos!

Of course I do, great game! I even have four sets of Bongo’s for multiplayer Donky Konga 1 and 2. Part 3 not coming to Europe is a bigger shame than no NPC! Chibi-Robo localization!

• Thanks 1