NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

The Circle TV show

13 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm betting Syed or Andy to win!

I really hope so! They've been great from the start and Andy's or Syed's speech was brilliant. Honestly, most of them were but I liked theirs and Manrika's. Who do you think Andy's gone to see? I think it'll be Alice...but at this point of the game, considering nobody will know until the very end, Manrika might be the way to go but I think his conscience would kick in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

I really hope so! They've been great from the start and Andy's or Syed's speech was brilliant. Honestly, most of them were but I liked theirs and Manrika's. Who do you think Andy's gone to see? I think it'll be Alice...but at this point of the game, considering nobody will know until the very end, Manrika might be the way to go but I think his conscience would kick in.

Although it would be a twist for him to see Manrika, I don't think he has it in him to do it. And the thing is, when everyone meets and sees who is really who, who is going to choose one of the catfish to take the money.

Even though she's real, Manrika's story means nothing to me. Sad yes, but we know she's got a presence online and the whole "oh this is the only way I can help my mum with money" feels so false.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Although it would be a twist for him to see Manrika, I don't think he has it in him to do it. And the thing is, when everyone meets and sees who is really who, who is going to choose one of the catfish to take the money.

Even though she's real, Manrika's story means nothing to me. Sad yes, but we know she's got a presence online and the whole "oh this is the only way I can help my mum with money" feels so false.

Agree with you on the Manrika story, I'm sure it has been hard for her but we've all had hardships in life. I think what rubs me up the wrong way the most is her fake crying, how many times did she 'cry' that episode with no tears - It's like fine, play the other contestants if you have to but don't try to play us and the cameras too, we aint simping like our boy Syed and can see right through it!

and @Beast I think that would an amazing twist if Andy blocked her :laughing: But I highly doubt he would, he's too nice and too genuine. Now if it was Manrika in that position? I'm pretty certain Andy would be a gonner. As it is though it's pretty clear it's gonna be one of the newbies and most likely Alice at that, which is why I think it's kinda pointless bringing new people in this late as it basically makes the last blocking a free pass to kill the outsider and not have to make an actual hard or impactful decision. 

As for Alice, totally agree with what you said earlier, just there to stir shit up and doesn't have much of a personality. Something feels off about him too, maybe it's just that he's trying to hard but he really gives me bad vibes even without taking into consideration all of his dick moves. 

Anyway here goes, I'm actually gonna watch it live for tonights finale! Bring on the endless ad breaks! 

I saw this great post on Reddit which sums up my feelings on Andy's 'speech' :laughing:

So there’s two doors. One leads to fear, pain and loneliness, or something, and the other opens to a mountain?! First of all, that’s a terrible place to put a door. Then if you climb the mountain (assuming you didn’t choose the fear door), and manage to make it to the top, what do you get? Two more fucking doors! With the same option, only now you’re not alone? So what, there’s another mountain to climb? What kind of a Greek afterlife punishment is this? Sounds like words of wisdom from Yoda after he’s had too many Percodan. “Door leads to fear, fear leads to mountain, mountain leads to door.”

He’s a nice guy, and I’d be happy for him if he wins, but this reeks of nonsensical mixed-metaphor business jargon, the kind that sounds smart in the moment, as long as you don’t think about it afterwards. Like he’s accidentally combined in his head a Tim Ferris analogy with something he read off a motivational poster. It works in the edit because they put inspirational music underneath it.

Edited by Josh64

IT'S HAPPENING! MANRIKA IS ABOUT TO MEET FELIX SOON! I'm more excited for that than the final, not gonna lie! 😂 

Andy or Syed to win, hopefully! 

• Like 1

WHAT THE BLOODY!!

Spoiler

NATALYA/FELX GET IT GIRL! So happy for her and man did she play the game! Not only did she come in late but she won as a catfish and by pretending to be the boyfriend of one of the biggest players in the game - add to that the tie breaker at the end meant that Manrika tactically rating him first is what pushed it over the edge to him winning! :laughing:

It's a shame Syed didn't get higher but they all did great. Smashing end! 

Felt like the episode could have been longer or a two parter though. Would have loved to see some best bits shown to the finalists and some snaking events played back, also seemed a bit pointless having the old players back when they didn't really get time to talk to them at all. 

9 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

WHAT THE BLOODY!!

result spoilers inside (Hide contents)

NATALYA/FELX GET IT GIRL! So happy for her and man did she play the game! Not only did she come in late but she won as a catfish and by pretending to be the boyfriend of one of the biggest players in the game - add to that the tie breaker at the end meant that Manrika tactically rating him first is what pushed it over the edge to him winning! :laughing:

It's a shame Syed didn't get higher but they all did great. Smashing end! 

Felt like the episode could have been longer or a two parter though. Would have loved to see some best bits shown to the finalists and some snaking events played back, also seemed a bit pointless having the old players back when they didn't really get time to talk to them at all. 

Exactly. I feel the same! Maybe there could be another episode or something? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

Exactly. I feel the same! Maybe there could be another episode or something? 

I hope so but they have been kinda weird in general with how they dish out content this year - like their reveal reactions being twitter exclusive videos or that official podcast which, while good from a psychology and chat perspective, barely mentions any events or characters from the show itself. 

Winner not who I expected, but better than Manrika!

Just starting the US one, weird how they've brought them over to the UK flats, not their usual NSA apartments...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Winner not who I expected, but better than Manrika!

Just starting the US one, weird how they've brought them over to the UK flats, not their usual NSA apartments...

That is weird! I'll start it tomorrow or Sunday to carry on the watch-along with you guys 

55 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

That is weird! I'll start it tomorrow or Sunday to carry on the watch-along with you guys 

Wife and I have been keeping an eye out. Identical external shots, identical UK flats, but you know how US engineering can be - emulation to the max. But the UK plug sockets have revealed the TRUTH. 

Dunno if later seasons went more domestic as they trialled it on foreign ground.

10 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Wife and I have been keeping an eye out. Identical external shots, identical UK flats, but you know how US engineering can be - emulation to the max. But the UK plug sockets have revealed the TRUTH. 

Dunno if later seasons went more domestic as they trialled it on foreign ground.

They are the same flats all the time, apparently. I adored the reaction of Snakerika and Felix. She is so fucked off but hiding it and I was here for every second, haha. 

11 hours ago, Beast said:

They are the same flats all the time, apparently. I adored the reaction of Snakerika and Felix. She is so fucked off but hiding it and I was here for every second, haha. 

A couple of episodes in, the amount of "el oh el"s etc is truly infuriating. But I hope it'll bring to the masses that people don't actually laugh out loud and they look fucking stupid when they do it.

I've really struggled to get into the US season, not sure if it's the characters or if i'm just a bit burnt out on the concept giving the whirlwind that was UK season 3 so I'm gonna give it a few weeks before I dive back in. Have you guys got yourselves in deep or nay?

16 hours ago, Josh64 said:

I've really struggled to get into the US season, not sure if it's the characters or if i'm just a bit burnt out on the concept giving the whirlwind that was UK season 3 so I'm gonna give it a few weeks before I dive back in. Have you guys got yourselves in deep or nay?

Wife and I have gone through the first season and now caught up to the second, awaiting the next batch. They're shorter than our seasons so there isn't much "twists" per se, but means there's less people that come in and get shafted out in favour of the original crew.

Give it a week and come back to it.

On 20/04/2021 at 8:21 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Well, that's my application sent, @Beast @Josh64, come join me and we'll have our own N-E Massive alliance

Oh my God! This is so awesome!! Drop subtle hints and mention us somehow, haha. 

On 20/04/2021 at 8:21 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Well, that's my application sent, @Beast @Josh64, come join me and we'll have our own N-E Massive alliance

Yes!! Here's hoping you get on!! It's probably one of the few reality shows I think I could maybe handle, but I would still feel awkward using the bathroom knowing they have cameras there hahaha. 

Let's say you did get into the show but you HAD to be a catfish, what would your catfish identity be? This is aimed at both of you! I need to mull it over, but I'd want it to be a demographic I know a lot about so I don't end up being bland and basic which is the trap so many catfish fall into. 

7 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Yes!! Here's hoping you get on!! It's probably one of the few reality shows I think I could maybe handle, but I would still feel awkward using the bathroom knowing they have cameras there hahaha. 

Let's say you did get into the show but you HAD to be a catfish, what would your catfish identity be? This is aimed at both of you! I need to mull it over, but I'd want it to be a demographic I know a lot about so I don't end up being bland and basic which is the trap so many catfish fall into. 

Well I've seen a lot of Catfish TV show recently, so I think I could pull off a chubby black woman, as it seems to make up 90% of their culprits.

Joking aside, I would have to pick some sort of geek gamer girl, I have a friend who would do perfect as she is great on the eyes and will catch the other players, and best lies are grown on truth, so if I can just chat the same shit that I know about, just a different gender = Powah.

Just so long as no period chat comes up (see US show for details)

On 28/04/2021 at 12:19 PM, Josh64 said:

On 28/04/2021 at 8:01 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Well I've seen a lot of Catfish TV show recently, so I think I could pull off a chubby black woman, as it seems to make up 90% of their culprits.

Joking aside, I would have to pick some sort of geek gamer girl, I have a friend who would do perfect as she is great on the eyes and will catch the other players, and best lies are grown on truth, so if I can just chat the same shit that I know about, just a different gender = Powah.

Just so long as no period chat comes up (see US show for details)

Interestingly, I'd do the same thing but with a male. My friend is a good-looking bloke and could easily pull if he wanted to but he's a disastrous flirt...but I'm not. He's geeky and clever and has been hit on quite a few times but can't flirt to save his life. However, I have a bit of a flirty personality and I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to films and games too so I'd probably flirt my way through it, have a bit of a laugh and that.

If I went in as a woman, I'd definitely be fine with any "female chats" because most of my mates have been female and I used to work for a health store (and now training to be a PT) where we had to study and talk about the menstrual cycle. 

However, if I was to go in, I'd probably be myself.

====

I still need to watch the US version of the show! I started watching Big Brother Australia (which is 10x better than ours if you're a fan of Big Brother, by the way). Is US Circle any good? I bet you all miss the "TOOONAAAAAAAAIIT!" haha.

On 30/04/2021 at 8:41 AM, Beast said:

====

I still need to watch the US version of the show! I started watching Big Brother Australia (which is 10x better than ours if you're a fan of Big Brother, by the way). Is US Circle any good? I bet you all miss the "TOOONAAAAAAAAIIT!" haha.

How dare you speak ill of the dead :cry:Ours was incredibly hit and miss depending on the season but I loved the final season, which was like 2 or 3 years ago now! How are you watching Aussie BB, my bb? 

If I had to be a catfish I feel like I'd want to be a 50-something cougar. I have this older white woman just waiting to burst out from inside of me so I think I might be able to pull it off, ayooooo

On 5/3/2021 at 6:19 PM, Josh64 said:

How dare you speak ill of the dead :cry:Ours was incredibly hit and miss depending on the season but I loved the final season, which was like 2 or 3 years ago now! How are you watching Aussie BB, my bb? 

If I had to be a catfish I feel like I'd want to be a 50-something cougar. I have this older white woman just waiting to burst out from inside of me so I think I might be able to pull it off, ayooooo

They were on YouTube but they got removed! As soon as I have found a way, I'll tell you. Its been so good!! 

Also, guys...did you hear that The Circle has now been cancelled?! WTF! 😔 

4 hours ago, Beast said:

They were on YouTube but they got removed! As soon as I have found a way, I'll tell you. Its been so good!! 

Also, guys...did you hear that The Circle has now been cancelled?! WTF! 😔 

Wow that's a shock, on the article I read they didn't give a reason. AFAIK viewing figures improved gradually over time

Sign in to follow this