NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

The Circle TV show

3635f8d8-eb99-4d41-87ba-dbf38558d8d7-the

The Circle is a British reality television game show and the original version of The Circle franchise. Produced by Studio Lambert and Motion Content Group and airing on Channel 4 The Circle, the show bills itself as a game based around social media, with the concept that "anyone can be anyone in The Circle". Throughout the show, contestants live in the same apartment building but are never allowed to meet. The show is narrated by Sophie Willan, whilst the first and last episode of the first series were hosted by Maya Jama and Alice Levine (later replaced by Emma Willis from the second series onwards). The show has been compared to Big Brother and Catfish in format, as well as Black Mirror episode "Nosedive" with the concept of having to rate other people.

Circle Message: Season 3 is currently airing on Channel 4 and All4! There will be a new season of the American version soon on Netflix! Circle Chat is now OPEN!

Edited by Josh64

@Beast says:

Circle, message: Oh my Gosh, Snakerika is at it again and now she's targeting Andy, who was supposed to be her "circle sibling"??? Notice how she's given Femi and Pippa the death kiss with "got your back 100%" message? 😂 I think Syed will be in her crosshairs too after the whole strategic comment. Also, I don't like Femi either. He's very angry over the smallest things. How's Snakerika gonna sit there and say Vithun snaked her when she drew a snake for Gemma AND snaked Tally??? I swear these people have short memories! At this point, I don't mind who wins as long as its not Femi or Manrika. 

Also, I need to see that video! I saw the start of it and was absolutely shocked! I wonder if he was treated that way because he was a catfish?... Also, did you know after this series finishes, the US version starts on Netflix?! #CircleAddict! I'll chat soon with you when you have caught up! Grin emoji, clap emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

I think after all this time Syed might finally be seeing her sneaky side, now that his simp glasses are off. And I felt so bad for Vithun honestly! I feel like he got done over and deserved more screen time! I will certainly start the US show on Netflix if you get on it too, I hope the US characters arent too OTT :laughing:

Speaking of Vithun, The Circle posted a great video of him seeing the reveals, he was already on to Felix!

3 hours ago, Josh64 said:

I think after all this time Syed might finally be seeing her sneaky side, now that his simp glasses are off. And I felt so bad for Vithun honestly! I feel like he got done over and deserved more screen time! I will certainly start the US show on Netflix if you get on it too, I hope the US characters arent too OTT :laughing:

Speaking of Vithun, The Circle posted a great video of him seeing the reveals, he was already on to Felix!

No way! That's mad! See, it's crazy because he wasn't surprised when it come to his reaction to Felix! 

Also, me to Andy now Manrika is snaking him:

https://ibb.co/nm2xvhk

EDIT: The picture won't show for some reason :(

Edited by Beast

Fucking love The Circle, gave it about a week so we could plow through it at a steady rate, but have gotten eyes bigger than belly and caught up in no time.

The Hunter beatdown of Manrika was great, who I hope loses, the constant "I've got your back" bollocks. which was cemented with when she fucked Tally over by saying "A bloke is never going to get between us" then votes Tally down because she thinks she'll let "Felix" go, and to see her face when she sees Feliix has a better rack than she does... will be gold.

Half-applied to be on it after second season, will try and do a full job for applying for the fourth.

@Josh64 - I feels you about the US one, waiting for this one to end before delving in (been on my list for months), but I hope that they've not tried to make the format too sensationalised, as the Yanks are wont to do.

I really wish the narrator would tone it down a bit though, she's ok with her Come Dine With Me style quips throughout, but it's when she's shouting at the mic at the beginning like she's got the gravitas of the Britain's Got Talent dude, I wish he/or Red Pepper or someone would cut in and say "Biiiiitttch, calm yo' ass down"

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Fucking love The Circle, gave it about a week so we could plow through it at a steady rate, but have gotten eyes bigger than belly and caught up in no time.

The Hunter beatdown of Manrika was great, who I hope loses, the constant "I've got your back" bollocks. which was cemented with when she fucked Tally over by saying "A bloke is never going to get between us" then votes Tally down because she thinks she'll let "Felix" go, and to see her face when she sees Feliix has a better rack than she does... will be gold.

Half-applied to be on it after second season, will try and do a full job for applying for the fourth.

@Josh64 - I feels you about the US one, waiting for this one to end before delving in (been on my list for months), but I hope that they've not tried to make the format too sensationalised, as the Yanks are wont to do.

I really wish the narrator would tone it down a bit though, she's ok with her Come Dine With Me style quips throughout, but it's when she's shouting at the mic at the beginning like she's got the gravitas of the Britain's Got Talent dude, I wish he/or Red Pepper or someone would cut in and say "Biiiiitttch, calm yo' ass down"

"Circle, please take me to Newbie Chat"

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Welcome to the #NECircleChat! We are all Circle Siblings here and we have your back! 😂🗡 

I think @Josh64 and I kind of dominated the TV thread for days talking about The Circle, haha.

Snakerika is nasty but it was satisfying to see Hunter throw down like that! @Josh64 linked a video of an interview with Hunter about the Circle and its interesting because he spills about what goes on behind the scenes and stuff. It might be something to consider if you apply (which is something I've considered). As I said in the TV thread, it's not so much Snakerika's chats with the contestants but it's what she says "offline" that puts me right off. Like you say, I can't wait for the Felix reveal! As well as Manrika, I don't like Femi either. He seems too aggressive over the most mundane things. Pippa seems like a chilled out Tally but like Tally, she's getting caught up with the wrong people. I really want Syed or Andy to win. 

Josh and I were big Vithun fans and felt he got totally played! I get he was quiet but Manrika voting him off because "he snaked her" genuinely had me laughing after all the shady shit she pulled. Also, has anybody noticed that she's now gunned after her "geezer girls" and now her "circle siblings". She's making groups, gains their trust and then annihilates them. It's well shady! 

The Circle US is on its second season. The first season was in the same building as our one but I think its in a different location for its second season. 

14 hours ago, Josh64 said:

I will certainly start the US show on Netflix if you get on it too, I hope the US characters arent too OTT :laughing:

Hell YES! I need my Circle fix. It's the only thing that's helped me this lockdown, honestly! 😂 

50 minutes ago, Beast said:

Josh and I were big Vithun fans and felt he got totally played! I

Really? Missus and I couldn't stand him, he did fuck all and was so bland. Apart from that agony aunt anonymous message he's done literally nothing. We hoped he could've gone sooner.

Just watched that reveal room thing, pretending he knew who several of the catfishes were, yet did absolutely fuck all about it. 

I think Femi may be next to go, that Gladiators slip up has cost him.

When Syed/Hashu launches into the accent I love it every time.

[I've not read anything in the TV thread]

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

It could be that Vithun didn't do much/was more boring than the others but with the entire season being pre-recorded this time it feels like perhaps the edit has been swayed in favour of big storylines now that they don't have to edit things on a day to day basis, so he got reduced to barely any screen time. I say this because the few times we did get to see him he either seemed really sweet or pretty funny, even if his anonymous mode shenanigans could be seen as snakey. 

As for Femi, it seems they've either forgiven him or just forgot about the Gladiator thing for now because they didn't mention that or the fact he's a potential catfish for the entire of the latest episode! I agree with @Beast though, he seems to get mad pretty easily but it's still early days for him, I haven't wrote him off yet!

It was interesting to see Manrika completely turn on Andy in the space of one episode :laughing: The fact she has new 'allies' in the form of the two newbies is bad news for them! They will be next on the chopping block now that she's got their back!

9 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

It really pissed me off initially too but I swear she is doing it on purpose now. Last night's "TONIGHTTTT" basically muffled the mic, she must be self aware and taking the piss. I think on the final episode she'll just go "TONI-----" followed by a loud pitched noise and a scrambled image. 

9.jpg

• Like 1

I'm so looking forward to tonight's episode!

I get what you're saying, @EEVILMURRAY regarding Vithun. He was quite quiet but I guess that could happen because of the big characters in the game. I think even the Tory dad/daughter combo (Penny) was a bit more outspoken even if they were bloody bland!

I don't mind the quick quips but like you and @Josh64 have pointed out, it's the parts where she shouts! "TONIIIIIGHT!"...bitch, no need to hype me up this way, I'm already living for the next episode! haha. I just really hope Snakerika doesn't win!!!

I really hope Andy and the others realise quick!

Ey-ADNn2-WUAcj-Sni

Edited by Beast

Right, as I'm doing this on the phone I won't be able to quote each thing sadly.

I have zero doubt that footage of Vithun is lacking is because he was a dull character, even when seeing his notes you can see he'd done random accountancy numerical bullshit, and all they ever deemed worthy of broadcasting was him failing at rainbow Jenga.

I didn't originally think that Femi got "mad", more of just being a mardy bitch, but seeing him tonight I could definitely see where you guys were coming from.

It's not hype Beast, just annoying winky face emoji, it's that she cannot do it with her voice and accent, seeing "Battle lines are drawn", and then her unnecessarily shouting BATTLE LAINES AH DRAAHN ruins any sense of anticipation.

Nice to see Femi go, sad to see Pippa, fisting that hashtag triple threat (I didn’t mind GeezerGals Beast, it was ScholarSquad on previous season which irked me!)  But as they were so tight with Manrika, will the vicar reveal his true identity with her?

Just now, EEVILMURRAY said:

Right, as I'm doing this on the phone I won't be able to quote each thing sadly.

I have zero doubt that footage of Vithun is lacking is because he was a dull character, even when seeing his notes you can see he'd done random accountancy numerical bullshit, and all they ever deemed worthy of broadcasting was him failing at rainbow Jenga.

I didn't originally think that Femi got "mad", more of just being a mardy bitch, but seeing him tonight I could definitely see where you guys were coming from.

It's not hype Beast, just annoying winky face emoji, it's that she cannot do it with her voice and accent, seeing "Battle lines are drawn", and then her unnecessarily shouting BATTLE LAINES AH DRAAHN ruins any sense of anticipation.

Nice to see Femi go, sad to see Pippa, fisting that hashtag triple threat (I didn’t mind GeezerGals Beast, it was ScholarSquad on previous season which irked me!)  But as they were so tight with Manrika, will the vicar reveal his true identity with her?

I kind of understand that, to be honest. It just felt like Vithun wasn't there for the money but more there to make friends. I wouldn't believe that about anyone else but him. I was sad to see Billy go but unfortunately he did the same thing. I never understood the Billy thing when Gemma bullshitted about Billy making blunders about football? Like, why didn't Andy or Syed ask him footie questions before the Ratings?!

Femi is the worst. He comes off as the type of guy who would be angry at everything and wouldn't be able to take constructive criticism and tonight's task with the bitchy book had shown a very ugly side to him. However it was made better when he still thought that Manrika would be on his side.

She's quite annoying now that you guys have pointed it out! Damn you both, haha! crying laughing emoji.

I didn't mind Geezer Gals or Circle Siblings but it was the fact that it's obviously Manrika's way to lull them into a false sense of loyalty to then just turn on them. None of the Geezer Gals are now there and now she's after the only 'Circle Sibling' and now she's got a new Triple Threat. However, I did love the sweat-on they got when Andy done that hashtag! 

The twist is a bit stupid at this point in the series now but I'm wondering if Manrika will question the #TripleThreat hashtag as they eliminated them. Either she may be thinking Andy has got to the others or someone has spoken to Andy. It will be interesting to see if they tell Manrika but we all know that she will only use this as leverage to Block them.

10 hours ago, Beast said:

I kind of understand that, to be honest. It just felt like Vithun wasn't there for the money but more there to make friends. I wouldn't believe that about anyone else but him. I was sad to see Billy go but unfortunately he did the same thing. I never understood the Billy thing when Gemma bullshitted about Billy making blunders about football? Like, why didn't Andy or Syed ask him footie questions before the Ratings?!

The twist is a bit stupid at this point in the series now but I'm wondering if Manrika will question the #TripleThreat hashtag as they eliminated them. Either she may be thinking Andy has got to the others or someone has spoken to Andy. It will be interesting to see if they tell Manrika but we all know that she will only use this as leverage to Block them.

Makes sense, but that is the worst kind of intention to go into the Circle with. It's a great side effect, but shouldn't be your main goal. Main goal = Monies please.

I don't think Manrika will question Andy about it, because she'll be too scared, but I think Vicar chap will slip some stuff up about knowing something they shouldn't as they weren't in the circle at the time and that'll make people suspicious.

And also another new player tonight. Or rather

TOOO NOO PLAEY-AAAHS JOYN THE SAAAH-CULLL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Makes sense, but that is the worst kind of intention to go into the Circle with. It's a great side effect, but shouldn't be your main goal. Main goal = Monies please.

I don't think Manrika will question Andy about it, because she'll be too scared, but I think Vicar chap will slip some stuff up about knowing something they shouldn't as they weren't in the circle at the time and that'll make people suspicious.

And also another new player tonight. Or rather

TOOO NOO PLAEY-AAAHS JOYN THE SAAAH-CULLL

I think that as well. I think it's a bit of a crap twist though considering it was already done two weeks ago. I'd rather them fight for their place in the Circle or something. The Assassin concept was quite an interesting twist as was the Tale of Two Tallys but this just seems cheap at this stage in the game. I think it's possibly because they're two newbies and I can't seem to get away from the fact they would have done this anyway. A good pairing for the Vicar would have probably been Felix and Dot ironically. I think they would have got it in the bag.

• Like 1

I just can't help but think how awkward it is to go from pen pals you've known for about 5 days to suddenly sharing an apartment together :laughing: But at least they got on, imagine if it had have been Marika and Andy as influencers, they'd have definitely used the block influencer thing on each other and then be trapped in an apartment together as a vicar. 

I agree it's a bit cheap at this point though, more so because the other players of the circle will have to be pretty stupid to not see through it. It's suspicious enough to have a new starter this late in the game but to have them come in straight after a double blocking, as a vicar on Easter, with a twist that has already been done, with no message to say "Pippa/Femi are on there way to see one of you now" - it won't be hard for people to quickly put things together and work it out. 

Also I usually love Syed but his simping of Manrika is getting a bit much. 

11 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I just can't help but think how awkward it is to go from pen pals you've known for about 5 days to suddenly sharing an apartment together :laughing: But at least they got on, imagine if it had have been Marika and Andy as influencers, they'd have definitely used the block influencer thing on each other and then be trapped in an apartment together as a vicar. 

I agree it's a bit cheap at this point though, more so because the other players of the circle will have to be pretty stupid to not see through it. It's suspicious enough to have a new starter this late in the game but to have them come in straight after a double blocking, as a vicar on Easter, with a twist that has already been done, with no message to say "Pippa/Femi are on there way to see one of you now" - it won't be hard for people to quickly put things together and work it out. 

Also I usually love Syed but his simping of Manrika is getting a bit much. 

I agree with everything here. Regarding Syed, I'm starting to think that maybe this whole debacle has planted a seed in his head about Manrika...well, I hope it has! 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I agree with everything here. Regarding Syed, I'm starting to think that maybe this whole debacle has planted a seed in his head about Manrika...well, I hope it has! 

I think ever since the snake drawing has his faith began to crumble, plus the "relationship" with Felix obviously cementing he isn't going to have a chance in the circle has unleashed his inner perspective unto the truth.

Someone actually did a good April Fools' this year on a friend, by announcing on Facebook (with some images) that she will going on the Circle that night, it hadn't clocked to me to mention to my friend that they usually isolate for 2-3 weeks beforehand (as I forgot), but was concentrating on explaining what the show was to her. I did recommend it probably was a trick and alas I was right. Because I'm amazing.

• Haha 1

On 05/04/2021 at 12:29 AM, Beast said:

It will be interesting to see if they tell Manrika but we all know that she will only use this as leverage to Block them.

Well that theory got shat on within seconds of last night's episode!

• Like 1

Another cliff hanger, I can't even :cry:Though I highly suspect it's gonna be Andy that will go, as much as Syed says he has his back, when push comes to shove I'm pretty sure Manrika will force her choice over his. 

17 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Well that theory got shat on within seconds of last night's episode!

I know, right?! I'm glad Lurker Mode exists though and I'm in love that Femi and Pippa can finally see Snakerika for who she really is!

Just now, Josh64 said:

Another cliff hanger, I can't even :cry:Though I highly suspect it's gonna be Andy that will go, as much as Syed says he has his back, when push comes to shove I'm pretty sure Manrika will force her choice over his. 

Neither can I! This is crazy! I would've said Andy would be safe but after Billy and Tally...it's so unknown! I'm hoping it's Dot, honestly. I like Andy and even though I'd have wanted Felix gone, I doubt it'll happen. 

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

I always love watching these reveals!

It would be nice if they made these for proper viewing. No one wants to watch a video with the phone not on its side

The Pippa and Femi/Joey tactical move of framing the Circle Fam didn't exactly go to plan eh? :laughing: I thought it was initially so clever of them too, but with how close the final four (that aren't new) are and given the insane amount of twists this season, it's no surprise that they guessed that JoePip would make a return as a new character. 

I wasn't that huge on Scott/Dot initially but they grew on me so it's a shame they left but makes sense now given the other options. I'm glad Syed did stick to his word with Andy else that would have put him in a bad light. Other than that it was quite a chilled out and relaxed episode, didn't even really have an insane cliffhanger either! I think Friday is the last day, so shall we lock in our predictions @Beast @EEVILMURRAY ?

Given her power throughout I think it's likely that Manrika will win. So that's my official guess. Who do I want to win? Either Syed or Felix, Syed because he's been a laugh right the way through and Felix as s/he has been so great at playing the game - also can't wait to see THAT reveal!  

Just now, Josh64 said:

The Pippa and Femi/Joey tactical move of framing the Circle Fam didn't exactly go to plan eh? :laughing: I thought it was initially so clever of them too, but with how close the final four (that aren't new) are and given the insane amount of twists this season, it's no surprise that they guessed that JoePip would make a return as a new character. 

I wasn't that huge on Scott/Dot initially but they grew on me so it's a shame they left but makes sense now given the other options. I'm glad Syed did stick to his word with Andy else that would have put him in a bad light. Other than that it was quite a chilled out and relaxed episode, didn't even really have an insane cliffhanger either! I think Friday is the last day, so shall we lock in our predictions @Beast @EEVILMURRAY ?

Given her power throughout I think it's likely that Manrika will win. So that's my official guess. Who do I want to win? Either Syed or Felix, Syed because he's been a laugh right the way through and Felix as s/he has been so great at playing the game - also can't wait to see THAT reveal!  

It's so weird because when they said about Manrika, I thought it was dumb about what they said regarding Gemma. I'd have said something like "It's so obvious Manrika is a snake" as she has crossed a few people in the Circle and it wouldn't exactly have given them a timeframe. She could also have doubted Andy by thinking he held a grudge, Felix with playing with her emotions all along or even Syed. I do not like Alice. I don't know what it is but I just feel he's trying too hard to stir shit up and whilst that's a good tactic, it's far too late to do in the game and has focused on that rather than focus on personality. I also thought the priest could've held a lot of potential- especially given the fact they found out about Manrika but they just entirely wasted that opportunity.

I think Snakerika has won it, personally. She's played a good game, I'll give her that, but I just hated her commentary. It was way too cut-throat and I did feel bad that Natalya played with her emotions at the start but now, I really don't. It could all be fake but it just didn't go down too well with me. It was nice to see a little bit of her feel guilty for playing everybody when she apologised to Andy but it's far too late. I wouldn't want to be her friend in real life if she behaves the way she does in The Circle and according to her, she used to be "manipulative and nasty"...maybe she hasn't changed too much. I would like Andy or Syed to win. I've been fans of them from the start and they seem like nice, genuine guys and Syed switching accents to get into character made me laugh.

WHAT THE BLOODY! 

Sign in to follow this