NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Sony to shut down PS3, Vita, PSP stores

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Wow, that is one heck of a 180°. Good for them, that puts a little less pressure on me to hunt down everything for my Vita and PS3!

Cynically, I can't help but wonder if sales in recent weeks got them to change that decision, but regardless, this highlights the importance of making your voice heard; the backlash clearly worked here. 

Now if they could please bring back the web store pages for those systems that would be great, because traversing them through the console just ain't fun, especially on the PS3. 

And I do sincerely hope this is the first step of many. They now have undeniable evidence - which they didn't before - that there is a passionate fanbase that wants to play legacy titles. Let's see them get to work on PS1 - PS3 emulation and make titles on PS Now available for download. I'm not saying it's easy, but come on, it's almost embarrassing. 

In a just world (and a world where I would actually consider buying a PS5), Sony would be scrambling to get their PS1-PS3 games up and running on PS5 ASAP.

One would hope that Sony would recognise the value of their PS1 & PS2 back catalogue by now, but as long as Jim "Why would anyone play this?" Ryan is in charge? I doubt that very much sadly :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They've already ported a bunch of PS2 games to PS4/5 (more than Original Xbox games on the One/Series).

Although I feel like Sony should start with a cheap and nasty "catch all" emulator, only sell thorough the web store with warnings (not via consoles) and allow downloads even if they may not all work straight away.

Then once they go though and test stuff, run them at a better resolution, add trophies (they have a special method of adding trophies to old games), then sell them properly.

On 02/04/2021 at 5:08 PM, Dcubed said:

Don't forget that you can access the US & JPN stores on a UK console! You can get your hands on stuff like Chrono Cross, Einhainder and Thunderforce 5 for a mere fraction of their regular 2nd hand prices!

On 03/04/2021 at 7:17 PM, Ike said:

If you have a PS3 and a Japanese PSN account, then I recommend getting the Sega Ages: Phantasy Star Complete Collection. All the mainline games include the English version and they have the optional enhancements of faster movement speed and increases Meseta and EXP.

I know we're out of the woods regarding the shutting down but how did either of you manage to buy something from the Japanese PSN?  My revolut card can't be added as a payment method and I can't seem to find a reputable place to buy Japanese PSN cards.

4 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

I know we're out of the woods regarding the shutting down but how did either of you manage to buy something from the Japanese PSN?  My revolut card can't be added as a payment method and I can't seem to find a reputable place to buy Japanese PSN cards.

I usually buy a top up card from Play Asia or Nin Nin Games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

Play-Asia is the way to go.  Just buy Japanese/US PSN cards from there; they email you the code mere seconds after paying.  Dead simple :) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this