NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

New Pikmin AR game for Mobile from Niantic & Nintendo

ExH1L4cUcAAVsvA?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like it’s gonna be the first in a line of new AR titles for Mobile from Niantic/Nintendo.

Pre-registration is live here

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I’m still enjoying Pokémon Go even though Niantic are starting to,get greedy and putting shiny pokemon and some others behind paywalls. Since this pikmin game is probably gonna have Nintendo closely involved though, I suspect they may not get away with a lot of that though. 

Interesting how there's no real info, just an announcement that they're working on something together. Nice artwork at least

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Interesting. I’m still enjoying Pokémon Go even though Niantic are starting to,get greedy and putting shiny pokemon and some others behind paywalls. Since this pikmin game is probably gonna have Nintendo closely involved though, I suspect they may not get away with a lot of that though. 

After Mario Kart Tour, I wouldn't be so certain on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol yeah, Mario Kart Tour is one of the most quality mobile games I've played but also the most greedy, they try to absolutely bleed you dry on that game. It will be interesting to see what they do with this, I still play Pokémon Go occasionally but enjoy it for the map aspect such as walking to a certain area and catching a Pokémon there, the actual AR function of Go I haven't bothered using since its first month or release, partly because it's just easier not to use it and I feel like less of a dick not using it when out in public. 

On 3/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, BowserBasher said:

I haven't played Pokemon Go in years, how have they paywalled shiny pokemon?

4 hours ago, Eddage said:

I haven't played Pokemon Go in years, how have they paywalled shiny pokemon?

They just released shiny mew but to get it you had to pay £15 for an event they were doing, which then got you the research for the shiny Mew after. And they weren’t easy tasks either, it’s stuff like visit 151 different Pokestops, catch 151 different mons, and stuff that would take you a while to do. 
also before this they had put a version on Mr Mime behind a paid research too. 

The only thing Mr Mine should be put behind is prison bars for crimes against humanity. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

They just released shiny mew but to get it you had to pay £15 for an event they were doing, which then got you the research for the shiny Mew after. And they weren’t easy tasks either, it’s stuff like visit 151 different Pokestops, catch 151 different mons, and stuff that would take you a while to do. 
also before this they had put a version on Mr Mime behind a paid research too. 

Don’t take this as me defending it, but just curious if this was as part of a digital version of the Pokemon Go Fest events they did before COVID?

If I remember correctly you would have to buy a ticket to attend those events, and there were special pokemon that were only available to those who attended. 

2 hours ago, Eddage said:

Don’t take this as me defending it, but just curious if this was as part of a digital version of the Pokemon Go Fest events they did before COVID?

If I remember correctly you would have to buy a ticket to attend those events, and there were special pokemon that were only available to those who attended. 

That’s fine. I know the events you are on about. In fact I had bought a ticket for the Safari Zone event that they were holding in Liverpool last year that never happened. Though they have only refunded people that asked for it so it should still go ahead one day. 
The thing with the Mew was that it wasn’t a part of a real life event. It was purely an in game event that just provided you with more of certain type of Pokémon. It was a red/blue celebration event or something like that. Kanto celebration. It was like when they did the same with Regigigas. It wasn’t connected to a real life event. Hopefully they follow up by allowing access to,everyone, as we all were able to get regigigas eventually. 

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

The only thing Mr Mine should be put behind is prison bars for crimes against humanity. 

What about Mr. Rime? Is that Pokémon OK?

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

What about Mr. Rime? Is that Pokémon OK?

All I'm saying is my phone knows not to speak the evil's name. 

• Haha 1

content-4-36469-nianticnintendopikminbanner.jpg

Nintendo and Niantic announce new partnership and Pikmin application

Now up on the main page. :D

Press release... and that's about it.

- - - - -

Sign in to follow this