NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Ring Fit Adventure

I've done the first boss battle and I dropped to the floor! haha. The knee-to-chest exercise is a byatch! I have (fl)abs so it was killing me having to hold it in to power up and then kick out!

I'm on World 2 and done the robot mini-game now. I think I'm one level away from another boss battle. I'm seriously loving this game so much!

Can someone tell me how multi-task mode works? Like, how does the RingCon know how many reps you done? I find it amazing!

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I've done the first boss battle and I dropped to the floor! haha. The knee-to-chest exercise is a byatch! I have (fl)abs so it was killing me having to hold it in to power up and then kick out!

I'm on World 2 and done the robot mini-game now. I think I'm one level away from another boss battle. I'm seriously loving this game so much!

Can someone tell me how multi-task mode works? Like, how does the RingCon know how many reps you done? I find it amazing!

The Gyro in the Joy-Con is really good. It's legit impressive.

I'll probably get this as my next game. Lockdown has started to get me to start putting on a little weight.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The Gyro in the Joy-Con is really good. It's legit impressive.

I'll probably get this as my next game. Lockdown has started to get me to start putting on a little weight.

Highly would recommend this!! It's definitely a workout! It takes a lot for me to get tired after a workout but in 40 minutes, I am absolutely sweaty and shattered! 

Welp, 10 days into my Fit adventure with Ring.

I've gone from "ARGH! MY LEGS!" to "ARGH! MY LEGS!", except 10 minutes later than usual. Seriously, squats absolutely kill me.

I have about as much stamina as a wet paper bag, I always knew this, but I am slowly being able to last a bit longer.

About to fight Dragaux in World 3, he still cracks me up whenever he makes an appearance. Such a ridiculous character design, that I can't help but laugh.

Game's great fun though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Crush it with the inside of your thighs!"

I mean, Ring's commentary is a minefield of accidental innuendo, but that one made me drop the Ring-con (it was in between said thighs) in laughter! Inadvertently made me take a five-minute break because I was having one of those laughing fits where it actually starts to hurt. Although that might have been exacerbated by the previous excerise.

17 days in now, I'm on World 5 now. The "Mountain Climber" exercise I was introduced to today is the first time where I couldn't pull it off. It was excruciatingly exhausting! I don't like it one bit! Had to cut my session short because it left me gasping for breath.

I apologise, squat exercise, there are far worse things for me to attempt.

• Haha 5

I had the full intention of playing this yesterday instead of going to the gym but my arms are absolutely aching so I skipped it! I'm absolutely gutted but I'm hopefully going to play it over the weekend! I really miss the game! It's great to see someone else still playing it. The game definitely deserves more recognition!

Got this in a bargain sale Tuesday and have tried it a couple of times now. 

The difficulty set itself to about 25 for me which means I have to do 25 reps of each exercise. That's a bit harsh because it takes a lot of time for each encounter, but it's nice that half of them are static holds which then turns into 12 quick attacks. 

Did the first boss battle Wednesday but lost as I wasn't expecting him to attack twice in one round and thus released the ab guard (which I don't feel at all) prematurely. Won the battle today, though, and then went on to do the next level. 

Also tried a custom workout, went for glutes and trapezius at hardcore difficulty. Got average scores of 98/100 on both without straining myself (average pulse at about 90 bpm with a couple of spikes to 140). Totally about 40 minutes.

Overall it was an alright workout but I very much doubt I'll be able to feel it much tomorrow, and I don't feel like I need a bath (my wife might disagree). It was a good way to do something on a lazy Sunday night, though, but I prefer my usual go-to workout of 25 minutes of light rowing or 30 movements in 30 minutes. Next time I think I'll go through all custom workouts to see if that does something to me. 

I'll also try to get my wife to try it out, but she isn't really motivated by gamification. 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 3

I was back on RingFit recently for a bit of variation in the old regime. Also left myself open when I should have held the ab guard for two attacks. I've had it on max difficulty level since the beginning and, for a game with a resistance ring, imo it gives you a decent enough going over if you put moves in your loadout that you find difficult. A fun alternative on a day you might not feel like doing anything else.

EDIT: Oh and, it's the best thing to come from Breath of the Wild. ;) 

Edited by darksnowman

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Oh and, it's the best thing to come from Breath of the Wild. ;) 

This is almost correct.

The actual best thing is some of the songs that came from it.

Excuse me? Oh no! Not from the actual game, don't be ridiculous! I'm talking about the banging remixes we got in Smash Ultimate and Age of Calamity!

Edited by Glen-i

7 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I was back on RingFit recently for a bit of variation in the old regime. Also left myself open when I should have held the ab guard for two attacks. I've had it on max difficulty level since the beginning and, for a game with a resistance ring, imo it gives you a decent enough going over if you put moves in your loadout that you find difficult. A fun alternative on a day you might not feel like doing anything else.

Yeah, I have not unlocked enough new moves to change the combination in the adventure-part yet. But yeah, will definitely change the moves. 

10 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Got this in a bargain sale Tuesday and have tried it a couple of times now. 

The difficulty set itself to about 25 for me which means I have to do 25 reps of each exercise. That's a bit harsh because it takes a lot of time for each encounter, but it's nice that half of them are static holds which then turns into 12 quick attacks. 

Did the first boss battle Wednesday but lost as I wasn't expecting him to attack twice in one round and thus released the ab guard (which I don't feel at all) prematurely. Won the battle today, though, and then went on to do the next level. 

Also tried a custom workout, went for glutes and trapezius at hardcore difficulty. Got average scores of 98/100 on both without straining myself (average pulse at about 90 bpm with a couple of spikes to 140). Totally about 40 minutes.

Overall it was an alright workout but I very much doubt I'll be able to feel it much tomorrow, and I don't feel like I need a bath (my wife might disagree). It was a good way to do something on a lazy Sunday night, though, but I prefer my usual go-to workout of 25 minutes of light rowing or 30 movements in 30 minutes. Next time I think I'll go through all custom workouts to see if that does something to me. 

I'll also try to get my wife to try it out, but she isn't really motivated by gamification. 

The game does get harder as you progress and trying to beat your own scores in the custom exercise mode can be pretty fun and challenging. When the game first came out (before the pandemic hit) I used to go to the gym every other day, usually lifting and doing cardio, and I found that Ring Fit didn't really push me that much. I've not been back to the gym since lockdown ended and I can certainly see the difference in difficulty whenever I do fire this up now.

I've been meaning to get back on this on a more regular basis. I think I'm on chapter 13 at the moment. @lostmario bought it recently and every time I see his name pop up on my Switch and see he is playing it, gives me a little nudge to get my finger out and start playing it again.

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

This is almost correct.

The actual best thing is some of the songs that came from it.

Excuse me? Oh no! Not from the actual game, don't be ridiculous! I'm talking about the banging remixes we got in Smash Ultimate and Age of Calamity!

Don't know about that since I don't have those games. I was just referring to how RingFit was said to be built off the BotW engine. The battle music reminds me of Miitopia and I do enjoy the music side mode.

10 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, I have not unlocked enough new moves to change the combination in the adventure-part yet. But yeah, will definitely change the moves. 

Perhaps you can try everything out in custom mode to see what you think. Not sure if you have to unlock things in adventure for it first.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The game does get harder as you progress and trying to beat your own scores in the custom exercise mode can be pretty fun and challenging. When the game first came out (before the pandemic hit) I used to go to the gym every other day, usually lifting and doing cardio, and I found that Ring Fit didn't really push me that much. I've not been back to the gym since lockdown ended and I can certainly see the difference in difficulty whenever I do fire this up now.

I've been meaning to get back on this on a more regular basis. I think I'm on chapter 13 at the moment. @lostmario bought it recently and every time I see his name pop up on my Switch and see he is playing it, gives me a little nudge to get my finger out and start playing it again.

It's killing my knees but it's great fun. I've not played it as much as I'd like so far. God of War: Ragnarok took over my game time post Christmas and now Metroid Dread has took over.

Seeing this has pushed me to play it tonight.

• Like 2

Alright, I definitely feel a bit in my deltoids and my hamstrings (I think the glute bridge did it, don't do many of those).

It seems that you can do the custom workouts without unlocking the moves first. That's great.

I think I'll try to get another session in tomorrow evening and see how it goes.

17 hours ago, lostmario said:

It's killing my knees but it's great fun. I've not played it as much as I'd like so far. God of War: Ragnarok took over my game time post Christmas and now Metroid Dread has took over.

Seeing this has pushed me to play it tonight.

Yeah, my kness aren't great when I played it. Probably due to all the running and playing basketball I've done over the years. The squat exercises really does a number on them and it really takes its toll when I play stages where you have to keep doing them in order to keep the platforms moving.

Sign in to follow this