NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Ring Fit Adventure

Update was good timing, didn't realise it  available already. Was gonna pick it up again with the gym being closed now.

• Like 1

Yeah so I should probably play this again. It's been three weeks already...

Fantastic free update and completely out of the blue. Glad Nintendo are still supporting this game, this update is really, really good. 

Great free update, will try it out this morning. Perfect timing for me, too. Just coming to the end of Adventure mode. Hope there’s a new game plus type situation, or I’ll just play through the whole thing again.

5 hours ago, londragon said:

Great free update, will try it out this morning. Perfect timing for me, too. Just coming to the end of Adventure mode. Hope there’s a new game plus type situation, or I’ll just play through the whole thing again.

There is. After you finish that there's also new game ++.

• Like 1

The rhythm game on this is kind of stressful for me. Got no problem with the rhythm, just the fitness! :laughing: That said I managed to nab the N-E top spot on Jump Up Super Star:

Just about. :hehe:

@Hero-of-Time (and the others on there), you’re done with the game now, right? :heh: There’s plenty of room to improve that score, but please don’t. :D 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

That said I managed to nab the N-E top spot on Jump Up Super Star...

EUhQW21UUAI_yEg?format=jpg&name=small

tenor.gif?itemid=11190804

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Damnit! :grin: 

Was that max score on all beats? Should I even attempt it? Tomorrow. :laughing: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Damnit! :grin: 

Was that max score on all beats? Should I even attempt it? Tomorrow. :laughing: 

Yeah, I think it was a perfect score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Is this really worth £80?

I’ve been really enjoying it. Both the game part and the exercise part!

The game/story aspect won’t win any narrative awards but combined with the exercise (and it really does get the heart pumping and sweat dripping) I think it’s great fun. 

Has it gone up in price? I’ve been liking it a lot. Do my 30 minutes of exercise most days and have put nearly 80 hours into it. Well worth the £55 it was on launch day. It’ll be lasting me a lot longer into the future, too. It depends on whether you stick to it, or let it gather dust.

Gone up in price?

People are paying between £25 - £50 just for the Chinese knock-off version of the ring-con... presumably without the software.

The cheapest you can get a boxed copy of the peripheral (official) and the game is around £130.

I'm assuming it's still sold out everywhere else of course.

I'd have said that the game/peripheral is probably worth the original RRP of £55 if you were going to use it yeah.

These prices though? Heck no. :p (but given how things currently are, I can see why people would pay those prices)

• Like 1

Stock is severely limited here in the Netherlands and as such prices have gone up here as well, around €90. Amazon now has it for €80 with delivery around the 24th. I was thinking of getting this for my birthday but I wonder if it will be restocked properly before the beginning of May.

• Like 1

It's also completely sold out here in Denmark as well. Stocks aren't being replenished in April as was first though, some retailers even state October at the earliest! I think production in China has been hit by Corona along with a slightly increased demand combined with all those that wanted the game even before Corona. So yeah, I can understand that the game is selling at a higher price now. 

• Like 1

Considering picking this up. Got an exercise bike because my foot has been playing up but how foot-intensive is this? I can still move around obviously, but if it's a lot of running on the spot, jumping or any kind of high impact (on my foot) kind of thing I'll swerve. 

34 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Considering picking this up. Got an exercise bike because my foot has been playing up but how foot-intensive is this? I can still move around obviously, but if it's a lot of running on the spot, jumping or any kind of high impact (on my foot) kind of thing I'll swerve. 

It's pretty much constant running in the spot.

Saw you mention you have Plantar Fasciitis in the fitness thread, have you ever tried wearing a foot brace? I bought one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07VRZBS7R/ in case mine flairs back up again. Not tried it while I've had it though but it felt nice to wear.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ike said:

It's pretty much constant running in the spot.

Saw you mention you have Plantar Fasciitis in the fitness thread, have you ever tried wearing a foot brace? I bought one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07VRZBS7R/ in case mine flairs back up again. Not tried it while I've had it though but it felt nice to wear.

Cheers, been meaning to get something like this. Used disposable bandages when it was particularly bad but kept meaning to buy something like this. 

And cheers for letting me know re: the game. 

I'll be back playing this again tomorrow. My horrible housemate has moved out and so now I will have much more time to myself in the living room, :) where the Ring Fit Adventure magic can happen :)

I'm sorry if there's already a thread dedicated to this absolute masterpiece of a game but I needed to give it the recognition it deserves.

For so bloody long, I've always been an "active" gamer. From Dance Dance Revolution to the Switch, I love motion gaming. I find it an awesome and cool concept that brings a lot of fun and originality. However, apart from the likes of DDR and other dance games (Just Dance, The Experiences, etc), I could never really find exercise games that were challenging. Wii Fit wasn't much of a cardio challenge at all and Just Dance is great but after a while, it gets boring (although the Unlimited side of things keeps it fresh).

I bought Ring Fit and it is exactly what I've always wanted. It's fun, it's energetic and it uses normal exercises and makes them fun and challenging! I am absolutely sold and in love with this.

Does anyone else own this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm sorry if there's already a thread dedicated to this absolute masterpiece of a game but I needed to give it the recognition it deserves.

There is indeed an existing Ring Fit Adventure thread, though it's far from active, as the last post in it was from July last year, and the topic is on the fifth page back, so no worries. :p

It's nice to hear that you're enjoying the game, especially as you only recently got a Switch, and it's good to hear that the console is getting plenty of use. :)

As a piece of software, and exercise aid, it has been really well received, I gather that its sold pretty well too.

I'd considered purchasing it, but because I tend to not use wireless controllers, I decided against it in the end, which is a shame, because it looks like a lot of fun, for what it is, but the trade-off just isn't worth it, to me personally.

If I wasn't so set on just using wired controllers, I'd have picked this up on day one, but even then, I tend to play games a lot less these days, so I question if I'd actually use it much.

For working into an existing exercise routine though, I can clearly see that it's very useful, and it seems to make it more worthwhile to the end user on the amount of time put into it, than Wii-Fit ever did, because as revolutionary as that software was at the time, looking at it now, I can see why plenty of balance boards are found by the dozen at any second-hand electrical/entertainment retailer, or online, due to the limited long-term appeal.

Ring Fit Adventure is great though, for anyone who wants to work out while on their Switch, and especially if you use the joy-cons a lot, and as a bonus, it's probably the one game which would work even with controllers that have the dreaded joy-con drift, because of the way that the controllers are utilised, as I understand it, one of them is placed in the ring-con and the other in the leg-strap, so no control sticks required. :D

I started using it again a few days ago. It's impressive how the Ring Fit feels like a professional piece of kit, I was expecting it to be more toy-like based on the Wii Balance Board. It's incredibly sturdy.

On 01/04/2020 at 1:32 PM, RedShell said:

The rhythm game on this is kind of stressful for me. Got no problem with the rhythm, just the fitness! :laughing: That said I managed to nab the N-E top spot on Jump Up Super Star:

Just about. :hehe:

@Hero-of-Time (and the others on there), you’re done with the game now, right? :heh: There’s plenty of room to improve that score, but please don’t. :D 

On 01/04/2020 at 1:58 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

BIIIIIITCH! YEEEEESSSS! I am here for this shit! I actually can't believe I didn't see this! I've been so obsessed with the adventure mode but I've had to give it a bit of a rest as I didn't want to push my foot recovery so I play one day and miss another and so on. I am here for the rhythm competition! Get ready for some scores...hopefully people still play this!

On 09/04/2020 at 11:55 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

I know it's £65 now but honestly, knowing what I know now, I wished I did this at Christmas. It's surprisingly so good and it really made me work and I had so much fun! I would've happily played it knowing that I'd have been doing this a lot. I opted for Fitness Boxing instead and, whilst that was good, there was only so many times I could hear the same phrases...and also it started becoming tedious. I'd highly recommend this and I really hope they do another Ring Fit Adventure game soon!

On 22/06/2020 at 11:00 PM, Ashley said:

I saw in the next post that you had Plantar Fasciitis, which is what I did have too. I had it seen to two weeks ago and had the ultrasound-guided needle in it (which I would very much recommend! My foot is near enough recovered but the very back of my heel is just a tad painful, which is expected and takes a bit longer to recover but is getting there day by day).

I've just finished my two weeks recovery and slowly getting back into exercise and doing yoga every morning (which is what was recommended to me) and Ring Fit every other day. Whilst there is a mode for jogging on the spot for moving, I lay down my yoga mat and done the "Silent Mode", which is basically where you do mini-squats to move forward. This is something I'd recommend you do as it helped take the impact from my foot and I still got a good workout from it. Even if you didn't opt for Adventure Mode, there's single exercises and stuff you can do that won't affect your foot too much. 

On 09/07/2020 at 10:55 PM, Tim B said:

I'll be back playing this again tomorrow. My horrible housemate has moved out and so now I will have much more time to myself in the living room, :) where the Ring Fit Adventure magic can happen :)

How are you getting on?

21 hours ago, S.C.G said:

There is indeed an existing Ring Fit Adventure thread, though it's far from active, as the last post in it was from July last year, and the topic is on the fifth page back, so no worries. :p

It's nice to hear that you're enjoying the game, especially as you only recently got a Switch, and it's good to hear that the console is getting plenty of use. :)

As a piece of software, and exercise aid, it has been really well received, I gather that its sold pretty well too.

I'd considered purchasing it, but because I tend to not use wireless controllers, I decided against it in the end, which is a shame, because it looks like a lot of fun, for what it is, but the trade-off just isn't worth it, to me personally.

If I wasn't so set on just using wired controllers, I'd have picked this up on day one, but even then, I tend to play games a lot less these days, so I question if I'd actually use it much.

For working into an existing exercise routine though, I can clearly see that it's very useful, and it seems to make it more worthwhile to the end user on the amount of time put into it, than Wii-Fit ever did, because as revolutionary as that software was at the time, looking at it now, I can see why plenty of balance boards are found by the dozen at any second-hand electrical/entertainment retailer, or online, due to the limited long-term appeal.

Ring Fit Adventure is great though, for anyone who wants to work out while on their Switch, and especially if you use the joy-cons a lot, and as a bonus, it's probably the one game which would work even with controllers that have the dreaded joy-con drift, because of the way that the controllers are utilised, as I understand it, one of them is placed in the ring-con and the other in the leg-strap, so no control sticks required. :D

I absolutely love my Switch. It gets used pretty much every day! 

You should definitely pick it up, dude. If you like working out and gaming (especially turn-based RPGs), it's honestly perfect. I sat there and honestly thought "It's going to let me down like Wii Fit did" (well, Wii Fit is decent but it wasn't intense enough for my liking) but this literally eclipses it! I'm surprised at how much I love it, honestly. I love it that much that I'm actually praying my foot will be good for it tomorrow! 

19 hours ago, Cube said:

I started using it again a few days ago. It's impressive how the Ring Fit feels like a professional piece of kit, I was expecting it to be more toy-like based on the Wii Balance Board. It's incredibly sturdy.

Same, honestly! It's the first time that I've been so surprised by something. The Ring-Con itself is very tough. I am here for everything the game has to offer and I'm HOPING there's a sequel in the works or some other exercise game that would be this good!

3 hours ago, Ike said:

I merged the threads.

I appreciate it! I can't wait to play more of this with you all...hopefully you all still play it anyway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this