NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Sony & RTS Aquire EVO

Wow, one year of inactivity and they're already getting acquired by someone who's not Capcom. It's going to be interesting, seeing if Killer Instinct and Smash Bros. can stay strong in the event going forward.

9 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Wow, one year of inactivity and they're already getting acquired by someone who's not Capcom. It's going to be interesting, seeing if Killer Instinct and Smash Bros. can stay strong in the event going forward.

Oh, don't worry. Smash will still have a major presence. It'll just have to have some minor restrictions to character choice.

See? Barely a change! No-one actually likes those 81 other bozos anyway.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Yeah, defo.

I could imagine Nintendo pulling out of EVO and focusing more on other tournaments like Genesis in response...

Will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

I wonder how much the abscence of Smash Bros. will harm EVO in the long run? Then again, I think Nintendo would rather Smash isn't played competitively and only for fun, competitive gaming kind of gets in the way of Nintendo's family friendly image.

I think realistically we're looking at no Smash at EVO, which would be a major downgrade considering it was the highlight of EVO during the last few years.

Sign in to follow this