NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Persona 5 Strikers

I know this already has a thread in the Nintendo section but I thought seeing as the Switch never had either Persona 5 game it might be a bit safer spoiler-wise to create another one where people may have played the previous games.

I got the game today and put about an hour in. It seems pretty good so far. Definitely feels like a direct sequel to P5 which is cool, much better than other Persona spin offs I’ve played. The gameplay is what you’d expect from a Warriors style game. Not really my kind of thing so I’ve just put it on easy as I’m only here for the story and characters anyway.

Spoiler

The ending of Persona 5 with the destruction of Mementos and you all being unable to access the Metaverse is glossed over pretty quickly but it is at least referenced. Basically just “oh that’s weird, I thought we couldn’t do this anymore” 😆

My only real complaint about the game at the moment is that the audio mixing is pretty bad so you can barely hear some characters talk over the music. That and they changed the confirm button from X to circle so 102 hours of recent muscle memory is driving me nuts!

Been quite intrigued by this game

I never got into Persona 5 because, whilst I loved the vibe, I found the palaces (or the first one at least) to be really boring, and the fighting system fairly underwhelming / repetitive. If the palaces and fighting are different, might I like this or would jumping in be confusing AF? I enjoyed Dynasty Warriors back in the day

Edited by dan-likes-trees

5 minutes ago, dan-likes-trees said:

Been quite intrigued by this game

I never got into Persona 5 because, whilst I loved the vibe, I found the palaces (or the first one at least) to be really boring, and the fighting system fairly underwhelming / repetitive. If the palaces and fighting are different, might I like this or would jumping in be confusing AF? I enjoyed Dynasty Warriors back in the day

I haven’t played too much of the game yet but I doubt it would be too confusing. Given this was released on consoles that never had Persona 5 they probably had to design it to be played with little prior knowledge.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 7:56 PM, Happenstance said:

I haven’t played too much of the game yet but I doubt it would be too confusing. Given this was released on consoles that never had Persona 5 they probably had to design it to be played with little prior knowledge.

Aye cool cheers. Let us know how you get on with it!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this