NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (Switch, PS4, Xbox, PC)

Credits are rolling.

Spoiler

Maybe it's because I was playing solo, but Shredder was much harder then Super Shredder for me. That damn electric counter! Not to mention the shadow clone phases. Rough going by yourself.

Amazing game, I can see a lot of replays in the near future. Hopefully with some people from here.

Music is on point too! Panic in the Sky is especially noteworthy.

Decided to pick this up on the PS4. It's on downloading now. Gonna listen to this while I wait. :D 

• Haha 1

Just finished a run with 5 other players. Online was silky smooth, even with all the chaos that was going on. 

The game is amazing. So many nostalgic moments, especially from the boss fights. 

• Like 1

Credits have rolled for me as well.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Endgame spoilers (Hide contents)

Maybe it's because I was playing solo, but Shredder was much harder then Super Shredder for me. That damn electric counter! Not to mention the shadow clone phases. Rough going by yourself.

Spoiler

I was playing solo and it was definitely the other way around for me. :hehe:

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Music is on point too! Panic in the Sky is especially noteworthy.

Yeah, the music IMO is easily the best thing about the entire game! Absolute perfection, (Tee Lopes has firmly established himself as the go-to composer for recreating 90's Zazz :grin:) even though I personally wasn't so keen on a couple of the vocal tracks (cheese allergy :laughing:) I get that they totally fit the vibe though, and well, they certainly made me laugh/added to the fun. :D

Shame about Shredder's voice though, so wrong. :shakehead Grabbing sound bites by James Avery from the TV series would have been way better, but I'm guessing that wasn't a viable option. ::shrug:

Anyway, will definitely give online co-op a go later on today. Too bad there's currently no cross-play (other than between Xbox and PC) hopefully it gets patched in at some point, although I suspect if it does it'll be once most people are already done with the game. :heh:

• Like 2

Trophy for beating last boss without being hit...

Spoiler

I just unlocked this and burst out laughing at its name and picture. It's called Who Needs A Dock? and the picture is of Shredder's hand bursting through a dock. What a fantastic call back to the 2nd Turtles movie. Love it! :D 

• Haha 1

Finished arcade mode on the highest difficulty earlier this evening. My first attempt failed, mainly due to the guy I played with not utilizing the taunt/special move combo. The second attempt ended with the online borking and everyone getting booted. It was third time lucky and it went really smoothly. Everyone who joined my game knew what they were doing, with each of us timing our specials so that people had cover whilst taunting and also covering those who were helping someone up.

I also knocked out the 1CC trophy, which is stupidly easy after doing the above. Just slam it on Chill difficulty and it's a breeze.

All the hard trophies are now out the way. Now begins the grind to max level every character. I've done 2 of them already, just 5 more to go....

I think this is the first time I've put 8 hours into this type of game in a single day. The game is definitely in my GOTY list.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think this is the first time I've put 8 hours into this type of game in a single day. 

Yeah, once I’d completed story mode I figured I’d be done with the game since there isn’t much to do outside of that but I found myself dipping into random online games with strangers for about six hours over the course of yesterday.

Ive gotten Leonardo and Casey Jones to level 10 and all the others characters are around level 5, so I’ll aim to level everyone to max today. Other then that, collectibles, challenges and achievements are all mostly done.

I’d like the developers add a little more to this game because I enjoy playing it so much.

Perhaps a boss rush mode, new characters etc

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I’d like the developers add a little more to this game because I enjoy playing it so much.

This is where I'm at too. Like, I'm not complaining, because it's fun just to do a few levels in co-op, but if they put down some more characters, or some kind of side story to fit more villains in, I'd likely buy it. It's just pure, unadulterated fun, and I want more of it.

I did Story Mode on Gnarly difficulty, only to realise the achievement specified Arcade Mode. Woopsies! Got some practice in, I guess, and some more level ups.

@Hero-of-Time, are there a limited number of continues in Arcade? Because I'm not the best at these kind of games, and depending on how lenient it is, I might not be able to pull it off.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Yeah, @Glen-i you only get a couple of continues and start with 3 lives. 

If you can get a team together it's honestly not that bad. Just time your taunts and spam the special moves, making sure to pick up any team member up who falls to avoid them losing a life.

• Thanks 1

I can see this game being in both Digital Foundry and My Life in Gaming's GOTY discussions. 

I've managed top level up a few more characters to their max levels and have 3 left to go. It's certainly a grind. It takes around 2 hours of constant enemy farming for each to be maxed out from 0. Still having fun doing it though. I tend to switch from playing online to doing a couple of runs of the first level.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I can see this game being in both Digital Foundry and My Life in Gaming's GOTY discussions. 

I've managed top level up a few more characters to their max levels and have 3 left to go. It's certainly a grind. It takes around 2 hours of constant enemy farming for each to be maxed out from 0. Still having fun doing it though. I tend to switch from playing online to doing a couple of runs of the first level.

Defo.  This game is definitely amongst the best games released this year.

Though lets be honest, Elden Ring is going to win a clean sweep amongst all non-Nintendo sites out there.  There might as well have not been a single other game released this year when it comes to GOTY votes.

Edited by Dcubed

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Defo.  This game is definitely amongst the best games released this year.

Though lets be honest, Elden Ring is going to win a clean sweep amongst all non-Nintendo sites out there.  There might as well have not been a single other game released this year when it comes to GOTY votes.

To be fair, that is in my list as well. The game is a masterpiece, as is this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be fair, that is in my list as well. The game is a masterpiece, as is this.

Still not got around to Elden Ring yet, probably won’t until winter now though. It definitely feels like more of a winter game, unlike Turtles. :grin:

Anyway, finally done some online play on this. As expected it is madness! :bouncy: When you get 6 player games going it becomes pretty much impossible to see where your character is and what the hell is going on! :laughing: Hilarious stuff though. :bowdown: 

• Haha 1

Because of the rail strikes, I'll be making my usual visit to @Dcubed's house on Wednesday instead of Thursday. And I'm thinking with a little forewarning this time, we can get an N-E session going.

Probably should mention we have the Switch version.

@BowserBasher and I are already in for it, so if you want to join in, just post here with what character you want to play as. I'm thinking an Arcade run on Okay difficulty would be best, but if you'd rather do something else, go ahead and suggest so. Or if the time isn't quite right.

Time: Wednesday, 7pm

Glen-i - No Preference

BowserBasher - No Preference

Dazzybee - Mikey, but is fine with anyone.

Dcubed - Not chosen yet

Edited by Glen-i

A certain level transition image has been making the rounds with editing shenanigans.

0ie3jRS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I laughed.

Our session might wait a little depending on Dazzy's schedule. Dcubed is also joining in, so we have 4 people now.

• Haha 3

Thanks @Glen-i, @Dcubed and @dazzybee for the gaming session. Shame about the end there. All I can say is that is pure mayhem at times.I think next time I'll chose a non turtle so I don't lose my character in all the mayhem. Also well worth being on voice chat at the same time as it helps with who should get the Pizza or when to use special attacks. Hope to play again another time.

• Thanks 2

Bummer that the connection conked out right at the end, but it was still an awesome time!

Also... you know, Wutang Clan; for some reason! :D

14 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Also... you know, Wutang Clan; for some reason! :D

That's one of those times when I was looking at the credits, saw the name of something, and thought "Wow! Really!? That's so cool!"

For anyone curious that hasn't got the game for some reason, it's the music that plays on Episode 15's boss.

Spoiler

OK, yeah, that was definitely just you. I guess it happened because the two of you grabbed the same enemy at the same time and the slight delay online play had made the game freak out.

You can see Mikey do the Down Y throw animation, so to everyone else, it looked normal. (Dcubed and I were obviously busy with other stuff)

Edited by Glen-i

Sign in to follow this