NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (Switch, PS4, Xbox, PC)

57 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Generally, when a multi platform game includes a Nintendo platform, it should go on the Nintendo board.

Otherwise, the "N" in N-Europe might as well not be there.

Makes perfect sense.

55 minutes ago, Julius said:

To give some context, I don't think it was posted on the Nintendo board initially as, if I'm remembering correctly, it was generically slated as coming to "PC and consoles" when first revealed in all of DotEmu's descriptions and press release for the game, but no specific mention of the Switch (supported by the mention earlier in this thread by @MindFreak that it should be coming to Switch based on DotEmu's past work). I don't think a Switch version was properly confirmed until the Indie World Presentation a month later?

Oh no, don't get me wrong. It was defo in the right place at first, but it was after that Indie World where I started oh-so-subtlety hinting that it should be moved.

Every time I went to post in this thread, I kept looking back on this board for a couple of pages before realising that it was in Other Consoles. Without fail.

Anyway, killing time before 2pm. So if anyone wants to deny Shredder some soup once again this weekend, give me a shout. Legit, this is the game I'm most excited for this summer!

It's out for download now.  See the Switch version is once again more expensive than other platforms, even with the 10% discount.

£17.99 on PSN. Still not sure which console to buy it on. It's the kinda game I wouldn't mind playing with the TV on in the background but I do like the look of the trophy list.

Game supports the Switch Friend Invite feature, which is nice. Not enough games take advantage of that.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

£17.99 on PSN. Still not sure which console to buy it on. It's the kinda game I wouldn't mind playing with the TV on in the background but I do like the look of the trophy list.

Worth noting the PlayStation version doesn't support 5 or 6 player local play for obvious reasons.

The achievements are in the Switch version as well.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Worth noting the PlayStation version doesn't support 5 or 6 player local play for obvious reasons.

The achievements are in the Switch version as well.

That means absolutely nothing to me. :p 

Yeah, in game achievements are nice and all but will it add to my platinum trophy count? :D 

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That means absolutely nothing to me. :p 

To be fair, that part was more of a general PSA. I know you have no friends. For you, it's basically if portable is worth the extra three quid. (Bloody Switch Tax...)

But it's worth considering if there's any parents thinking of having a session with their kids/their friends.

Edited by Glen-i

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Generally, when a multi platform game includes a Nintendo platform, it should go on the Nintendo board.

Otherwise, the "N" in N-Europe might as well not be there.

I mean, that's never been a rule. We just tended to have multiple threads for stuff.

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I mean, that's never been a rule. We just tended to have multiple threads for stuff.

Wouldn't that be really confusing though?

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wouldn't that be really confusing though?

Not really, always worked before. You just spoke to the people playing the same versions you were.

22 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It was during the Wii era when the versions were often quite different.

Nowadays it's not really the case so multiplatform game threads go in the Nintendo board if there's a Switch version.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

It was during the Wii era when the versions were often quite different.

Nowadays it's not really the case so multiplatform game threads go in the Nintendo board if there's a Switch version.

I think it was also when the Nintendo section of this forum was a very hostile place and a lot of people stopped going into it. Nowadays that's just any thread with a Sheikah and Ronnie argument happening :p

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This game is a lot of fun, everything about it is just fantastic. Sorry I had to drop out just now @Glen-i hopefully we can play again later 

Anyway, back to the game. I might pick it up tonight on Steam. Looks like one that should fit well with my Steam Deck.

6 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

This game is a lot of fun, everything about it is just fantastic. Sorry I had to drop out just now @Glen-i hopefully we can play again later 

Yeah, it's amazing! Loads of fun! And that was only with 2 people! Imagine a full group!

Hope you don't mind that I put it on Chill difficulty, just wanted to get to grips with the controls.

I noticed after you left that my April was still at level 0, so I think those level up bonuses you got for April has likely stayed on your file.

Nice to see there's progress even if you join someone else's game.

EDIT: Worth checking out the move list on the pause menu, some special co-op moves you can do are listed there.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Hope you don't mind that I put it on Chill difficulty, just wanted to get to grips with the controls.

No not at all, I was playing it on Chill myself before joining you for the same reasons. 

It seems the collectibles we found have saved in my file as well as yours. I hadn’t collected any of the diary’s on my solo run before hand but now it’s completed, so that’s pretty handy.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

but I do like the look of the trophy list.

I think I should get an actual trophy for unlocking this:

uEDgQdS.jpg

...as my very first trophy. :laughing:

Anyway, played through a few stages (and obtained some less embarrassing achievements :heh:) the game is unsurprisingly very fun, and the nostalgia is off the scale. I love how there are so many throwbacks to the old games, like chucking enemies towards the screen, and those funny animations when you fall down holes or get a little robot stuck on you. :grin:
Soundtrack is also ludicrously good, as expected with Tee Lopes being involved. :cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It dawned on me that the game uses just the right number of buttons that you can use the SNES controller perfectly well with this game.

That was definitely done on purpose.

• Like 2

Just an addition to the thread thing from yesterday as the Crisis Core thread made me think of it. If we are going to start putting multiformat games into the Nintendo section then we at least need to list their platforms in the thread title.

21 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Just an addition to the thread thing from yesterday as the Crisis Core thread made me think of it. If we are going to start putting multiformat games into the Nintendo section then we at least need to list their platforms in the thread title.

Add them as tags.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Add them as tags.

Why have I never thought of that before!?

I downloaded this on Game Pass last night and played co-op with @LegoMan1031 

It was a buggy mess. Not sure if that was either one of our internets (bad connection), or just the game itself? 

We had drop in and out, where my character would disappear yet still be on screen in the other players game. I had the level start screen appear 5 times during one level out of nowhere and it just kept adding me back where I was already at. So that was weird. 

Really enjoyed the first 5 levels though! 

5 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I downloaded this on Game Pass last night and played co-op with @LegoMan1031 

It was a buggy mess. Not sure if that was either one of our internets (bad connection), or just the game itself? 

We had drop in and out, where my character would disappear yet still be on screen in the other players game. I had the level start screen appear 5 times during one level out of nowhere and it just kept adding me back where I was already at. So that was weird. 

Really enjoyed the first 5 levels though! 

I've heard the XBox version has been having quite a few issues with online play.

All I can say is I have had no issues.

I’ve not tried online play yet (am playing via Game Pass on PC) as I want to do a complete solo playthrough first.
6 player mode must be bonkers though. :laughing: Looking forward to checking it out.

As for bugs (apart from the ones you collect in the game :p) the only issue that I’ve encountered so far was the scrolling getting stuck for about a minute one time. :hehe: I was just going to restart the stage, but a bit of freaking out on the right edge of the screen eventually got it moving again. Guess an enemy was just being shy. :heh:

Decided on the Switch version last night, mostly because i have a few more friends on Switch who'll be interested in co-op play than on PS4.  Played the first 2 levels, and i'm loving it.  Lot's of nostalgia.  Loved the notes where the boss flashes red when their health is getting low, as it was in the 80's and 90's games.

Sign in to follow this