NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (Switch, PS4, Xbox, PC)

That looks incredible. Dotemu? without me googling. They were involved in developing Streets of Rage 4 weren't they?

6 minutes ago, lostmario said:

That looks incredible. Dotemu? without me googling. They were involved in developing Streets of Rage 4 weren't they?

Yeah, they were involved with SOR4.

200.gif

This looks incredible. Dotemu have more than proven their worth to me. Easy day 1 purchase!
So pleased to see the beat 'em up genre get its revival having largely missed out on it in the 90s.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

When I saw the throw at 1:17 I knew all was good. Looks like a Turtles in Time 2 and if it is anything close to that (with online coop) this can't go wrong!

• Thanks 1

I came. It looks great.

Should also be out on Switch given Dotemu's history with the platform.

• Thanks 1

I don't have much history with the old TMNT videogames, but that opening sequence was stunning. Beautiful. So happy to see the 80s iteration of the turtles making a comeback! Is April playable?

DotEmu was responsible for all of those SNK ports I played a couple months ago. You know, the ones that wouldn't allow me to remap buttons?... But they also were behind the ones that did allow you to remap buttons :p Either way, they're doing their best to keep old games and properties alive and updated, and for that, they have my utmost respect.

• Thanks 1

Well that looks bloody good doesn't it?

Fuck me! PROPER 80's Turtles and all! None of that modern shit! About Goddamn time! :D

Gimme!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This looks so much like the Mega Drive game. I played so many hours of that with my cousin!! 

Also day one. 

Genuinely cannot wait for this. DotEmu have garnered enough good will from me to go in blind on day 1 with this game. 

Playable April confirmed, complete with hilarious mic drop!

Pleasantly surprised, wasn't expecting more then the Turtles.

Splinter's totally gonna be in.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

I wonder if they're going to announce Splinter as the art of the characters at the end looks unbalanced now. Feel like Splinter would fit in nicely on the left. 

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

I wonder if they're going to announce Splinter as the art of the characters at the end looks unbalanced now. Feel like Splinter would fit in nicely on the left. 

Yeah, I was thinking a similar thing.

I'm thinking that those 6 will be the characters available from the start (and thus, used in the artwork), and if there's any more, it'll be through unlockables or DLC.

BTW, meaning to ask, why is this thread in Other Consoles when we know a Switch version is coming?

Edited by Glen-i

New trailer, including a not-so-surprisingly character reveal...

And more gameplay from PS Underground:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely worthy of a bump. Even if it means I have to once again ask why this isn't on the Nintendo board, but...

The four turtles having their original voices is great! Unfortunately, Shredder won't for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

It's still on this board!? I literally have it preloaded on my Switch this very moment!

Anyway... This is out this afternoon. I've already got it, but would anyone else getting it on Switch be up for an N-E co-op session at any time that isn't 8pm?

Initial feedback for this game sounds great. Can't wait to play it!

Launch price is a bit too high for me... but lets see how long I hold off :p

I loved TMNT II: The Arcade Game on the NES when I was a kid, even if I never did beat it...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Initial feedback for this game sounds great. Can't wait to play it!

Launch price is a bit too high for me... but lets see how long I hold off :p

I loved TMNT II: The Arcade Game on the NES when I was a kid, even if I never did beat it...

I'm gonna assume you did this, so...

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's still on this board!?

May I ask what the problem was?

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

May I ask what the problem was?

Generally, when a multi platform game includes a Nintendo platform, it should go on the Nintendo board.

Otherwise, the "N" in N-Europe might as well not be there.

26 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Generally, when a multi platform game includes a Nintendo platform, it should go on the Nintendo board.

Otherwise, the "N" in N-Europe might as well not be there.

To give some context, I don't think it was posted on the Nintendo board initially as, if I'm remembering correctly, it was generically slated as coming to "PC and consoles" when first revealed in all of DotEmu's descriptions and press release for the game, but no specific mention of the Switch (supported by the mention earlier in this thread by @MindFreak that it should be coming to Switch based on DotEmu's past work). I don't think a Switch version was properly confirmed until the Indie World Presentation a month later? 

But oh well, it's been moved now :p I'll be waiting to play the Cowabunga Collection before I think about diving into this, but for those that are diving in, seems like a mid-year Christmas for you, so:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95284d4d2f39dc975a22

Edited by Julius

Sign in to follow this