NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

GQTDM: #7 Who is Bowser Jr's Mother?

Who is Bowser Jr's Mother?  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is Bowser Jr's Mother?

• Peach, and she needs to pay all that child support she missed.
    • It's someone else, let's face it, Bowser could have any Koopa he wants.
    • Shigeru Miyamoto, because I'm an idiot who took that one comment he said way too literally.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/21 at 12:00 AM

This is Gaming Questions That Don't Matter, a pointless set of threads where I ask pointless questions about pointless games pointlessly.

This week's question revolves around Super Mario Sunshine, specifically one of the new characters introduced in that game.

752150bf413ff08e936097f2620aeb0f.jpg

That's Bowser Jr. As the name implies, he's Bowser's son. In Mario Sunshine, Bowser tells him that Peach is his mother and that Mario is the lowlife scum that has kidnapped her.

So, impressionable Bow J uses a paintbrush that Professor E. Gadd gave him (No, I have no idea why) to disguise himself as Mario, paint graffiti all over Isle Delfino and get the real Mario arrested.

Doesn't work, thanks to Mario being allowed to run around the island and clean up the mess.

Which eventually leads to this cutscene.

Boy, that was something, alright.

Now, the first thing that most people would think is that Bowser is a big liar and he's using his son in order to get Peach all to himself. It's definitely not his best dad moment, that's for sure. Sunshine's ending definitely has hints that this is the case.

But, there's just a couple of things about the whole affair that still bugs me to this day.

During the ending, Bowser attempts to tell his son "something difficult about Princess Peach" only to get interrupted by Junior saying he knows Peach isn't his real mum. Bowser never actually confirms it, he seems content to let Junior think that. Or he got distracted by the immense pride he felt when his kid tells him he wants to fight Mario again.

I don't care what you say, it's a cute moment.

Of course, that's assuming a lot of things. There's something a lot more damning, and it's in the video I posted above. Peach doesn't even attempt to deny Bowser Jr's claims! The most you get out of her is some mild surprise that she's being called Mama Peach.

Her lack of denial raises so many doubts that I can't rule out that maybe Bowser was telling the truth? (About Junior's parentage. Not the kidnapping, he was defo lying about that)

So what do you think? Was Bowser being ridiculous and delusional? Or is Peach a deadbeat mum that ditched her son at the first opportunity?

Best not think of the logistics of how that coupling would even work...

Bowser Jr is the son of Bowser and his second missus (another koopa). However, Bowser Jr's mother was banished (or killed...who knows?) right after his birth.

This is because Bowser had a wife that divorced him. She used his actions of kidnapping Peach against him in court, so she kept full custody of all seven of their kids. Sometimes they sneak out to aid Bowser, but he's legally not allowed to address them as hid kids anymore. 

With Bowser Jr's mother out of the picture, he doesn't need to worry about losing him as he did his previous kids.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It seems like Bowser really was going to reveal Peach wasn't Jr.'s mother. She's either dead or on bad terms with Bowser (see Cube's excellent theory above), so when rasing his kid, Bowser used that Bowsette crown to make it look like his "mama" is around. At some point, instead of having a proper talk about the subject, he just said "She's... uuhhh... been kidnapped. Yeah". Junior then looked at Peach and drew his own conclusions.

After spending some time with Peach in Sunshine, he concluded this can't be his mama, the behaviour and mannerisms are all wrong. To this day, Junior still thinks his real mother looks just like Peach, but she's being held somewhere.

The real question is, why Peach's mild surprise? I'm thinking she got freaky in her youth, and now has a few bastards running around. She merely asked herself "Is this one of them? I'll hear more before blurting out too much". Turned out to not be the case, and really, her latest boy-toy Mario needs not hear of such things.

• Haha 2

Peach definitely seems the kind to get around... I mean, she lets just about anybody "kidnap" her!

But of course, we all know that Miyamoto is his real mum; he even said so himself!

Have to admit though, I did always like the idea of Kammy from Paper Mario being Bowser's floozy...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Have to admit though, I did always like the idea of Kammy from Paper Mario being Bowser's floozy...

I mean, Paper World has been established as an alternate universe officially, so who's to say that can't be the case with Paper Bowser?

EDIT: The rest of your post suddenly reminded me of Pit's Conspiracy Theory about Daisy.

Edited by Glen-i

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, Paper World has been established as an alternate universe officially, so who's to say that can't be the case with Paper Bowser?

Oh bloody hell! I forgot about that!

Wait... does that mean that Bowser Jr and Paper Bowser Jr potentially have two entierly different mothers? In which case... how do they look so similar!?

Surely Peach can't be SUCH a floozy that both her AND her Paper counterpart just so happened to get it on with each respective Bowser!?

In that case? It's gotta be Miyamoto himself... Which means... THERE'S A PAPER MIYAMOTO SOMEWHERE OUT THERE!!!

Edited by Dcubed

Just now, Dcubed said:

Oh bloody hell! I forgot about that!

Wait... does that mean that Bowser Jr and Paper Bowser Jr potentially have two entierly different mothers? In which case... how do they look so similar!?

Surely Peach can't be SUCH a floozy that both her AND her Paper counterpart just so happened to get it on with each respective Bowser!?

If anything, Paper Peach could be even worse! She is not above using TEC's feelings for her to get what she wants, sending e-mails to Paper Mario.

• Haha 1

Bowser spikebacked Peach and she's the mother. It is what it is, we don't talk about it.

20 minutes ago, bob said:

Surely it's Bowsette.

Nuh-uh, you're not bringing that stupid meme here. 

And also, you're claiming that Bowser is both parents by saying that.

Yeah, like Cartman.

13 hours ago, bob said:
13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, like Cartman.

Wasn't that retconned?

Sign in to follow this