NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2021: Digital Edition, TGA's 2021 & other 2021 events

Damn, that looked fantastic! And a release date as well. Never gotten into a Fromsoft title properly but that really has piqued my interest.

Day of the Devs stream starting now, and kicking off with Axiom Verge 2. Always love watching Day of the Devs, always a good mix of indie titles from around the world.

Edited by Ganepark32

Yeah, fantastic trailer for Elden Ring! 

Also we basically get to ride Yakul from Princess Mononoke and that pumps my hype even further :bouncy:

Axiom Verge 2 confirmed for PS4 and PS5. Hell yes. Loved the first one and the second looks great. Really interesting idea that you can bypass bosses and can finish the game by literally just hacking enemies and not fighting. Should be interesting.

Annapurna Interactive are doing a showcase of their currently slate of titles set to take place on July 29th. Looks like they'll be showing off more Solar Ash, The Last Stop (Coming in July 22nd) and Stray so one to add to the diary for those interested.

Also, if you're an indie game fan, I wholeheartedly recommend watching the Day of the Devs stream rather followed Keighley's Kickoff show. Its been fantastic. Indie games from all over the world and they all look fantastic. Definitely seek it out and give it a watch.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 2

Yeah +1 for Day of the Devs it was awesome, so many good indies. Go check it out if you left the stream after Summer Game Fest.

Annapurna Showcase as mentioned by @Ganepark32

Edited by Map

Thankfully I watched the Summer Game Fest opener on a delay so I could skip through everything I wasn't interested in... which basically amounted to about 99% of it. Everything just seemed so samey.

Also, I really don't get the hype around Kojima ::shrug:. But pleased for those that do I guess. 

Planet of Lana looked great at least. Sort of Ori meets Flashback/Another World?

Day of the Devs afterwards was fantastic too, tons of brilliant and DIFFERENT looking games.

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Am I the only one that thinks Solar Ash seems to be having a tough time showing itself off?

It looks nice, but today it was just pressing R1 a bunch, and I don't remember it looking particularly great last time it was shown either ::shrug:

Yeah really not feeling it at all. Shame cause like you say it looks nice.

Edited by Ronnie

I thought the show started pretty strongly: Metal Slug Tactics looked great with its pixel art and trailer animation, the Sable footage with Japanese Breakfast singing over it looked great, seeing a couple of indies from PlayStation was good in Chicory and Salt and Sacrifice, and Solar Ash (though I think it showed pretty poorly).

But I have to talk about the trailer for Death Stranding's Metal Gear Expansion Director's Cut. Kojima you mad man with the trolling - had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! The layout, the air vent, the cardboard box, the oranges - so much MGS stuff for it to just be a Director's Cut reveal, I was laughing my ass off. I haven't played Death Stranding so wasn't sure at first if it was a scene from the game, but it very quickly became apparent that it wasn't. I know there have been rumours (more wishes so far in my opinion) about Bluepoint remaking Metal Gear Solid, but maybe @Hero-of-Time or @drahkon can clear this up for me: is that box that says 'FRAGILE' on it in the game? Because to let my mind run crazy with speculation for a second: the box is by far the main focus of the trailer, and is the last thing we see, and it says 'HANDLED WITH LOVE - FRAGILE - EXPRESS' and shows two skeleton hands seemingly passing the fragile thing over / holding it up. Is this trailer Kojima reaffirming that he is done with Metal Gear but happy to pass off Metal Gear - the 'FRAGILE' thing - to a team ready to handle it with 'LOVE'? Maybe I'm crazy, but that's how I'm going to read that trailer. And hell, take my crazy speculation out of it, and I still think it was a really fun trailer and look forward to checking out the Director's Cut when I do get around to playing the game, really think Kojima could do a lot of interesting things with the adaptive triggers! 

I feel like the show kind of dropped off for a good 10 games or so, and feel like it seems to be a running theme with Geoff's shows: fairly strong start out of the gate before tailing off rather quickly in the middle. However, the triple hitter of Tales of Arise (which still looks gorgeous), Sky: Children of the Light (which also looks fantastic and now finally has a release date!) and Planet of Lana (unfortunately for me an Xbox console exclusive) quickly raised my hopes in the middle of the show...before it all came crashing down again and fizzled out until the epic trailer for Elden Ring. That's the point where it felt like this was an opener for E3. 

There was just so much waffling on, a lot of MMO's which never show off particularly well at these sorts of things, and a lot of cross-brand stuff going on too (Smite x Stranger Things, Fall Guys x NieR - which was funny - and Rocket League x F&F), with what felt like blink-and-you'll-miss-it teases of other shows and a lot of meaningless updates for games we already knew about. Better luck next time Geoff. 

My Totally Official Score: 6.5/10 (and that's with a +0.5 for both the Death Stranding and Elden Ring trailers)

I did start watching the Day of the Devs stream after it went straight into it after Kickoff ended, thought it was a really smart move to go into that hot off the heels of Elden Ring and with Axiom Verge 2 have a pretty big announcement locked and loaded and ready to go. Unfortunately I ended up caving and started rewatching the Elden Ring trailer instead, but @Ganepark32 and @Map have sold me on it, so I'll probably give it a watch tomorrow morning!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

@Julius The fragile logo is in the game. It’s from the Fragile Express delivery company, although I’m not sure if the ‘handle with care’ line was part of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Julius said:

is that box that says 'FRAGILE' on it in the game? Because to let my mind run crazy with speculation for a second: the box is by far the main focus of the trailer, and is the last thing we see, and it says 'HANDLED WITH LOVE - FRAGILE - EXPRESS' and shows two skeleton hands seemingly passing the fragile thing over / holding it up. Is this trailer Kojima reaffirming that he is done with Metal Gear but happy to pass off Metal Gear - the 'FRAGILE' thing - to a team ready to handle it with 'LOVE'? Maybe I'm crazy, but that's how I'm going to read that trailer.

Kojima is a troll and he got you :p

This doesn't mean that there won't be a MGS remake (I really hope there will be one) but the Death Stranding: Director's Cut trailer is just Kojima trolling (and announcing the Director's Cut).

Edited by drahkon

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Kojima is a troll and he got you :p

This doesn't mean that there won't be a MGS remake (I really hope there will be one) but the Death Stranding: Director's Cut trailer is just Kojima trolling (and announcing the Director's Cut).

ScientificBruisedBarebirdbat-size_restri

(but yeah you're right, hopefully one day though!)

Careful if you don't wanna get spoiled. There seems to be a leak making the rounds regarding some games that will be shown at E3.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Julius said:

(but yeah you're right, hopefully one day though!)

I mean, the trailer clearly shows Norman Reedus picking up a physical representation of MGS, playing a bit with it, wondering if he should choose it, but ultimately refusing it, before literally shelving it and deciding to do something else instead.

The symbolism is real, but what's there may not be what you want it to be

Anyone interested in seeing another succinct and interesting slate of indie titles, the Tribeca Games Spotlight was streamed earlier today focusing on 8 indie titles:

The likes of Sable and 12 Minutes are well established by now but getting to see games like Harold Halibut, another beautiful stop motion game to run alongside Vokabulantis, was fantastic. Also getting to see more of Kena in motion was great, though the combat and traversal mechanics don't look as fluid as I'd hope. Still well worth a watch, it is an hour but the 8 games are all superb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to make a prediction for a game that will get announced at E3.

It will be a game where you have to collect the fifteen plot McGuffins, defeat Sephiroth, ring the two Bells of Awakening, collect the seven Chaos Emeralds, catch Mewtwo, get revenge on the Mechon, defeat the sixteen colossi and then go on to destroy all machine lifeforms, do a barrel roll, find Captain Qwark and also find the Door to the Light while you're at it, spare Asgore, escape Deepnest, find the stolen banana horde and also Coco's missing laptop battery, remember all the lines for an opera, find the legendary Master Sword, Soul Edge and the X-Blade, save Yonah and then also save Peach and Zelda while you're at it, exterminate all the Metroids, find the inverted castle and also the location of the Architect and the three dreamers, protect Kamiki Village, turn the game console off now, defeat Bowser, Ganon, Ridley, King K. Rool, Orochi, Kefka, Flowey, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Neferious, Gwyn, the Hollow Knight, Sans, Dracula, Malos, Mother Brain, Big Boss, Xehanort, Dr. Wily, King Dedede, the Enchantress, Mustache Girl, Andross, Lord Brevon, Grand Master Luxard and his Sony PSVita and the Shadowlord and become the Pokemon League Champion.

And if you want to do all that plus receive exclusive in-game content, you can buy our premium season Battle Pass Plus for the low low price of $199.99

It's going to be the hardest game ever!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Aperson said:

It will be a game where you have to collect the fifteen plot McGuffins, defeat Sephiroth, ring the two Bells of Awakening, collect the seven Chaos Emeralds, catch Mewtwo, get revenge on the Mechon, defeat the sixteen colossi and then go on to destroy all machine lifeforms, do a barrel roll, find Captain Qwark and also find the Door to the Light while you're at it, spare Asgore, escape Deepnest, find the stolen banana horde and also Coco's missing laptop battery, remember all the lines for an opera, find the legendary Master Sword, Soul Edge and the X-Blade, save Yonah and then also save Peach and Zelda while you're at it, exterminate all the Metroids, find the inverted castle and also the location of the Architect and the three dreamers, protect Kamiki Village, turn the game console off now, defeat Bowser, Ganon, Ridley, King K. Rool, Orochi, Kefka, Flowey, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Neferious, Gwyn, the Hollow Knight, Sans, Dracula, Malos, Mother Brain, Big Boss, Xehanort, Dr. Wily, King Dedede, the Enchantress, Mustache Girl, Andross, Lord Brevon, Grand Master Luxard and his Sony PSVita and the Shadowlord and become the Pokemon League Champion.

And if you want to do all that plus receive exclusive in-game content, you can buy our premium season Battle Pass Plus for the low low price of $199.99

Someone's going to make this in Game Builder Garage right now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Someone's going to make this in Game Builder Garage right now.

Good luck getting all the resources to look right together, there's about 27 different game series referenced in there!

1 minute ago, Aperson said:

Good luck getting all the resources to look right together, there's about 27 different game series referenced in there!

No attempt will be made to make it "look right".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aperson said:

The real question is whether Xbox are acquiring this studio or if PlayStation are paying up for console exclusivity :p

• Haha 1

Just over 20 minutes until E3 proper kicks off with Ubisoft Forward.

Anyone tuning in? And any hopes for what you want to see turn up here? 

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

Just over 20 minutes until E3 proper kicks off with Ubisoft Forward.

Anyone tuning in? And any hopes for what you want to see turn up here? 

What I wanted to see from this seems to be a dead cert now. I’ll have it on in the background while the footy is on.

• Like 1

Wow! This Ubisoft Forward pre-show gameplay footage makes their games look so boring :laughing:

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Wow! This Ubisoft Forward pre-show gameplay footage makes their games look so boring :laughing:

TMNT in Brawlhalla was a cool thing to have, and You Suck At Parking looks like such a fun time! 

I don't really have any expectations going into this, Ubisoft tends to be a pretty mixed bag at E3, but hopefully there'll be one thing I can latch onto and come away from this wanting. 

Sign in to follow this