NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2021: Digital Edition, TGA's 2021 & other 2021 events

A Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary stream draws near! :bouncy:

And yes, there will be an English stream (though it's at the ungodly time of 04:30 BST on 27th May for us):

For the first time in DRAGON QUEST history, the show will feature live interpretation from Japanese, so that our international fans can stay up-to-date with developments in the DRAGON QUEST series, too. Don’t miss it, or you’ll miss out!

Dragon Quest XII news? An update on that new Monsters game? An update on Infinity Strash? PORTS?!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3

"Don't miss it, or you'll miss it!" Best marketing tagline

Anyway, I'll be hoping for a rerelease of the SNES games on Switch. Maybe DQIX as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

"Don't miss it, or you'll miss it!" Best marketing tagline

Anyway, I'll be hoping for a rerelease of the SNES games on Switch. Maybe DQIX as well.

Yeah, IV - VI are only going up in price on the resale market these days, so I hope so. 

I've actually had the DS remakes of IV and V sitting on my shelf for over a year now (I picked them up when I noticed a bit of a drop in their prices), but I've found myself putting them off as I've wanted to return to VIII. I have it on 3DS, but I find myself less inclined to play a game on a handheld these days (I just prefer a much bigger screen to look at), so would love a Dragon Quest VIII HD, with the QoL improvements of the 3DS version and the orchestral soundtrack, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high on that one. 

Would be nice to get a multiplatform collection of some of the games. I’ve only ever played some of VIII and XI so it’d be nice to try others.

Online portal and app details for E3 have been revealed. From the official site:

portal_announcement_2_lg.jpg

Registration for access to the online E3 portal will be free and begin later this month.

Beginning on June 12, the public version of the online portal will give access to:

• Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
  • Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
  • Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
  • Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
  • Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized

The online E3 2021 portal and app will also feature the E3 live broadcast, with interactive overlays powered by Hovercast. The graphics will be interactive across platforms, including viewer polls, featured tweets, and more. The broadcast will be hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller and feature major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams and special guest appearances.

Prior to June 12, a five-day long media week will utilize the online portal and app to help media gain early access to connect directly with E3 exhibitors. An online calendar tool will allow for scheduling appointments, while also including video conferencing and chat features as needed. Media registration and credentialing will begin later this month.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Summer Game Fest kicks off Thursday 10th June, most notably with PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam in attendance: 

It would be cool if there were some reveals here and then deeper dives from what we see at E3 as they're running alongside each other, like a blown out E3 Coliseum, but why do I feel like we're going to see a lot of overlap? Just my gut feeling, but PlayStation could absolutely just be dropping a launch trailer for Ratchet & Clank, with some developer interviews. 

Should be interesting to see how it pans out, that's for sure, especially going up so directly against E3! 

Edited by Julius

Tweet from Yuji Horii about this week's Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary stream:

Finally, this Thursday, Dragon Quest will celebrate its 35th anniversary. And as you may already know, we will be broadcasting a special 35th anniversary program on that day. In the broadcast, we will be announcing a lot of things to show our gratitude. And of course, we'll be talking about that game... I hope you all enjoy it!

So, uh...XII? :p 

Looking forward to it. Don't know if I'll watch it live, as it's a bit early for us, but I hope they deliver! Fingers crossed all the way for more ports, namely IV - VI and (PLEASE) a HD remaster of VIII for current platforms with the orchestral soundtrack and the bells and whistles from the 3DS version! 

• Like 1

Someone, somewhere, is furiously typing about how "that game" is very clearly Smash Ultimate.

• Haha 1

It seems like a publisher has some leaky pipes ahead of E3 next month. 

The fact that they say it's massively out of character for them in particular pretty much eliminates EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, and Capcom going from the last few years. Navtra has had some bits and pieces of Square Enix and PlayStation info on ResetEra, but never anything quite like this, so, dare I say it...

...is this going to turn out to be Nintendo?

I hope not, as them keeping things under wraps so well is what normally makes their Directs/E3 events so great to see, as there are actual surprises in store. In fact, regardless of who it is, a few weeks out from E3 and other events, I hope it doesn't leak. But I'm struggling to think of any other big publisher that does a great job of keeping things under wraps, besides maybe Sony's first party? But even then, as we saw with the TLOU Remake/Days Gone sequel denial, they don't seem to be totally infallible either. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Apparently the leak is from Square Enix going by what I'm seeing getting passed around. Probably explain the recent talk of a PS exclusive Soulslike Final Fantasy title being announced soon.

Curious if anyone will actually put the things out in the open. Its usually a matter of time before it gets out there so we'll see.

• Thanks 1

There’s basically only three companies it could be (everyone else leaks like a sieve).  It’s either Nintendo, Sony or Square-Enix.

Nintendo not understanding the internet in the era of COVID Lockdown would be the most Nintendo thing imaginable, but for what it’s worth; I’ve not heard anything from my usual sources.

5 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Apparently the leak is from Square Enix going by what I'm seeing getting passed around. Probably explain the recent talk of a PS exclusive Soulslike Final Fantasy title being announced soon.

Curious if anyone will actually put the things out in the open. Its usually a matter of time before it gets out there so we'll see.

Now that I think about it, they had something that was not too dissimilar to this at the start of last year when the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo was torn to shreds months before release, difference obviously being that it was a leaked demo rather than an event. The entire thing was played through and datamined for pretty much all of the full game's content. 

S-E has had things leaking pretty consistently before events since then, so maybe it is them, but the wording of the tweets make it seem like it wouldn't be someone who has been leaking fairly consistently the last few months. I do wonder how much is left that we don't know about now that Final Fantasy Origin (the Soulslike) has seemingly leaked, so I imagine if this is for an E3 event (we still don't know if they're holding their own conference yet which is the only thing giving me pause) that the only thing holding them back from dropping the event now would be the DQ 35th stream later this week and agreements with the ESA. Because I seriously don't think they can have too much to surprise us left, right? 

In terms of FF we know that XVI and XIV Endwalker are on the way, we might start hearing news about more ports ahead of the anniversary next year, VII Remake Pt. 2 is out there somewhere, and then there's the potential for the aforemention Final Fantasy Origin to turn up. 

In terms of Dragon Quest we'll likely hear about XII this week, other ports and updates on previously announced projects (like the new Monsters game) and maybe one or two new titles, but I'd imagine nothing as major as XII, especially not saved for a potential E3 showing. 

And then, what else is there that would be worth holding out on? A new Tomb Raider game will have its fans but its far from their biggest IP, I guess we haven't heard about Babylon's Fall in a while, and at a bit of a stretch, maybe a Kingdom Hearts game? But again, for me, nothing else would seem as big as what we already expect and would be worth holding onto known quantities for. 

It'll be interesting to see who it is regardless. Now give us some E3 event times people :p

Leakers desperate for their 5 minutes of internet fame, so pathetic. Why not respect the f-ing hard work devs and publishers put into making games and 1. let them reveal their work on their own time and 2. let their fans enjoy the reveals as they're supposed to be done.

Selfishly really hoping it's not Nintendo. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Leakers desperate for their 5 minutes of internet fame, so pathetic. Why not respect the f-ing hard work devs and publishers put into making games and 1. let them reveal their work on their own time and 2. let their fans enjoy the reveals as they're supposed to be done.

Selfishly really hoping it's not Nintendo. 

Also selfishly hoping it's not Nintendo. I love that they keep things under wraps and have genuine surprises in store at most of their events. 

It'll suck whoever it is, but if it's Square Enix, for the reasons I outlined above, I don't really think after their most recent leak that it would be too big a deal as we could probably now predict everything that'll be there if they do have an event. So unfortunately I almost feel like it'd be ideal if this was pertaining to them, but the mention of it being out of character doesn't give me much confidence based on the last year or so that it would be them and not Nintendo or Sony. 

And agreed on leakers. I even thought about not sharing it here so as to not highlight them, but we're fans of games and like talking about them, so I guess there's only so much that can be put on us when it comes to discussing these things; the onus and guilt should be on those spoiling things for the fans and the teams working on these games. 

If (when? :() the leak makes its way out (especially with it apparently containing assets and trailers from an event), so long as it's thrown behind a spoiler tag on here so as to not spoil things for anyone else, I guess those that don't mind can have it, that's pretty much all that I feel we can do. 

But yeah, it sucks. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Jeff Grubb has stated that MS should soon be officially announcing when their E3 show will take place. He said it looks be airing on 13th June.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sega is having a Sonic stream this week.

Step aside E3! May 27th should be made a public holiday at this rate :laughing: wake up to Dragon Quest news, come off of work to Sonic news, and have a nice chill evening with Dying Light 2 and Horizon. 

My expectations for E3 proper might have just gone up :p

• Haha 1

New Unreal Engine 5 demo with Geoff Keighley, following on from last year's, to show the engine off in early access:

3 minutes ago, Map said:

Pre E3 continues

This week has been pretty crazy in terms of news! 

Feels like a proper pre-E3 season. Now, where are those Walmart leaks? :p

• Haha 3

Nice to see Microsoft sticking to tradition :D 

Would sure be nice if Nintendo & Sony followed suit...

Edited by Dcubed

Looking forward to it, think Microsoft might have a lot to share.

2 minutes ago, Map said:

Looking forward to it, think Microsoft might have a lot to share.

Indeed. I’m hoping Halo has a strong showing. I really want the series to return to its past glory....

Apparently Hellblade 2 will not be shown at the show.

Sign in to follow this