NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2021: Digital Edition, TGA's 2021 & other 2021 events

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

TMNT in Brawlhalla was a cool thing to have, and You Suck At Parking looks like such a fun time! 

I don't really have any expectations going into this, Ubisoft tends to be a pretty mixed bag at E3, but hopefully there'll be one thing I can latch onto and come away from this wanting. 

I think he was referring to the in-between bits of characters slowly walking through miles of nothing.

I really don't like the Ubisoft Original branding. Gives off way too much of an EA Originals vibe for me, feels like they're inadvertently cheapening their games' first showing. 

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I think he was referring to the in-between bits of characters slowly walking through miles of nothing.

You mean the best part of E3 so far? 

:p

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Julius said:

I really don't like the Ubisoft Original branding. Gives off way too much of an EA Originals vibe for me, feels like they're inadvertently cheapening their games' first showing. 

You mean the best part of E3 so far? 

:p

Personally I’m more annoyed by the lack of an “n” in the “A Ubisoft Original” branding...

Triggering my internal grammar nazi!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Personally I’m more annoyed by the lack of an “n” in the “A Ubisoft Original” branding...

Just want to jump in and confirm that I hate this as well.

Edited by Glen-i

It depends how you pronounce it.

If you say "You-be-soft", it doesn't need one, as the start sound is a consenant. 

"Oo-be-soft" would need one though.

A/an goes off the sound, not the spelling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Isn't it based on sound rather than spelling though? For instance, you'd say "a uniform" rather than "an uniform".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goafer said:

It depends how you pronounce it.

If you say "You-be-soft", it doesn't need one, as the start sound is a consenant. 

"Oo-be-soft" would need one though.

A/an goes off the sound, not the spelling.

I mean. Ubisoft staff pronounce it "oo", so that's good enough for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LazyBoy said:

I ain’t watching - anything good so far?

Only if you like Rainbow Six.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean. Ubisoft staff pronounce it "oo", so that's good enough for me.

I wonder if different divisions/regions pronounce it differently? Or maybe their graphics guy pronounced it "You" and no one checked.

Kind of want to know the definitive pronunciation now, as clearly there's different opinions within their teams if someone put just an a.

Edited by Goafer

Just now, Goafer said:

I wonder if different divisions/regions pronounce it differently? Or maybe their graphics guy pronounced it "You" and no one checked.

Kind of want to know the definitive pronunciation now, as clearly there's different opinions within their teams of someone put just an a.

Pretty sure I’ve heard it both ways from Ubisoft staff. It’s similar to Mojang being pronounced differently at the MS conference year to year.

• Like 1

Who I’m kidding, it’s only BG&E2 I give a shit about and that ain’t happening.

Just now, Goafer said:

Kind of want to know the definitive pronunciation now, as clearly there's different opinions within their teams if someone put just an a.

Seems like the French staff typically start it "OO" and the English "YOU". 

Isn't the origin of Ubisoft's name that it's software is "ubiquitous", though? So that would be "a ubiquitous" rather than "an ubiquitous", but now I'm questioning how the French pronounce "ubiquitous"...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another year, another garbage show by Ubisoft.

There wasn't even an unnecessary dance number...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another year, another garbage show by Ubisoft.

At least we've got Devolver to save the opening day in around 20 minutes!

As soon as they said they had an updated version of Snowdrop to show off, I'll admit that against all logic for a few seconds there I thought we were going to see a short tease of their upcoming Star Wars game.

Unfortunately that little blue lizard and the amount of trees quickly pulled me out of that fantasy :( but I am still genuinely surprised that the Avatar game lives, and even more so that we saw a trailer for the game before the next film.

Ha ha! They just decided to rehost some random Fire Emblem Three Houses live-streamer and they’ve just realised that they’ve been rehosted with a MASSIVE jump in viewers! :laughing:

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Ha ha! They just decided to rehost some random Fire Emblem Three Houses live-streamer and they’ve just realised that they’ve been rehosted with a MASSIVE jump in viewers! :laughing:

This is amazing! It's just Fire Emblem: Three Houses and some poor guy who has multiplied his viewers tenfold!

He's taking it really well! Mad respect!

EDIT: "Who's your favourite Fire Emblem character? They'll be in the next Devolver Digital game!"

I'm dying of laughter!

Edited by Glen-i

Sign in to follow this