NEurope
Ash

Another budget Laptop Thread

I wanted to see the recommendtions that was over at Cube Europe, but its been deleted so i cant, and im sorry to post this another time, basiccally i have a budget off £950/£1000 and i want the best laptop for that price, i CAN NOT go over the £1000 mark, it will be used at home, and will be used like most desktop PC's, has to be wireless, so i can connect to the internet, Graphics are not a major problem, but would like a large screen and a good battery life, not like the one i got now (about an hour tops), would like it small (thin) and light. thanks

Edit: i like the look of this one:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Samsung_Notebooks.html

Samsung X20 HVM 750 Laptop - XP Pro (LT-006-SA)

The £995 one, any good?

I dont know much about good value for laptops but that laptop will preform ok but if it is possible to get a modle without the ddr2 memory then i would cause you only really benifit from ddr2 with graphics which you said you are not too pushed about.

Yeah that does look nice, is it small? and what is the battery life like? i do like that one one, is that the model you got?

I dont really get on with Mac, i would perfer to stick with Windows, i thought AMD was very good in a laptop?

Yea, Pentium M is supposedly the granddaddy of all laptop processors. You should get a half decent one for under a grand. I'm sure Laptops Direct will sort you out.

Amd processors are very good but it seems at the moment that pentium ms are slightly betteralthough are are very unreasonable priced!