NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl (19th November 2021)

Sorry @Glen-i, I just got back! 

I'm now free for the rest of the day though, so if you're still available, ready whenever you are :peace: how do you want to go about it for the -rizer trade evolutions? 

37 minutes ago, Julius said:

Sorry @Glen-i, I just got back! 

I'm now free for the rest of the day though, so if you're still available, ready whenever you are :peace: how do you want to go about it for the -rizer trade evolutions? 

No problem, I'm still here.

I take it you don't have an Electivire Dexed? If that's the case, then a trade-back might be the way to go.

I already have a Magmortar though, so I'm also OK with just doing one trade and keeping the Electivire with you keeping the Magmortar

Or you can have both. Like I said, I already have a Magmortar, and I'm only interested in filling the Dex.

And then I'll give you the Yanma for whatever trade fodder you have.

Anyway, I'll be online in about 10-15 minutes once I save in FF 13-2.

EDIT: Oh right, yeah. Code. 1638-4387

Edited by Glen-i

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

No problem, I'm still here.

I take it you don't have an Electivire Dexed? If that's the case, then a trade-back might be the way to go.

I already have a Magmortar though, so I'm also OK with just doing one trade and keeping the Electivire with you keeping the Magmortar

Or you can have both. Like I said, I already have a Magmortar, and I'm only interested in filling the Dex.

And then I'll give you the Yanma for whatever trade fodder you have.

Anyway, I'll be online in about 10-15 minutes once I save in FF 13-2.

I have an Electivire from the last time we did trade and trade back evolutions, so do you already have it in the Dex? I'll need both for my Sinnoh Living Dex which I'm trying to do with my own OT's (sorry to be really awkward!). 

If you want an Electivire and you've evolved Elekid into Electabuzz I suppose we could trade your Electabuzz for my Magmar, each attach our respective game's -rizers, and then trade them back to evolve them? Or if you haven't I do have a spare Electabuzz I could send over with the Electirizer so you have its evolved form? 

17 minutes ago, Julius said:

If you want an Electivire and you've evolved Elekid into Electabuzz I suppose we could trade your Electabuzz for my Magmar, each attach our respective game's -rizers, and then trade them back to evolve them? Or if you haven't I do have a spare Electabuzz I could send over with the Electirizer so you have its evolved form? 

If you have a spare Electirizer, then sure, I can send over an Electabuzz.

That works for me.

Anyway, going online now.

Edited by Glen-i

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you have a spare Electirizer, then sure, I can send over an Electabuzz.

That works for me.

Anyway, going online now.

Cool, I'm just loading up :peace:

(also how have I not mentioned it before? That black screen before the opening starts is loooooong!)

Just now, Julius said:

Cool, I'm just loading up :peace:

(also how have I not mentioned it before? That black screen before the opening starts is loooooong!)

Yeah, compared to Sword/Shield, it feels glacial. But I imagine that it's loading a lot of assets that the DS level design demands.

Thankfully, all the other loading is quick.

Yeah, compared to Sword/Shield, it feels glacial. But I imagine that it's loading a lot of assets that the DS level design demands.

Thankfully, all the other loading is quick.

Yeah, that could be the case! Game is very snappy elsewhere. 

Grabbed a Link Code, it's 11235813 again :peace:

• Like 1

Ah, some random Japanese person has infiltrated the room!

Gonna need a different code.

Edited by Glen-i

Ah, some random Japanese person has infiltrated the room!

*shakes fist*

Let me grab another, two secs!

EDIT: It's 21345589

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Hello? @Julius? Have you gone into the broom closet and died?

Attention, anyone in the vicinity of @Julius, kindly move his corpse and trade that Electabuzz to me!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Hello? @Julius? Have you gone into the broom closet and died?

Attention, anyone in the vicinity of @Julius, kindly move his corpse and trade that Electabuzz to me!

Haha, really sorry about that! 

Internet started being weird and then we had two deliveries in a row :laughing: 

Back now (or has my corpse been reanimated..?)

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

New Mystery Gift Distribution.

Code is MERRYCHR1STMAS and it gets you some of those rare statue variants. (Pachirisu, Lucario, Electivire, Glaceon, and Rhyperior)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Anyone know if synchronise works on legendaries in these games?

Yes, except Mesprit and Cresselia, seeing as they're roaming Pokémon.

• Thanks 1

This is by far the most confusing Pokémon gsme I've ever played. It's the only entry in the series I never actually bought, as that was around the time I fell out with Pokémon in general. 

Playing Brilliant Diamond all I have done is consult a guide about where to go next. The path to follow after gym 4 is so unclear it's crazy. 

And there are SO many battle encounters literally everywhere. My Pokémon are level 36 and I'm now going into areas with Pokémon at level 20-25. It's making it all a bit easy. 

Ill stick with it, but this could be one of the worst in the series for me. 

Beat Cynthia yesterday.

y4mckb_qB0IdQTFKgzfi4RZOgW-ZJ2Vt7eD-CD2A

Poor Floatzel had to take a lot of scalds from Milotic while I healed up my team. Nothing really handled her Spiritomb very well, which also hits harder than it should. Intimidate was super useful against Garchomp.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

This is by far the most confusing Pokémon gsme I've ever played. It's the only entry in the series I never actually bought, as that was around the time I fell out with Pokémon in general. 

Playing Brilliant Diamond all I have done is consult a guide about where to go next. The path to follow after gym 4 is so unclear it's crazy. 

And there are SO many battle encounters literally everywhere. My Pokémon are level 36 and I'm now going into areas with Pokémon at level 20-25. It's making it all a bit easy. 

Ill stick with it, but this could be one of the worst in the series for me.

Be thankful the Town Map shows you your next destination, DS players did not have that luxury.

A lot of people getting lost in Sinnoh was the most likely reason Unova ended up being more straightforward as far as the critical path went (Still plenty of side areas though).

I think Gen 5 struck a good balance with it's map complexity, pity it went too far in the straightforward direction after the jump to full 3D.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Be thankful the Town Map shows you your next destination, DS players did not have that luxury.

A lot of people getting lost in Sinnoh was the most likely reason Unova ended up being more straightforward as far as the critical path went (Still plenty of side areas though).

I think Gen 5 struck a good balance with it's map complexity, pity it went too far in the straightforward direction after the jump to full 3D.

It still doesn't help, though. I have strength, but strength is greyed out despite a Pokémon in my party knowing it. So I can't get past the cave to get to celestic town. I apparently now need defog which is obtained by someone in the safari? 

I mean I may have missed something here but why the hell would it be in the bloody safari. 

Anyway, to the safari I go. 

7 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

It still doesn't help, though. I have strength, but strength is greyed out despite a Pokémon in my party knowing it. So I can't get past the cave to get to celestic town. I apparently now need defog which is obtained by someone in the safari? 

I mean I may have missed something here but why the hell would it be in the bloody safari. 

Anyway, to the safari I go. 

Same reason Surf was there in Red/Blue. To get you to go there.

I know it's a mad concept for a Pokémon game these days, but you do get told that Defog is in the Great Marsh by someone in that same town. You gotta chat to people more.

As for Strength? You don't have the necessary badge yet.

Semi-related I've been playing Crystal the last few days (after saying I would months ago) and yeah going back that early is a bit of a culture shock. No running, having to manually change boxes in order to catch Pokémon if it's full and I'm sure other things that made me go "oh wow, they have made some QOL improvements over the decades"

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Same reason Surf was there in Red/Blue. To get you to go there.

I know it's a mad concept for a Pokémon game these days, but you do get told that Defog is in the Great Marsh by someone in that same town. You gotta chat to people more.

As for Strength? You don't have the necessary badge yet.

STUPID. 

:p

6 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

STUPID. 

:p

In all fairness, this is the first Pokémon remake that has gone out of it's way to be so faithful to the original games, for better or worse. It can be a bit of an unexpected departure from modern RPG's that normally make it simple to get to your next goal.