NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl (19th November 2021)

24 minutes ago, Julius said:

Yeah, first place I went to check just to see what they said after seeing everything in the Sinnoh Dex :D great reward, though in handheld mode it sounds awfully...tinny? 

Anyways, haven't been able to play too much this week unfortunately, so will probably spend the weekend focusing on catching more exclusives :peace:

Yeah, it sounds like they recorded it directly from the DS' speakers, it defintely doesn't sound like it's supposed to (I have the official DPP OST release, it's definitely not right here in BDSP; there's basically no bass whatsoever!)

I'm guessing that its been done intentionally to trigger nostalgia for those crappy DS speakers?

Edited by Dcubed

I just completed a Pokemon BDSP survey and for some reason I used one of the feedback boxes to tell them to patch Let's Go with Pro Controller compatibility. xD

E4 defeated! 25 hours play, team between Lv60 and 70: Luxray, Garchomp, Bronzong, Roserade, Gyarados, Rapidash.

The main E4 crew put up a decent fight, but Cynthia defeated me on my first attempt. My Toxic Spikes strategy was no good. xD

I thought I was prepared for Cynthia, but I guess not as well as I thought.

On my second attempt, T-Wave with Luxray, switched to Roserade, Leech Seed, Roserade faints after a turn or two, switch to Gyarados, 5x or 6x Dragon Dance (I lost count), a bit of luck with Paralysis and Gyarados "dodging in time to my shout" and sweep. Although even with all the DD a couple Pokemon still took two hits. But E4 done.

Looking forward to continuing with the post game and then having a good ol attempt at the National Dex. Although I only really care if I get all the ones I don't need to trade for, and consider the trade ones a bonus (although I will have a go at getting them).

After that I might have a go at the battle tower, but tbh I don't know if I can be bothered with the necessary breeding/EV training etc. xD

Although it's certainly not over yet, I am already glad I bought Pokemon Shining Pearl. I hope they do HGSS in this way (as unlikely and random as that may be!).

Huh, DS Sounds actually changes some Pokémon cries to the Gen 4 versions!

Basically, Pikachu and Eevee, so I don't have to listen to their seriously out-of-place voices anymore.

That's legit cool!

Edited by Glen-i

Man, this really is a game of two halves. 

Playing last night I heard their take on Route 228 (Night), and it might be one of the most botched tracks in the game when compared to the original version. 

It actually makes me wince hearing what they did at 0:25. I paused a podcast to walk into the area last night, and at what cost?!

But on the other hand, they nailed Route 228 (Day) and I spent hours exploring a small fraction of the Grand Underground. What they did with the Pokémon Hideaways and having so many rare Pokémon around and visible might be one of my favourite Pokémon-hunting experiences in a Pokémon game, the only real downside seems to be that I'm quickly running out of Poké Balls! 

Got to imagine the resort / Vs. Seeker exploit is still around with how faithful this game is to the originals, so I might need to do some cash farming :laughing:

There’s a super easy way to duplicate items if you’re that way inclined. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

There’s a super easy way to duplicate items if you’re that way inclined. 

Well, that could definitely save me needing to farm cash for more Poké Balls...might have to give it a try :D

Also, re: breeding / exclusives / rare Pokémon, I'm not done getting all of the version exclusive Pokémon yet, but here's what I've got so far and am starting to prep for trading through breeding or catching duplicates: 

Spoiler

Stunky

Murkrow

Seel

Solrock

Growlithe

Dialga (trade and trade back for the Dex entry)

Zangoose

Scyther

Gligar

Ekans

Caterpie

Mawile

Cranidos

Spoiler

Stunky

Zangoose

Solrock

Seel

Mawile

Elekid

Gligar

Murkrow

Cranidos

Scyther

Growlithe

I also have two spare Mean Look Ralts for anyone looking to get an ultimate catching Gallade going (Mean Look / Hypnosis or Thunder Wave / False Swipe / etc.) if anyone is interested. Also up to swap my Ditto with someone else's to make breeding easier for both of us :peace:

@Glen-i I'm in the process of breeding Elekid right now if you're still waiting on one (sorry, I know I've taken a while, so you might already have one?); if you do still need it, do you still want it as an egg? I have Lv. 1 Elekids and an egg too, so either way, if you still need it I've got you covered!

I've seen that the Electirizer is Brilliant Diamond exclusive and can seemingly only be found with a 5% attach rate to Elekid, which I've only come across once in the Grand Underground (walked in and out of the room 10+ times too!), so that could be a pain to get a hold of if that is the case. I might just need to just keep walking in until I find one and then try to duplicate it as Ike shared. 

Edited by Julius
Eggs be hatching and Diamonds Dogs be duplicating

Yep, @Julius, I'm available for trading shenanigans now if you want.

I need to update my list and get an egg of each one.

And yes, swapping Dittos is a fine idea. I'll give you another shout when I'm ready.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, @Julius, I'm available for trading shenanigans now if you want.

I need to update my list and get an egg of each one.

And yes, swapping Dittos is a fine idea. I'll give you another shout when I'm ready.

Cool :peace: did you want them all as eggs, or just the Elekid? As most of mine are already hatched or are freshly caught, so if you do want them all as eggs, I might be a little while :blank: did you want a Mean Look Ralts?

Also got a couple of trade evolutions to trade and trade back too (Dusclops and Rhydon) :D 

26 minutes ago, Julius said:

Cool :peace: did you want them all as eggs, or just the Elekid? As most of mine are already hatched or are freshly caught, so if you do want them all as eggs, I might be a little while :blank: did you want a Mean Look Ralts?

Also got a couple of trade evolutions to trade and trade back too (Dusclops and Rhydon) :D 

Nah, at this point, I don't care about the EXP boost.

There's a lot of trades we need to do, so I think we should have a schedule so we don't lose track. Here's my suggestion.

Start with any trade evolutions. (Dusclops for me, but I'll save the reaper cloth and just use yours to fill my dex)

Palkia/Dialga trade back

Version exclusive extravaganza!

As soon as one of us run out of exclusives (I'm missing three of them), that person should offer the Ditto as a signal, then we finish with a Ditto swap.

Sound good?

I'll open a room with the code 1364 7231 in a few minutes.

Fair warning, the last few version exclusives I have will be in eggs.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, at this point, I don't care about the EXP boost.

There's a lot of trades we need to do, so I think we should have a schedule so we don't lose track. Here's my suggestion.

Start with any trade evolutions. (Dusclops for me)

Palkia/Dialga trade back

Version exclusive extravaganza!

As soon as one of us run out of exclusives (I'm missing three of them), that person should offer the Ditto as a signal, then we finish with a Ditto swap.

Sound good?

I'll open a room with the code 1364 7231 in a few minutes.

Fair warning, the last few version exclusives I have will be in eggs.

Yep, sounds great :peace: my only trade evolutions are Dusclops and Rhydon, so that's cool too. 

I'll be a couple of minutes, just going to sort out a box so I don't lose track :laughing:

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Yep, sounds great :peace: my only trade evolutions are Dusclops and Rhydon, so that's cool too. 

I'll be a couple of minutes, just going to sort out a box so I don't lose track :laughing:

Fair, that's what I did.

And I'll save my Reaper Cloth and just use your Dusknoir to fill my dex.

Oh right, if any Pokémon wants to learn a move, let's just leave it to the other person to decide.

I don't particularly care for the movesets of these Dex fillers.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, if any Pokémon wants to learn a move, let's just leave it to the other person to decide.

I don't particularly care for the movesets of these Dex fillers.

Oh yeah that's fine, these poor things are going to be stuck in the PC a loooooong time :laughing:

Did you seriously use a Master Ball on Dialga!?

Have fun catching Mesprit and Cresselia!

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Did you seriously use a Master Ball on Dialga!?

Have fun catching Mesprit and Cresselia!

Yeah :laughing: I'm trying to catch them in the same Balls I used back on the original Diamond! 

Also, that's what the Mean Look Ralts are for :p

Just now, Julius said:

Yeah :laughing: I'm trying to catch them in the same Balls I used back on the original Diamond! 

Also, that's what the Mean Look Ralts are for :p

Does that actually work? I know X and Y stopped those kind of shenanigans.

Right, I'll hatch those eggs and keep them aside for when you're ready for more trading.

I need to update my Pearly Whites now.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Right, I'll hatch those eggs and keep them aside for when you're ready for more trading.

I need to update my Pearly Whites now.

Awesome, I've got to cross all my fingers for a Porygon to turn up at Trophy Garden and find some Electirizers, but for now it's back down into the mines for me to find those other exclusives! :laughing:

Cheers @Glen-i :peace:

6 minutes ago, Julius said:

Awesome, I've got to cross all my fingers for a Porygon to turn up at Trophy Garden and find some Electirizers, but for now it's back down into the mines for me to find those other exclusives! :laughing:

Cheers @Glen-i :peace:

Wait, did you say Porygon?

Because that's just happens to be what I caught today!

I can breed you one and give you the egg?

21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wait, did you say Porygon?

Because that's just happens to be what I caught today!

I can breed you one and give you the egg?

That would be great if you don't mind! :peace:

Also @Ike I just tested the duplication method you shared and it works like a charm! Definitely going to be helpful in avoiding the Dex evolution grind and to duplicate trade evolution items, thanks for sharing it :D going to make a rule for myself to only use those Rare Candies to evolve Pokémon I'm not going to use (because these post-game battles are proving to be a fun challenge!), but man, as if this game needed something to make it even easier for newcomers. Then again, it gets rid of the need to grind out the post-game, which might be nice. 

Oh the sweet, sweet irony of the last Pokémon game I cheated in also being the first one I cheated in, with a friend's Action Replay months after we'd all finished the original Diamond & Pearl, and the remakes being the next one's I could potentially now go for 999 Rare Candies in. 

EvilGrotesqueAndeancondor-max-1mb.gif

Doubt I'll need that many, but this takes me back for sure :laughing: