NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl (19th November 2021)

3 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Sorry @Glen-i I have some time now if you want.

No problem, I gave the Misdreavus to Julius, so I'll breed you another one.

I'll give you a shout in a few minutes.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

No problem, I gave the Misdreavus to Julius, so I'll breed you another one.

I'll give you a shout in a few minutes.

Do you want a Murkrow egg or just a female one, unless you just want it for the Pokedex?

Great news! @Ugh first aid got a Feebas!

So thanks to my Ditto, I can get more for anyone who wants one. (Considering how insanely difficult they are to get, my bet is that's everyone)

I'm offline until Thursday though, so you'll have to wait until then. Beats possibly wasting an entire day fishing though!

It's a new page, so I'm gonna update my Pearl exclusives list and post them here. Along with the Diamond exclusives I still need.

Spoiler

Weedle

Sandshrew

Vulpix

Slowpoke

Magby

Pinsir

Misdreavus

Teddiursa

Stantler

Lotad

Sableye

Seviper

Lunatone

Bagon

Shieldon

Glameow

Palkia (Only accepting trade-backs with a Dialga)

Spoiler

Caterpie

Ekans

Seedot

Kecleon

You don't have to give me one of those four for a Pearl exclusive. I can get infinite of them thanks to Ditto, but it'd be mighty swell if you did. (Especially the fourth one)

Edited by Glen-i
Added Stantler to my Pearl Exclusives

@Glen-i I've got the remaining four exclusives you need hatched and ready to trade for Thursday: Caterpie, Ekans, Seedot and Kecleon. I'll keep them to the side for you :peace: will also have a few trade evolutions to do when the time comes too, which could help with your Dex also: Graveler, Machoke, and Porygon > Porygon2 > Porygon-Z (I have a few Upgrades and Dubious Discs ready for that one). 

The Ditto trade is definitely helping because there are now eggs popping out of these Pokémon I'm breeding like Catholic rabbits :laughing:

So I've got all of the non-legendary exclusives apart from Larvitar ready to go, if anyone else needs them / wants them earlier in the game: 

Spoiler

Stunky

Murkrow

Seel

Solrock

Growlithe

Dialga (trade and trade back for the Dex entry)

Zangoose

Scyther

Gligar

Ekans

Caterpie

Mawile

Cranidos

Kecleon

Seedot

Caterpie

Ekans

Spoiler

Stantler

Seviper

Bagon

Shieldon

Glameow

In terms of rare Pokémon, a Feebas would be greatly appreciated, and I'm also looking for a Yanma if anyone manages to get one at the Great Marsh (I've had no luck so far). I'll also need a Magmarizer to evolve Magmar, though it's a pain to find (seems like the only place to find it is in the Grand Underground with a 5% attach rate to Magby; thanks to the duplication exploit, you should only need to find one to duplicate!), so that would certainly be appreciated, and I'll be hunting down an Elekid with an Electirizer next and duplicating that for trade too.

Why they didn't keep the attach rates the same as they were in the original games I have no idea, that's got to be one of the strangest decisions in the game given some of their other decisions, like how many starter Pokémon I'm encountering in the Grand Underground. 

Think I'm adjusting my aims to a completed Sinnoh Dex and then a Living, BDSP-caught #387 - #493 (I mean, bar Palkia of course!). Beyond that I've got a list of things I want to do now before I put the game down, not sure how much I'll bother with the Battle Tower and National Dex at this point, so at least I've set myself an endgame of sorts. Already spent much more time with this than I did Sword... :blank: though that does make me want to check out the DLC and even Let's Go. Though I might save my hunger for more Pokémon until Legends: Arceus so that I don't burn out!

Also...

19 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Does that actually work? I know X and Y stopped those kind of shenanigans.

Yeah, still works like a charm. First Mesprit encounter, Mean Look + False Swipe + Hypnosis and then caught with the first Ultra Ball. 

I guess making faithful remakes meant keeping quirks like that around :D

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

...and I'll be hunting down an Elekid with an Electirizer next and duplicating that for trade too.

Why they didn't keep the attach rates the same as they were in the original games I have no idea, that's got to be one of the strangest decisions in the game given some of their other decisions, like how many starter Pokémon I'm encountering in the Grand Underground. 

Finding an Electirizer took around two hours, probably 30+ Elekid, and that's with a Super Luck Absol out front using Thief, a Pokémon with Static in my party, and only Electric-type statues in my base. That was painful.

On the upside though, I now have 10+ Electirizers for anyone who needs one :laughing:

Welp, there are multiple methods now to clone Pokémon now, meaning much faster ways to duplicate items. Fastest I've found:

Reminds me of hearing about the GTS cloning method back on the original games. Man, this game is so busted, but still, guess this will save me having to buy loads of Balls now, as well as the time that the other exploit took. It's tough because I don't like making use of such exploits, but it just saves time ::shrug: plus, I still need to catch the things! 

@Glen-i let me know if you'd be interested in a Dialga clone that you can keep for a Palkia clone, until there's an event I guess this will probably be the only way I can get a Living, BDSP-Caught #387 - #493 :blank:

7 hours ago, Julius said:

@Glen-i let me know if you'd be interested in a Dialga clone that you can keep for a Palkia clone, until there's an event I guess this will probably be the only way I can get a Living, BDSP-Caught #387 - #493 :blank:

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't ever use any duplication glitches in my Pokémon collecting. It's a point of pride for me.

That said, Palkia is available in Shield (Crown Tundra DLC), so theoretically, you can wait for the HOME update and transfer it. (It's what I'm doing with Dialga)

If you still don't have (or can't get) a Palkia by the time that update drops, you can have mine. I have a more competitive one over on Shield.

EDIT: Not quite as difficult as the Feebas, but I just caught a Heracross. Seeing as Munchlax can be gotten through the underground, that's the most annoying Pokémon you have to catch with honey trees.

I've got an Aipom as well, so if anyone can't be bothered with that, I can breed some off for you.

Edited by Glen-i

Both my honey trees had a Heracross as well, so one got promptly added to my team.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't ever use any duplication glitches in my Pokémon collecting. It's a point of pride for me.

That's fair enough :smile: honestly going through and releasing them all individually after has been a bit of a pain, but it's faster than the alternative for getting all the Ultra Balls and Quick Balls I'll need to get my Dex to where I want it (as opposed to the resort couple + Vs. Seeker to farm money), so I'll take it. 

Can't help but find it hilarious how many methods there are to exploit the game, just like back in the day. I'm not going to do it, but I've seen that it's possible to break boundaries with Surf again to go get yourself a Shaymin. 

That said, Palkia is available in Shield (Crown Tundra DLC), so theoretically, you can wait for the HOME update and transfer it. (It's what I'm doing with Dialga)

If you still don't have (or can't get) a Palkia by the time that update drops, you can have mine. I have a more competitive one over on Shield.

Yeah, I've got to play the DLC at some point anyways, but I've got Sword :laughing: so I might take you up on your offer when Home launches, if the offer still stands then, would greatly appreciate it :peace:

Not quite as difficult as the Feebas, but I just caught a Heracross. Seeing as Munchlax can be gotten through the underground, that's the most annoying Pokémon you have to catch with honey trees.

I've got an Aipom as well, so if anyone can't be bothered with that, I can breed some off for you.

Unless my luck drastically improves before we trade, I might be interested in both an Aipom and a Heracross if you don't mind? 

Slathering honey over trees in this and getting nothing, I'm very confused about how easily I got a Heracross in Platinum for my first playthrough back in the day...

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Yeah, I've got to play the DLC at some point anyways, but I've got Sword :laughing: so I might take you up on your offer when Home launches, if the offer still stands then, would greatly appreciate it :peace:

Actually, Sword players can still catch a Palkia (And any other exclusive legendaries caught in a similar manner), they just need a friend with Shield who has access to one.

I've got Palkia on my saved list in Sword, I'm still shiny hunting it, if you want to join for one.

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

I've got Palkia on my saved list in Sword, I'm still shiny hunting it, if you want to join for one.

I've been meaning to ask if you'd be up for some Dynamax Adventure sessions over the weekends. So, I'd be happy to help now and again.

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I've been meaning to ask if you'd be up for some Dynamax Adventure sessions over the weekends. So, I'd be happy to help now and again.

I actually meant to bring it up myself as I was thinking of resuming it soon, so that would be great.

11 hours ago, Ike said:

I actually meant to bring it up myself as I was thinking of resuming it soon, so that would be great.

Well, give me a heads up for when you plan on doing so and I'll let you know if I can make it. (Probably on the Sword/Shield thread)

Hey guys, so I’ve beaten Cynthia last Saturday and now completed the National Dex, except for…. Drifloon. Seems I somehow missed a trainer battle in Hearthome Gym and have to wait ‘till Friday for Drifloon to re-appear.

Anyone care to trade me one?

EDIT: have one!

Edited by markderoos
nevermind
  • Like 1

Apparently, if the camera cuts to the trainer when entering a wild battle, the Pokémon has 2 or more perfect IVs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not certain I did the test correctly, but I don't think using X items boosts Pokemon friendship anymore, which is a shame because it was a quick (although slightly pricey) way to do it.

11 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

I'm not certain I did the test correctly, but I don't think using X items boosts Pokemon friendship anymore, which is a shame because it was a quick (although slightly pricey) way to do it.

The berries that specifically raise happiness while also lowering a Pokemon's base stats definitely work. I did it myself.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Apparently, if the camera cuts to the trainer when entering a wild battle, the Pokémon has 2 or more perfect IVs.

Oh, did I forget to mention this? Sorry.

At first, I thought it was a subtle way of hiding loading times, but Serebii got info about it, and yeah, that's the case. It's very neat. It happened every time I fought Palkia and the lake trio, and seeing as all legendaries have 3 guaranteed perfect IV's these days, it checks out.

• Like 1

Sorry I meant X Items as in, X Attack, X Defend and so on, they used to raise happiness 2 points a time but I don't think they do in these games.

Edit: That's a good tip about the berries though, I'll give that a try. :D

Edited by Sckewi

1 hour ago, Sckewi said:

Sorry I meant X Items as in, X Attack, X Defend and so on, they used to raise happiness 2 points a time but I don't think they do in these games.

Edit: That's a good tip about the berries though, I'll give that a try. :D

Just make sure you don't use them up. They're very useful berries. If you're running low, consider planting them instead.

• Thanks 1

@Glen-i any chance you'll be free over the weekend for some more trading? I've managed to grab all of the Honey Tree critters and a Feebas, so in terms of updated lists...

In terms of exclusives, I'm still looking for:

• Shieldon*
  • Glameow*
  • Seviper
  • Bagon
  • Stantler

Still got the Kecleon, Ekans, and Caterpier to the side if you still need them :smile: 

There are also some rare Pokémon I'd really appreciate your (or anyone else's) help with if you've caught them:

• Yanma (still no luck at the Great Marsh!)
  • Nosepass (a swarm Pokémon I haven't had yet)
  • Bonsly (no luck in Trophy Garden, believe this one's available in the wild in Shining Pearl?)

Beyond that, got a few trade evolutions left to trade and trade back:

• Porygon > Porygon2 > Porygon-Z
  • Machoke > Machamp
  • Haunter > Gengar
  • Graveler > Golem
  • Electabuzz > Electivire

And if you've managed to grab a spare Magmarizer, would appreciate trading for one with one of my spare Electirizers to add a Magmar > Magmortar trade evolution to the list! 

I've only got 9 Pokémon left to obtain in the Sinnoh Dex at this point, so if anyone wants me to breed anything for them like the Sinnoh starters or rare Pokémon like Feebas, Spiritomb, etc., just let me know!

I've also come across a lot of other things down in the Grand Underground, like starters from other regions prior to Gen IV, so if you want any of those that aren't named Charmander, Squirtle, or Chikorita, more than happy to breed some. Oh, and other rare Underground Pokémon, like Tangela, etc., so if anyone needs help with getting a hold of something like that, odds are I've come across, so feel free to ask and I'll let you know :peace:

End of the Sinnoh Dex and Living Sinnoh 107 (well, 103 for now!) is finally in sight, just trading and daily event ones left. Still got the grind left that is getting all those Mysterious Shards for Ramanas Park (woo) to get the other legendary Pokémon beyond the Regi's (I caught all three and Regigigas in Premier Balls pretty easily, which is...perplexing), the Contests, a couple of trainer rematches, and a visit to Route 224 which I've been putting off until now, but yeah, think my time with the game will probably wind down after the weekend (will of course still be free for trades if anyone needs them after that). 

This is far cry from the remake I've been dreaming of since I was a kid, but it's been a whole lot of fun regardless. I've passed the 50 hours played threshold in a Pokémon game for the first time in nearly a decade (Omega Ruby was the last one, and with a total.playtime of 53:10 on that, this will be my most played Pokémon game since White when I put it down), and man, that Grand Underground is a near malicious kind of addicting. The Game Corner gets closed and we get this dopamine fest instead :laughing:

Edited by Julius

Righto, @Julius. I'll be available all day today, so just give me a heads up for when you're ready to go.

I still need the Diamond exclusives you have, including Seedot, which you forgot to mention.

Out of the three rare Pokémon you mentioned, I only have Bonsly, so I can get you one of those. (You imply that you actually have a Feebas now, I could've given you one instead of you torturing yourself fishing, but oh well)

I also have a couple of trade evolutions to do as well, namely Scyther and Dusclops.

I have every starter except Treecko, now. So I can get you a Charmander, Squirtle, and Chikorita as well if you want. Wouldn't mind a Treecko in return.

Haven't actually looked for the Magmarizer yet though, been focusing on catching every Pokémon I can. Will let you know when I get one.

I'll get to work on the eggs now.

• Like 1