Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Dinosaur Planet N64 Build has leaked!!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

EuqpvmQUcAAsLh9?format=png&name=small

Euqpxq_VgAc7uAc?format=jpg&name=orig

EuqpwsrUcAU0beb?format=jpg&name=orig

EuqpykFVgAMdztJ?format=jpg&name=medium

THE HOLY GRAIL HAS LEAKED!! :bouncy:

I can't believe that Fox was actually added into the game before it got ported to GCN!!!

BTW: I can confirm that it DOES indeed run on real hardware via an Everdrive (requires Expansion Pak though - making it one of only 4 N64 games to ever need one).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully it can be adapted to run on emulators a bit better, it runs but not well. It also sounds like the end of the game isn't quite working (even on original hardware).

I'm curious as to just how different it is. Also, will a version of Twelve Tales: Conker 64 be found some day?

Why does Fox have the face of an old man, the body of a young man and the hand of a telenovella star that can slap faces like nobody's business?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cube said:

Hopefully it can be adapted to run on emulators a bit better, it runs but not well. It also sounds like the end of the game isn't quite working (even on original hardware).

I'm curious as to just how different it is. Also, will a version of Twelve Tales: Conker 64 be found some day?

Rare still have their in-development builds of Twelve Tales...

They also have various builds of Project Dream (SNES and N64) and Banjo Kazooie floating around in their offices...

On that matter... Capcom (amazingly enough!) still have the N64 build of Resident Evil Zero!

So leaks of all of these are very possible one day!

• Like 1

Messed around a little bit with it, interesting how Sabre's icon is used and other characters call him by that name. Can't really play it properly on an emulator, but I'm wondering if at this point all they've done is added Fox's model and voice lines and not altered anything else at this point.

Also, is Krystal voiced by Jo Dark in this?

Edit: Apparently she voiced her in the final version as well, but with a very different voice because for some reason they had all the lines redone for the GameCube version with an American accent. 

Also, the Sabre voice actor voiced Fox, so it would only be lines talking about himself that would be replaced, so definitely seems like they've only just made the change by this version. 

Just played it on my N64 via everdrive. 20 years I waited to play it. Was so hyped for this game back in the day with the previews in N64 magazine.

Looks and sounds fantastic for an N64 game. Wouldn't expect anything less from Rare.

Unfortunately it crashed on me just as I was starting with Sabre. Didn't save beforehand either....

I see Resident Evil 0 and Twelve Tales being mentioned but what about the N64 version of Eternal Darkness?

Seems that Cape Claw is as far as you can get in this build without hacking?

From what I’ve seen of this build, it is a VERY different game from the final GCN version.  The level design is completely different, the game & event structure is totally different as well.

Outside of a few set pieces & minigames (like the speeder bike chase & the Shop), and the overall basic setting? basically everything is different!

Krystal & Sabre are both playable and you swap between the two throughout the game! Sabre has Tricky (who is generally similar to his SFA counterpart); while Krystal has her own partner (who is a pterodactyl).

So yeah, this game REALLY changed drastically when it was moved over to the Cube!

Really cool interview with Kevin Bayliss, the lead artist on Dinosaur Planet/Star Fox Adventures...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/opinion/dinosaur-planet-leak/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Some choice excerpts...

The main character was originally going to be – believe it or not – Timber, the cute tiger from Diddy Kong Racing. That’s because he was intended to be the star of the previous year’s racing game, when it was originally known as R.C. Pro-Am 64.

“In Dinosaur Planet, Timber was going to be a ‘time-travelling tiger’ with a rucksack, little fingerless gloves, a baseball cap and a small dinosaur for a sidekick.”

However, due to a last-minute rebrand which saw Diddy take pole position as the main character, Timber had to accept second place and never really made the leading role. I wasn’t too disappointed about this, to be honest, because luckily Diddy was also my character design too. In fact, I was quite excited to have a game coming out which was pretty much named after him as the main man!

Apparently, NCL were very impressed with what they had seen of the game and so during the show we met and discussed the possibility of a ‘marriage’ between the “Star Fox” and “Dinosaur Planet” IPs to create something really special. The idea was to create Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet (as it was initially known) for the N64, but of course we eventually ended up transferring to GameCube as that platform released.

I thought this was amazing at the time, although I was also concerned about how we were going to make the story work with the existing characters from the already established Star Fox series. This apprehension remained when I got back to Rare following the show, but [co-founder] Tim Stamper reassured me that it would be fine and we’d work it out.

Edited by Dcubed

50 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Really cool interview with Kevin Bayliss, the lead artist on Dinosaur Planet/Star Fox Adventures...

See, that's really cool and all, but now I'm just wondering if Timber always had these time travelling powers?

Does he actually come from an apocalyptic future where Wizpig rules the world with an iron fist, which forced him to use said powers to go back in time and enlist Diddy, Banjo and Conker to help change history... By method of light-hearted races, because that solves everything, apparently.

Although this would defo lend credence to the whole "Tricky from Diddy Kong Racing is descended from Tricky from Star Fox Adventures" thing.

These are all very important questions.

Edited by Glen-i

54 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

See, that's really cool and all, but now I'm just wondering if Timber always had these time travelling powers?

Does he actually come from an apocalyptic future where Wizpig rules the world with an iron fist, which forced him to use said powers to go back in time and enlist Diddy, Banjo and Conker to help change history... By method of light-hearted races, because that solves everything, apparently.

Although this would defo lend credence to the whole "Tricky from Diddy Kong Racing is descended from Tricky from Star Fox Adventures" thing.

These are all very important questions.

Whelp! That's the next GQTDM thread sorted then!

• Haha 1

Wait, Starfox Adventures and DKR potentially take place in the same planet? Dang, what a shared universe.

Sign in to follow this