NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Diablo II: Resurrected (2021)

Well, I guess those potential leaks turned out to be true.

Got to imagine we'll be seeing plenty more remasters from Blizzard moving forwards after what happened to Vicarious Visions, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Also coming to Switch so perhaps this thread should be moved to the Nintendo forum?

Can’t someone just make another thread in there? Not everyone wants to venture into the Nintendo section to talk about stuff.

• Thanks 1

September 23rd. That's my sister's birthday. I know what she'll be doing then :D

I will most likely pre-order this digitally as soon as I can get some cheap PSN credit, this is a game that will most likely never leave my PS5's SSD.

With the new patch and the included (much needed) buffs for certain skills/characters, I've decided to start my Platinum run for this game.

This means: Getting a Hardcore character to level 99 (among other things). This is going to be a looooooooong journey. A certain trophy guide puts this at a 999 hour endeavor :o 
Now to be fair, the danger of losing your Hardcore char (permadeath) is irrelevant thanks to save backups. There's also the option to set the playercount to max (8) in singleplayer sessions so you can maximise XP gain. This however, makes the game very difficult as monster health and damage scales with playercount.

Soooooo you need to acquire very rare and powerful gear. This is, obviously, RNG dependent and can take quite a long time.

I started with a Druid but later read that he isn't that viable for the end game (i.e. ultra bosses). Which is why I decided to create a Paladin, probably the best character in the game :D 

I'm now at level 82 and was very lucky with one particular drop: A certain rune which is 1/3 of the most useful/powerful runeword you can get:

JtcW21S.png

The beauty of this is: "+1 to Teleport", the best mobility skill which is usually exclusive to one class (Sorceress) but with this every class can teleport. If I find the Jah rune...farming runs would become so much easier :D 

Anyways, probably no one here is interested/knows enough about the game to be excited for me, but I'll probably keep you updated once I get more gear and achieve some milestones :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the new patch and the included (much needed) buffs for certain skills/characters, I've decided to start my Platinum run for this game.
This means: Getting a Hardcore character to level 99 (among other things). This is going to be a looooooooong journey. A certain trophy guide puts this at a 999 hour endeavor  
Now to be fair, the danger of losing your Hardcore char (permadeath) is irrelevant thanks to save backups. There's also the option to set the playercount to max (8) in singleplayer sessions so you can maximise XP gain. This however, makes the game very difficult as monster health and damage scales with playercount.
Soooooo you need to acquire very rare and powerful gear. This is, obviously, RNG dependent and can take quite a long time.
I started with a Druid but later read that he isn't that viable for the end game (i.e. ultra bosses). Which is why I decided to create a Paladin, probably the best character in the game  
I'm now at level 82 and was very lucky with one particular drop: A certain rune which is 1/3 of the most useful/powerful runeword you can get:
JtcW21S.png
The beauty of this is: "+1 to Teleport", the best mobility skill which is usually exclusive to one class (Sorceress) but with this every class can teleport. If I find the Jah rune...farming runs would become so much easier  
Anyways, probably no one here is interested/knows enough about the game to be excited for me, but I'll probably keep you updated once I get more gear and achieve some milestones  
Jah Rune? I'm not really into rap.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to drahkon's D2 item showcase that nobody cares about.

First on the agenda:

Diablo-II-Resurrected-20220516162220.jpg

There it is. The coveted Enigma. Doing certain xp/item farming runs has now become considerably more efficient :cool: 
I can see why the devs don't enable the "Player X" setting for online characters. Being able to increase drop-rates through that setting is pretty OP and would crash the ingame economy pretty quickly.
It did, however, work wonders for me. Case in point:

Diablo-II-Resurrected-20220516162205.jpg

Now, the shield itself is no biggy, even though it only has dropped once for me in hardcore. And of course it had to be the ethereal variant, i.e. it can't be repaired. HOWEVER, I got one of the two rarest drops (seriously, only one item has a lower drop rate) not that much later: a Zod rune, which makes the item it is put into indestructible. The first time this rune dropped for me in my entire D2 career :o 

Also managed to create this one:

Diablo-II-Resurrected-20220516162228.jpg

Pretty strong item for a caster, which my Paladin is.

Thanks to those items I was also able to take down the hardest bosses in the game. First time I've ever done that. Felt pretty great.

Now I'm kind of set. I can manage to clear high level areas on Player 8 for maximum XP gain. Still...getting to level 99 could take years :p 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this