NEurope
Julius

Splatoon 3 (9th September 2022)

This afternoon I cracked on with the final level/Champion's Road stage and finally pulled off the win.

FilWxAnaEAM58D3?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FilWxAaacAA7AtV?format=jpg&name=large

FilWxAPagAMnqcr?format=jpg&name=large

The stage itself is split up into 4 different areas, each of which testing you on different skills you have learnt during the course of the game. Strangely, the first section is easily the hardest. You have to navigate a very large area without dying and if you do, it's straight back to the start you go. This is the case with each of the 4 sections but the first one is very long and it has many a tricky jump. One wrong move and you end up falling to your death.

That's everything in the campaign done. I can't really seeing me putting much time into the online side of things. Maybe I'll pop on when there's a Splatfest that interests me but I have no real desire to play the standard online mode. I have far too many other games to get through to dedicate myself to playing an online shooter.

splatoon3version200updatebanner.620x0.webp

Splatoon 3 Update Version 2.0.0 Patch Notes

Patch notes for the latest Splatoon 3 version 2.0.0 update.

Get ready to scroll, as it's a lot of text.

Handy Items – available now!
Once you've purchased the Expansion Pass and downloaded the Ver.2.1.1 update, head to the in-game Lobby to receive some fresh items you can use right away!
- 123,000 Cash (in-game currency)
- 3 double XP food tickets
- 1 of each drink ticket

Wave 1: Inkopolis – releasing spring 2023
Make Inkopolis from the original Splatoon on Wii U your stomping grounds. The Squid Sisters are also here to make Splatfests even fresher! Products offered here are the same as in Splatsville, so you can shop in either city. Modes and amiibo functionality all work in the same way, too.

Wave 2: Side Order – releasing by December 31st, 2024
Enjoy a brand new story set in Inkopolis Square from Splatoon 2 on Nintendo Switch.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/Splatoon-3-1924751.html#Expansion_Pass

Having trouble squaring the circle with this one. So they're giving you in-game tat, wave 1 seems like something that'd be a free update and wave 2 is coming before the end of next year? Can't get my head around it, and checking some other haunts, they're just as perplexed.

uc?export=view&id=1NH54KSA0VjdCF4gAQ7Bcj

uc?export=view&id=1NIWd_fVNbihtFXTUQhG7s

Saw this crop up over the weekend. Gale of Dark Chocolate. Funny the associations people come up with! :laughing: 

Spoiler

uc?export=view&id=1NIXP8DSIrxd5FSxkUHoWP

uc?export=view&id=1NMBm7dU8iwvwH_CxsCGPb

Tried to get a good shot of another one (at the time I thought they were all slightly different variations on the theme) and got duly splatted. :D 

Well anyway. The white supremacists milky bar kids won the splatfest. :( 

• Haha 1

There's a Big Run this weekend which is nice enough on its own, however they've added a new King Salmonid that's currently appearing during Xtrawaves, Horrorboros. It's a big, long target that seems to circle around fairly harmlessly which made for an unexpectedly easy takedown. It was cool to see it! Will probably do a few more rounds tomorrow and have another go at it. Sort of feels like we're crossing over into Monster Hunter territory with this kind of thing. :D 

Noticed this is £20 in Tesco earlier if anyone is looking for it. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like Nintendo are cranking out everything they can before the end of the financial year.

I suspect that this will be amongst the last original first party Switch games/DLC we will see for the current Switch console outside of remasters/ports/remakes; with full steam ahead for Switch 2 come April.

Must admit I'm not too bothered about this. Chalk it up to a combination of being done with the game, not being into (paid) DLC and a lack of intrigue since it was revealed to be some sort of roguelike—but they are welcome to convince me otherwise. Hope it delivers for everyone still on Splatoon 3. 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Looks like Nintendo are cranking out everything they can before the end of the financial year.

I suspect that this will be amongst the last original first party Switch games/DLC we will see for the current Switch console outside of remasters/ports/remakes; with full steam ahead for Switch 2 come April.

Is it this time of year again.

Side Order DLC overview ahead of its 22nd Feb release:

Challenge yourself in a new single-player campaign that's designed to be replayed over and over again! As Agent 8, you must defeat wave after wave of enemies to ascend the ominous Spire of Order, accompanied by the drone. Pearl? Gear up for some serious splatting when Side Order, Wave 2 of the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass paid DLC for the Splatoon 3 game, launches on the Nintendo Switch system February 22, 2024.

And Fresh Season arrives 1st March: 

The Spring 2024 Fresh Season begins on 3/1 in #Splatoon3!
This new season brings new stages, new weapons, and new gear to the game! Grab some friends and get playing today!

Pours a whole lot of fuel on the fire that this week's rumoured/the next Direct is going to focus on partners, with how this was just so haphazardly dropped :p