NEurope
Julius

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Summonable Fi is megaton.

Standing by for the next video which will showcase the range of amiibo needed to unlock and enjoy these features.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

:confused: That's a video on Skyward Sword, not The Wind Waker 

Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time form the ultimate Zelda Triforce :hehe:

• Like 1

It’s basically everything we were all wanting and expecting.

Awesome!

Yeah, super excited to play this now - I loved it in 2011 even with all the laborious nonsense, I'm surely going to score it even more now!

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ahh.  Remember when Zelda used to have handcrafted level design, divine music, interesting characters & settings and wonderful gameplay that captivated you and made you feel something amazing?

Remember when Zelda wasn't just generic Ubisoft open world sludge? Yeah, I do too.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

Getting Game Over on the first Ghirahim fight is very accurate.

Probably the most harsh first boss in Zelda history. Proper wake up call that "No, waggling randomly is not gonna cut it in this game!"

I think I struggled each time there was a fight with Ghirahim!

It's been more than long enough that I don't remember why, exactly, but perhaps I just hadn't figured out the correct tactics to beat him..

On 02/07/2021 at 4:13 PM, darksnowman said:

Summonable Fi is megaton.

I could swear you could already do that in the original.

Furthermore, the bug fix they showcased in the trailer... I could swear it never applied to stamina fruit in the first place, either. Only the forgeable items.

11 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I could swear you could already do that in the original.

You could. But I think they're trying to imply that she won't interrupt as often.

• Haha 1

Hopefully the low battery, low health (as if the annoying beeping isn't a clue) and "you should take a rest" Fi interruptions are completely removed. 

12 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Ahh.  Remember when Zelda used to have handcrafted level design, divine music, interesting characters & settings and wonderful gameplay that captivated you and made you feel something amazing?

Remember when Zelda wasn't just generic Ubisoft open world sludge? Yeah, I do too.

Really weird comment. Apart from the towers, BOTW’s openworld was the antithesis of Ubisoft’s games. Like, literally the opposite. 

• Like 1

It seems some people took the quality of life trailer to mean that Fi is now offering even more advice, so maybe this tweet is in relation to that misconception

The sword hilt and the Fi symbol in the lower-left are going to be glowing and pulsating for hours on end, aren't they. 

Their fix seems almost as annoying as the original issue.

Are you suggesting BoTW was randomly generated?

If so, give me that particular random generator. I've some money to print...

6 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Enter the Shrinegeon here we go.

27 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

He's clearly exaggerating.

What he's trying to say is that because of the sheer size of the overworld, less important bits aren't as handcrafted as you'd see in the likes of Skyward Sword.

Which is my biggest beef with BotW and open-world games in general. For the sheer size of that game to be achieved, there's a lot of parts that are just full of nothing. Just someplace for you to run through to get to something hopefully more interesting.

It's big for the sake of being big.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

He's clearly exaggerating.

What he's trying to say is that because of the sheer size of the overworld, less important bits aren't as handcrafted as you'd see in the likes of Skyward Sword.

Which is my biggest beef with BotW and open-world games in general. For the sheer size of that game to be achieved, there's a lot of parts that are just full of nothing. Just someplace for you to run through to get to something hopefully more interesting.

It's big for the sake of being big.

Shrines were everywhere though. I can't say I ever had the feeling that there wasn't enough to do in a given space.

I think the most important thing BoTW did was shook up a very stale franchise. Sure Zelda games before then had been more crafted and on a smaller scale but they played out very similar to each other, right down to how dungeons were designed and the recurring weapons and tools. BoTW didn't win every award going for no reason, it was, pun intended, a breath of fresh air. The comparisons other people tend to make to other open world games of the time don't really work, as the game played nothing like them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

Shrines were everywhere though. I can't say I ever had the feeling that there wasn't enough to do in a given space.

The problem there is that there were only about 20 shrines I actually found to be engaging. And yes, I am counting the ones where getting in is the puzzle itself.

The first 4 shrines promise so much in terms of cool puzzles, but the other 116 just can't cash that cheque.

The gameplay for me was just 15 minutes of running towards some destination I decided to pick, taking detours whenever that shrine radar pinged. Completing a no-doubt tiny little shrine, and then another 15 minutes of running towards the destination.

It was just boring. It's like that bit when you're running from Kokiri Forest to Castle Town in OoT. Mesmerising, the first time, but after a while, you start to realise how blooming empty it is. It's not so bad in OoT, because that's just one area, but BotW is 80% big, empty fields.

18 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The problem there is that there were only about 20 shrines I actually found to be engaging. And yes, I am counting the ones where getting in is the puzzle itself.

The first 4 shrines promise so much in terms of cool puzzles, but the other 116 just can't cash that cheque.

The gameplay for me was just 15 minutes of running towards some destination I decided to pick, taking detours whenever that shrine radar pinged. Completing a no-doubt tiny little shrine, and then another 15 minutes of running towards the destination.

It was just boring. It's like that bit when you're running from Kokiri Forest to Castle Town in OoT. Mesmerising, the first time, but after a while, you start to realise how blooming empty it is. It's not so bad in OoT, because that's just one area, but BotW is 80% big, empty fields.

I'm of the opinion that Eventide island on its own was more fun than anything that featured in Skyward Sword. :heh:

13 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I'm of the opinion that Eventide island on its own was more fun than anything that featured in Skyward Sword. :heh:

Funny that, I thought it was one of the worst bits.

Not as horrible as the Yiga Hideout, but still.

Funny that, I thought it was one of the worst bits.
Not as horrible as the Yiga Hideout, but still.
One of the reasons I liked it so much is because there was actually some challenge involved. Normal Zelda games are so trivially easy, what with all the glass bottles of fairies you could always haul around.