NEurope
Julius

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Even if my Joy-Cons weren't busted, I can't get around having to click in the stick for any sort of action where I'd need to bust it out at a second's moment like stabbing or shield deflecting.

Some of the stuff like drawing the bow or throwing a bomb seem kind of confusing as well.

It's a shame, gonna have to give it a pass, and it's in my top three Zelda games, to boot.

24 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Unless Switch Lites come with wrist straps I can't see them encouraging people to swing them around like Master Swords.

But you can use button controls with joy cons. At least I hope you can. 

57 minutes ago, Cube said:

I would not bet money on that.

On 24/05/2021 at 12:46 PM, Julius said:

The amiibo is now up on Amazon UK for anyone interested. Currently showing as £29.99. 

What's with Amazon charging over RRP fo Amiibos?

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

What's with Amazon charging over RRP fo Amiibos?

Bezos needs to recover from his divorce somehow :p

23 hours ago, Cube said:

Yeah, pretty sure Aounuma demonstrated that. At least simulating slashes with the stick was shown a month or three ago, anyway. But if you want to mix and match would that not mean allowing those with Switch Lites to flaff them around like Wii motion+ powered remotes? :laughing: 

You can now pre-order the game, joy con and amiibo from the official UK Nintendo store.

I think they take the money now though which isn't good for my wallet...

5 hours ago, killthenet said:

You can now pre-order the game, joy con and amiibo from the official UK Nintendo store.

I think they take the money now though which isn't good for my wallet...

They don’t. I had this appear like that when I did Mario Golf, it showed as pending for a few days then disappeared. 
I may grab the Amiibo now and get the game later. 

• Thanks 1

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD takes the classic quest and optimises it for Nintendo Switch, improving the experience in a number of ways including:

• Enhanced performance
  • Improved motion controls with the Joy-Con controllers
  • All-new button controls, allowing you to choose your style of play
  • Various quality-of-life enhancements, including refinements to player tutorials and general guidance throughout the adventure

From the nintendo.co.uk page.

I would love to know just how substantial these QoL enhancements are. 

• Like 1

"player tutorials" sounds like they've gotten rid of those ridiculous popups whenever you collect a rupee from a chest.
"general guidance throughout the adventure" sounds like they mercifully toned Fi down

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

"general guidance throughout the adventure" sounds like they mercifully toned Fi down

Low-Fi mode

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

You can now use Why-Fi in the game when you want to talk to Fi.

Edited by MindFreak

The fact that there's a disclaimer pointing out that the game won't actually put the Triforce of Courage on the back of your hand is bloody hilarious!

It also still feels very weird whenever a port gets more actual advertising then the original game did.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The fact that there's a disclaimer pointing out that the game won't actually put the Triforce of Courage on the back of your hand is bloody hilarious!

Yeah, I had a chuckle at that as well.

My main takeaway from that advert was how much fun it looks to play and how I can't wait to experience it all again :love:

I'll draw a triforce on my hand if necessary!

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well that's the last straw. Pre-order cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weird 1

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I’m surprised there’s not another disclaimer saying “please do not jump off cliffs or your couch to land on a loft wing” like that lady is doing at the start of the video. (Well I’m assuming she did as they seem to be really showing off the motion controls) 😂 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m surprised there’s not another disclaimer saying “please do not jump off cliffs or your couch to land on a loft wing” like that lady is doing at the start of the video. (Well I’m assuming she did as they seem to be really showing off the motion controls) 😂 

I was expecting a shot of her right afterwards.. Flat on the floor.

• Weird 1

4 minutes ago, nekunando said:

The best Zelda gets even better :grin:

:confused: That's a video on Skyward Sword, not The Wind Waker 

I like how fixing one glitch gets a demonstration in the trailer and is a key point of the HD version.