NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Triangle Strategy (4th March 2022)

Fired this up this evening and after 2 hours of play I've only fought 1 battle. I'm not complaining though as I'm really enjoying the world building that's going on. I already have a few favourites who I'm rooting for (Frederica, Roland and Serona), as well as some characters who I immediately dislike. I'm looking at you Thalas and Erika!

I'm loving the choices/scales system for the dialogue. Some of them have been easy picks but one or two have been a bit tricky to decide on. I dread to think what I will be like once the higher stake decisions start cropping up. I'm looking forward to seeing how the game pans out after the selections I've picked.

I'm also loving the character art and the overall look of the game. 2D-HD engine is a work of art. It's beautiful to look at. There was a scene when characters gathered in a courtyard that featured a pond and fountain. I just sat there taking it all in. Gorgeous.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I wonder how many battles H-o-T has fought after 2 hours of play

3?

Triangle Strategy is great though. I'm not the biggest strategy game fan. But the setting and plot is so engaging. Surprise hit of last year for me.

7 hours ago, drahkon said:

I wonder how many battles H-o-T has fought after 2 hours of play

Haha. The site kept crashing as I was posting. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. The site kept crashing as I was posting. 

You probably tried post at midnight. The site always goes down at that time for some reason.

@Glen-i, I've unlocked the ability to grind battles/exp in the encampment. Are there any downsides to doing this? If not, it will be good to do a spot of grinding to overlevel my team.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Glen-i, I've unlocked the ability to grind battles/exp in the encampment. Are there any downsides to doing this? If not, it will be good to do a spot of grinding to overlevel my team.

No downside, but you get less EXP if you're a few levels above the recommended one. At a certain point, it takes far too long to bother with.

Makes a decent way to get some materials for forging when you unlock that feature though.

• Thanks 1

Cheers.

Yeah, I noticed the lower level characters were getting more exp than others. I'll probably do it until the exp drops to the point where it's not worth it.

Got my all my team to level 5 and think it's best to move on now. I've only got 2 of the mock battles unlocked and so I cant really gain much in terms of materials. Also, the game seems a bit stingy with money at the moment. You barely get any for winning a mock battle. I've earned enough to most characters a boost in each of their fields but it hasn't been cheap. 

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Got my all my team to level 5 and think it's best to move on now. I've only got 2 of the mock battles unlocked and so I cant really gain much in terms of materials. Also, the game seems a bit stingy with money at the moment. You barely get any for winning a mock battle. I've earned enough to most characters a boost in each of their fields but it hasn't been cheap. 

It is stingy with money at first, you're gonna have to prioritise. And there's no way in hell you're maxing out everything in one playthrough. The game isn't designed like that.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It is stingy with money at first, you're gonna have to prioritise. And there's no way in hell you're maxing out everything in one playthrough. The game isn't designed like that.

Nah. I've no intention of doing so. I just like to get extra gains where I can.

For my first major decision in the game I have opted to journey to Hyzante. Serona's bride seemed to want to go there and so I didn't want to upset the missus. :D Managed to convince the majority of the team to agree with me and so off we go.

Well, chapters 5 and 6 have certainly been entertaining.

Spoiler

The sons a bitches over at Aesfrost have invaded Whiteholm. I ain't letting that stand. Then the doucebag that is Gustadolph goes and wipes out Roland's brother right in front of him! 

Wasn't happy Hughette was accusing Frederica of being in on it all.

Picked up 3 new characters via the side stories but I doubt any will break into my main team. Like Fire Emblem, I usually become very attached to the characters you get early on and any additions don't really get a look in, especially when space on my team is limited.

Still really enjoying it. I'm just playing in-between other things. Just doing a chapter or so a day, with a spot of grinding as well.

21 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, chapters 5 and 6 have certainly been entertaining.

Story Spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

The sons a bitches over at Aesfrost have invaded Whiteholm. I ain't letting that stand. Then the doucebag that is Gustadolph goes and wipes out Roland's brother right in front of him! 

Wasn't happy Hughette was accusing Frederica of being in on it all.

Picked up 3 new characters via the side stories but I doubt any will break into my main team. Like Fire Emblem, I usually become very attached to the characters you get early on and any additions don't really get a look in, especially when space on my team is limited.

Still really enjoying it. I'm just playing in-between other things. Just doing a chapter or so a day, with a spot of grinding as well.

Fire Emblem normally gives you the best characters near the start, with later ones usually meant to serve as replacements for those who kick the bucket.

Triangle Strategy is different in that regard, because every character has a unique toolkit, meaning some characters really shine in some scenarios. Thankfully, underleveled characters get buttloads of EXP, so it's easy to catch up.

There's one particular late game side story character who is so incredibly busted, he can finish some battles in 1 turn. Chances are good that you won't get him in your first playthrough though.

Then I probably won't find him at all as I doubt I'll be doing another playthrough, at least not for a very long time. Far too many other games to get through.

Spoiler

There was no way I was handing over Roland and instead I convinced everyone to join my side and fight for him.

The battle after the above event was very intense. I had to use fire traps in order to defeat the enemy. Problem was, using these traps meant I would burn my town to the ground. I refused to sacrifice the town and so I dug in deep and done things the hard way. I had just recuited the barkeeper before this fight and her healing skills came in very handy. It was very satisfying putting Avlora in her place. 

Sign in to follow this